Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 15

The standings after Week 14 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 15. Montreal has the bye this week.
Winnipeg @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto
B.C. @ Hamilton

Good luck!

Winnipeg @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto
B.C. @ Hamilton

Woo-hoo! Another perfect week, and I'm slowly crawling up the standings once again. Time to blow it. :lol:

Winnipeg @ Ottawa: Now that there is some separation between my Ticats and the RedBlacks, I find myself starting to cheer for the expansion team. Unfortunately, they are playing like an expansion team, and finding new and exciting ways to lose each week. They have lost their last 9 games, and could be just the tonic needed by a Winnipeg team that has lost 6 of their last 7. Bombers by 11.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan: The question in this game isn't so much who will win, but whether or not the Riders will be able to score any points at all. In their last three games they were outscored by a total of 52-3 against Hamiton and Edmonton, and needed overtime to come back and beat the expansion RedBlacks. Sure they're without their #1 QB, but excuses don't win football games. Stamps by a hundred.

Edmonton @ Toronto: The Argos have actually done as well against Western teams as they have against Eastern teams, winning a third of their games against each. But they've lost 4 of their last 5, and the return of a couple of receivers isn't going to help them beat a 9-4 team like Edmonton. Esks by 5.

B.C. @ Hamilton: Hamilton is actually the hottest team in the league right now, winning their last 3 and 4 of their last 5. The last few weeks, they've been running the table against the Western teams. Now they're back at THF where they're unbeaten, their defence has become a major force and is only getting stronger with the "new" guys they've brought in, Collaros is playing great most games and well enough to win in others. B.C. has put together back-to-back losses, and now appears to be without Andrew Harris, the key to their offence. 'Cats by 9.

Winnipeg
Calgary
Toronto
B.C.

Thanks!

Whoo Hoo! My first perfect week of the year! Managed to climb 4 spots to a season high 55th spot. Lets see how this week plays out...

Winnipeg - Playing Ottawa this week should be an easy win for the Bombers.

Calgary - Saskatchewan has only scored 3 points against non-Ottawa teams since the Durant injury. Doubt we will see anything different here.

Edmonton - The lone toughie of the week. Eskimos' great defence against Toronto's great offence. It's a coin flip but I think the Esks prevail in a very close game.

Hamilton - Last week the Lions managed to score a measly 7 points against Calgary. How are they going to manage against a better defence? Hamilton has now won three straight against Western opponents, this won't even be close.

For Week 15,

Ottawa
Calgary
Toronto
Hamilton

Thanks bigDave!

Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton
Hamilton

Thanks BD! :smiley:

The only way I have a chance is EVERYBODY pick the opposite of me and my picks need to win....anyways.

Winnipeg @ Ottawa - Ottawa - have to win sometime.
Calgary @ Saskatchewan - Calgary.....my team needs a quarterback
Edmonton @ Toronto - TO
B.C. @ Hamilton - Hamilton - better then their record and I like their head coach.....

Bombers vs Ottawa - OTTAWA
Calgary vs Riders - CALGARY
Eskimos vs Toronto - TORONTO
Lions vs Hamilton - HAMILTON

Winnipeg @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto
B.C. @ Hamilton

My picks for week 15:

Winnipeg
Calgary
Toronto
Hamilton

Winnipeg @ Ottawa - OTTAWA
Calgary @ Saskatchewan- CALGARY
Edmonton @ Toronto- TORONTO
B.C. @ Hamilton -HAMILTON

Finally! My first perfect week. Of course, the same goes for about half the participants last week. At least I didn't lose ground with the leaders - only eight games out of first. (Not mathematically eliminated yet.)

My picks for week 15:

Winnipeg @ Ottawa - The Redblacks have a good defence, but they can't seem to score (except when their defence falls apart - go figure). But the Bombers also have a good defence, but they also have a decent offence now that Willy is back. Probably another low scoring game, with the Bombers hanging on to a small lead at the end.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan - I don't know if the Riders will win another game all year with Durant gone. And I don't think the Stamps will lose another one - until they meet the Ticats in the Grey Cup, of course.

Edmonton @ Toronto - The Eskimos are definitely one of the strongest teams in the league right now, but I just have a gut feeling that the Argos will take this one. (Going against my power ranking spreadsheet here.) I expect this one to be a back-and-forth high scoring game.

B.C. @ Hamilton - The Lions haven't been playing that well lately, while the Ticats have been one of the strongest teams the last few weeks, beating three western teams recently - soon to be four.

4 - 0 last week! Woohoohoo! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now & then! Even a broken watch is right twice a day!

Winnipeg @ Ottawa ... Would love to pick the REDBLACKS here, but the Bombers are a better team & that Etchiverry Defense will confound Henry. Winnipeg on the road here.

Calgary @ Saskatchewan ... Riders sure do need a win here. And you'd think they'll get their act together at home. Don't think so. Calgary is just too good in all areas of the game. Calgary on the road here.

Edmonton @ Toronto ... The Eskimos are a very good team & very well balanced. You'd think they'll handle the one dimensional Argos easily. They won't. Ricky will have a HUGE day. Toronto at home here.

B.C. @ Hamilton ... BC is really in need of a win but the TiCat's offense will catch fire & their defense will continue to play shut down football. Hamilton at home here.

Winnipeg & Calgary on the road. Toronto & Hamilton at home.

Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton
Hamilton

Winnipeg - Do or die for Bombers
Calgary - Can the Stamps wounded D stop the Riders, I think so
Toronto - Tough call, just a gut feeling, Edmonton will lay an egg
Hamilton - Hamilton has Mo

Winnipeg
Calgary
Toronto
Hamilton

Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton
Hamilton

Week 14 and yet another 2-2 showing for me. I’m this year’s 2-2 King. I must be. Like kissing your sister.

So, let’s give it another shot:

Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton
Hamilton

Thanks Big Dave.

Winnipeg @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Toronto
B.C. @ Hamilton