Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 14

The standings are posted here. If the old standings show up, click your browser's REFRESH button, and you should see the current ones.

Here are the games for Week 14:
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Edmonton @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
Hamilton @ Toronto

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though the later in the season you join, the harder it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Calgary if Burris plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Here goes:

Montreal @ Winnipeg: A lot of questions in this game at this point. Will Anthony Calvillo play? Will Buck Pierce play? Will Fred Reid play? Montreal backup Adrian McPherson is the best #2 QB in the league. Based on that, and the fact that Brandon Whitaker is uninjured, I'm going with Montreal. Als by 8.

Edmonton @ B.C.: Edmonton showed that beating Hamilton a couple of weeks ago did not mean that their downward slide had ended. And against the hottest team in the league, in the new B.C. Place stadium, well...Lions by 20.

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: Still not impressed with the Riders this year. Calgary may get a rare home win. Stamps by 6.

Hamilton @ Toronto: Hamilton doesn't play their best games on the road, but this is more of a home game than last week's game in Moncton. Losing to the Argos would be unacceptable on every level. Argos have a good defence, and because of that I'll call it close. Cats by 4.

My picks for week 14 are:

Montreal over Winnipeg.
B.C. over Edmonton.
Calgary over Saskatchewan.
Hamilton over Toronto.

Richard

Week 14;

Montreal at Winnipeg - MONTREAL
Edmonton at Lions - EDMONTON
Roughriders at Calgary - CALGARY
Hamilton at Toronto - HAMILTON

Thanks Big Dave

Can only get better this week! Thanks BD!

My picks for week 14:

Montreal
BC
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Okay, okay, I give up. After another 1-3 week, this year has been too upredictable. I'm just going to pick whoever strikes my fancy and not think about it...

Montreal

B.C.

Calgary

Hamilton

Hi Dave,

I'm still getting Week 12 results even after refreshing. I know I only went 1-3 and MKP probably passed me :frowning: , but I want to see it with my own eyes!

Gotta say I'm impressed with your promptness and the amount of work this must all take. :rockin:

Montreal @ Winnipeg; we're hurting, they'll want revenge.
Edmonton @ B.C.; hottest team in the league, at home.
Saskatchewan @ Calgary; the Miller streak is over.
Hamilton @ Toronto; Ticats back on track?

Montreal
BC
Calgary
Toronto

0-4 last week? :x :roll:

I can't believe some guys went 4 and 0.

I conceded a long time ago so:

Montreal
Edmonton
Riders
Toronto

He knows whats happenin. Above results please.

Montreal
BC
Calgary
Hamilton

… first one may change pending the health of Pierce/Brink/Reid/Volny

Winnipeg - Better then people give them credit for
B.C. - The team I picked to represent the West in the grey cup
Saskatchewan - Only because I don't care for Burris and Nicky Lewis.
Hamilton - The other team I picked to be in the Grey cup

Montreal
BC
Calgary
Hamilton

Thanks!

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Hamilton

Montreal
BC
Calgary
Hamilton

Winnipeg
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Toronto

After my 0 and 4 week I've decided to pick all the opposite of which i would normally pick.

Montreal @ Winnipeg
Edmonton @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Calgary
Hamilton @ Toronto

7-1 over two weeks, followed by 2-6. I knew that good stretch was only temporary.

Montreal - might update this later in the week. Not sure.

BC - boy, their defense is strong right now.

Sask - I think Calgary and Sask might end up duking it out for last in the west. I’ll pick Sask because I want them to win, and considering Calgary’s home record, they’ve got a reasonable shot at it.

Toronto - I think with Jyles they have more confidence, and they have a strong defense. Very curious to see how things play out over the last few weeks of the season.

Thanks BigDave.