Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 16

The standings after Week 15 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 16. Calgary has the bye this week.
Hamilton @ Toronto
Ottawa @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal
Winnipeg@ Edmonton

Good luck!

My picks for week 16:

Hamilton
BC
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

And to think, I almost quit after Week 2, sitting at 52, I have now climbed up to 14th :rockin:

Hamilton @ Toronto - Hamilton
Ottawa @ B.C. - B.C
Saskatchewan @ Montreal - Montreal
Winnipeg@ Edmonton - Edmonton

My picks for week 16 are:

Hamilton
BC
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Thank you

Richard

Hamilton @ Toronto: These two teams play each other, in Toronto, twice in three weeks, and those two games will likely decide who finishes first in the East. Hamilton is the hottest team in the league after knocking off four western teams in four weeks. I have no reason to believe that Toronto can do to Hamilton's defence what none of them could do. Cats by 3.

Ottawa @ B.C.: Ottawa finally got their second win, and B.C. is on a three-game losing streak. But the RedBlacks are still winless on the road, and the late start time won't help them. The Western cats should finally get another win here. Lions by 9.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal : Montreal is coming off the bye week on a 2-game winning streak, taking four of their last 5. Saskatchewan is fading fast, and seems to have come to the conclusion that their best QB right now is the one who was shut out against the Esks, scored 3 points against the Ticats, and needed overtime to beat the RedBlacks. The East will resume its domination of the West. Als by 8.

Winnipeg @ Edmonton: Winnipeg hasn't won a game since August 22. That's all I need to say. Esks by 11.

Toronto
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Hamilton @ Toronto - Argos offense is clicking like it should.
Ottawa @ B.C. - Feeling kinda shaky on this one but the Lions SHOULD take care of business.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal - Thorpe >>> Cortez.
Winnipeg @ Edmonton - Bombers losing hope, Esks will be mad about last week.

Toronto
Ottawa
Montreal
Edmonton

Hamilton @ Toronto
Ottawa @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal
Winnipeg@ Edmonton

Toronto
B.C.
Edmonton
Montreal

Go with the home teams.

Hamilton vs Argos - TORONTO
Ottawa vs BC Lions - BC
Riders vs Montreal - MONTREAL
Winnipeg vs Esks - EDMONTON

Toronto
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

:cowboy:

Toronto, B.C., Saskatchewan , Edmonton
Hats off to you Big Dave :rockin:

Well I went 2-2, but still managed to climb 3 spots to a season high 52nd. This week could be just as challenging...

Hamilton - The toughest pick of the week. Two hot teams that seem to be clicking on all cylinders. I think the Cats have the slight edge in talent.

B.C. - The Lions have been dismal of late, while Ottawa came alive last week with an offensive explosion. Tempted to pick the RubyGlooms here, but I have to go with the home side and their pretty good pass defence.

Montreal - The third hot Eastern team in the mix vs. a team spirally down into the abyss. Won't even be close.

Edmonton - The Eskimos have lost some close games of late. Luckily they're playing the Bombers this week.

Toronto
Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

HAMILTON@ Toronto
OTTAWA@ B.C.
Saskatchewan@MONTREAL
Winnipeg@EDMONTON

Toronto
B.C.
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Picked up a game on the leaders with a 3-1 week. Only seven games out of first now, and only six out of playoff contention. Scared yet?

My picks for week 16:

Hamilton @ Toronto - Effectively a home game for the Ticats. The Ticat fans may not outnumber the Argo fans, but they most certainly will out-cheer them - as long as they can make it there after work. And the Ticats have been playing better lately than the Argos - at least on defence. This is going to be a wild one. OSKEE WEE WEE!

Ottawa @ B.C. - The Redblacks' defence is surprisingly solid, and their offence finally managed to score some points. But it was only the Bombers, so.... The Lions are struggling a bit, but should be able take this one, as the Redblacks will have to stay up way past their bedtime to finish this game.

Saskatchewan @ Montreal - No Durant means no Riders. The Als have been playing OK the last few games, are playing at home, and should be rested and prepared coming off a bye week, so should be able to take this one.

Winnipeg@ Edmonton - The Bombers are probably the weakest team in the league at the moment (although the Riders are a close second, me thinks). The Eskimos, on the other hand, are one of the strongest. I don't the Eskimos losing this one.

1. :twisted: Hamilton :twisted: 2) :thup: B.C. :thup: 3) :rockin: Montreal :rockin: 4) :? Edmonton :?

For Week 16,

Hamilton
BC
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

Thanks BigDave!

Hamilton @ Toronto … TICats invade Rogers Centre & steals one on the road.
Ottawa @ B.C. … Lions bounce back & gets a desperately need W at home.
Saskatchewan @ Montreal … Alouettes win a hard hitting, nasty & chippy affair at home.
Winnipeg @ Edmonton … Eskimos bounce back & win at home.

Hamilton On The Road … BC, Montreal & Edmonton @ Home.