Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 16

We are quickly approaching the end of the regular season. Then the real fun begins. :rockin:

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 16:
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Edmonton @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Calgary

Everyone is welcome to participate. To join in, just start making picks. Pick the teams you think will win each game as a response to this thread. While discussion is encouraged, please make your picks clear at a glance. Picks must be in before the scheduled kickoff time in order to be considered for any game. You can see a complete list of the rules here.

Good Luck!

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan

I almost forgot to make my picks last week, so this week I'm posting early.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: As of this moment, the Argos are the worst team in the CFL. Winnipeg should have no problem rebounding from their loss to the Eskimos. Bombers by 8.

Edmonton @ B.C.: Tough call; this will be a good one. B.C.'s at home, which may give them the edge they'll need. Lions by 2.

Hamilton @ Montreal: It's possible that Montreal took Hamilton for granted last week. After their loss, there's no way they'll make that mistake again. They've only lost one game at home, and the Cats have only won one on the road. Als by 12.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: Burris had an off game last week, and the Riders won a close one at home, but in Calgary they'll really be in tough. Stamps by a touchdown.

And there you have it: with a Winnipeg win and a Hamilton loss, my Ticats will be MATHEMATICALLY eliminated from playoff contention. :cry: That's becoming an all-too-familiar tune in these parts.

Winnipeg
B.C.
Montreal
Calgary

All the home teams this week.

Thanks BigDave. You rock.

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Hamilton
Saskatchewan

Toronto @ Winnipeg = Winnipeg
Edmonton @ B.C. = BC
Hamilton @ Montreal = Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Calgary = Calgary

Bound to be a surprise or two again this week but,

Bombers
Lions
Als
Stamps

Thanks BD!

By the way, I was reading that attendance thread and it made me think about how attendance at the VGCC is down as reflected by the number of 0-0 picks for last week. Is there trouble with ownership of the VGCC? Bad on-field trades or decisions? Are prices too high? Competition from the VSBC (Virtual Super Bowl Challenge)? Perhaps a study with bar graphs and trends should be undertaken so that we can take appropriate measures to shore up the VGCC? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks again BD! Congrats to your Ti-Cats!

Swahgade
CFL in Ottawa in 2010
Go Sens Go!

Winnipeg
B.C.
Montreal
Saskatchewan

WINNIPEG Over Toronto. Winnipeg can secure that second spot with a win here. Toronto just seems so disorganized. WINNIPEG By 8

BC Over Edmonton. First of a back to back series. I predicting a home & home split. BC Can smell first place. BC By 5

MONTREAL Over Hamilton. Can Hamilton do it twice in a row? No. MONTREAL By 9

CALGARY Over Saskatchewan, the rivalry continues and I think a split will happen. CALGARY By 8

Big Dave, Can I make a prediction for bonus points? I predict more name calling by Stamp and Rider posters after the game accusing each other of various crimes! :wink: :wink:

.....BOMBERS over Argos
......LIONS over Eskimos
.....ALOUETTES over Ti-Cats
.....STAMPEDERS over Riders

Winnipeg
B.C.
Montreal
Calgary

All the home teams this week.

2-2 last week. Ugh.

Week 16 - like the home teams!

Winnipeg
BC
Montreal
Calgary

Toronto
Lions
Calgary
Montreal

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Edmonton
Calgary

Curse Hamilton for ruining my perfect week! Usually it is the Riders lol. Guess I'll make another attempt at 4-0:

Winnipeg
BC
Montreal
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg
BC
Montreal
Calgary

It’s beginning to sound like a broken record, but I’ll have to go with all home teams this week too, even though there is a real temptation to pick Toronto in their game with Winnipeg.

Winnipeg
BC
Calgary
Montreal

Toronto
B.C.
Montreal
Calgary

Darn. I made a comment last week in my picks about Hamilton showing up strong against Montreal, but I wasn't brave enough to pick them. Would have given me a perfect week. Oh well.

Winnipeg - should be able to take this one. I think Toronto is finally improving, but on the road, I'm not sure if they're ready to excel yet. Still, they could pull off an upset.

BC - again, I think homefield advantage tips the scale in their favour. Should be a good game.

Montreal - payback time. If Hamilton's game last week is a good indication of the future, there is (finally!) hope on the horizon. But it's too early to be sure about that, plus Montreal is a hard place to play.

Sask - next year, I swear, I'm going to pick the teams I think will win, even if it means picking against Sask. But not this year. On the other hand, Cates should hopefully be back, which could change Sask's look enough to throw the Stamps off. The key, it seems, to winning both parts of a back-to-back series, is to not have the exact same game plan two weeks in a row. Cates gives the 'Riders that change that they could need. I hope.

Thanks, BigDave