Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 15

Last week looked easy, with 36 people picking all four games correctly! Let's see if we can keep up this trend.

The standings are posted here. If the old standings show up, click your browser's REFRESH button, and you should see the current ones.

Here are the games for Week 15:
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Calgary @ B.C.
Toronto @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though the later in the season you join, the harder it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Calgary if Burris plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Another perfect week, and I move up a lousy six spots. Gotta start making correct picks on the tough games.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: Hamilton is trying to move into a tie for first, at least temporarily (see Toronto @ Montreal) and has looked pretty good in their last two games. Winnipeg is banged up, and is not the same team that beat the Ticats by three points a month ago. Hamilton is also the best home team in the CFL, and I see that trend continuing. Cats by 9.

Calgary @ B.C.: This has got to be considered the game of the week. Calgary is pumped after annihilating the Roughriders, but is just two weeks removed from being embarrassed by Hamilton. B.C. is white hot, their offence has gotten on track, and their defence is downright scary. Not to mention that they have the best kicker in the league. All winning streaks eventually come to an end, and when it does it will be to a team like Calgary, but at this point picking against B.C. seems foolish. Lions by 5.

Toronto @ Montreal: Montreal...at home...against the Argos? No commentary needed. Montreal takes sole possession of first place. Als by 20.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: Edmonton is tough to read. One week they look like world-beaters, and the next they look like they've been beaten by the world. (Sounds like another team that's dear to all our hearts, doesn't it?) Going in their favour this week is their home field, and their opponents. The Riders are coming off a 37-point defeat at the hands of the Stamps. That ties the largest margin of victory this season. The last time it happened? One week earlier, when the B.C. Lions trounced these same Riders by the same amount. Maybe Greg Marshall wasn't the problem. Esks by 11.

Home team sweep!

Finally a perfect week in both pools, lets see if I can do it two weeks in a row. Who strikes my fancy this week?

Hamilton

B.C.

Montreal

Edmonton

...Wpg. over Ham.
....B.C. ...over...Cal.
.....Mont....over T.O.
......Edm....over Sask.

I'm going all homer too, for it is truly the superior and home team's game to lose next week:

HAM
BC
MTL
EDM

There is no double-header on Friday night to delay the start at 10PM EDT sharp on Saturday this time too. The second game on Friday night started after 10:45PM EDT!

I doubt I was on the only one who was asleep by the third quarter, and it probably did not finish until 2AM on the East Coast! Only games played by Hawai'i at home finish that late so what is the league office thinking? *#&@^$

Well I guess I had it coming to spoil my perfect week again by picking Toronto on a gut feeling for the second time. :thdn:

All those who have picked at 60% or above amaze me, for we have not from what I can remember, compared to last season, had too many overtime games or those otherwise decided by points in the final seconds. Maybe some were lucky, but I think most of these players are just plain good.

Five players are showing at the top and then there is quite a shootout that has started for the last three spots for the playoffs.

Hamilton
B.C.
Montreal
Edmonton

My pick for week 15:

Winnipeg
Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Hamilton
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Calgary @ B.C.
Toronto @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Ham
Cal
Mon
Sask

Winnipeg
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Calgary
Winnipeg
Montreal
Edmonton

Week #15;

Winnipeg at Hamilton - WINNIPEG
Calgary at B.C. Lions - CALGARY
Toronto at Montreal - MONTREAL
Riders at Edmonton - EDMONTON

Hamilton
Calgary
Montreal
Edmonton

Winnipeg
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Winnipeg and Hamilton I flipped a coin. BC and Calgary is game of the week and BC will win rather easily. Montreal will win a boring game against the Argos. Edmonton 40 Sask 0.

My picks for week 15:

Hamilton over Winnipeg.
B.C. over Calgary.
Montreal over Toronto.
Edmonton over Saskatchewan.

Richard

Hamilton
Calgary
Montreal
Edmonton

...all home victories:

Hamilton
BC
Montreal
Edmonton

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: Cats due for another off game; just let's avoid 1st and goal on the 1, they stopped the Als on that.
Calgary @ B.C.: game of the week, home field advantage decides it.
Toronto @ Montreal: possible yawn of the week; home field plus any field with the Argos on it = advantage Montreal.
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: Miller time was just a happy hour.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Calgary @ B.C
Toronto @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

thanks big dave you rock :cowboy:

home team sweep