Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 14

Two-thirds of the way through the season, and now the playoff race begins. The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 14:
Montreal @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in any time, but the later you join, the more difficult it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it’s after the scheduled kickoff time, it’s late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you’re free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don’t want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you’re picking. More accurately, I won’t.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no “Winnipeg if Pierce plays, Edmonton if he doesn’t.” If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Montreal @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton

To win

Saskatchewan
Hamilton

I abstain this week from the other two games as they are too tough to pick.

Montreal @ Calgary - Montreal.Two mediocre weeks won't sit right with AC and crew, they unload on the Stamps in this one.
Saskatchewan @ Toronto - Saskatchewan in a close one.Durant throw's 2 INT's but run's one in along with a beast game from Cates.Still no return game for the Riders.
Winnipeg @ B.C. - Winnipeg.It hurt to come that close against the beast's of the east and lose.They want the playoffs and they have something to prove.
Hamilton @ Edmonton - Hamilton.Hamilton should've dominated the Rider's with the start they had but turnovers always prove costly.Glenn throws 2 TD's and an INT and Cobb get's another 100+ yards with 2 TD's and no fumbles.

Might as well just pick lol, even if you get 1/2 right that’s better than conceding 0-2 automatically.Food for thought :cowboy:

Ah but alternatively just for this week 2-0 would be better than say 2-2. :slight_smile: An abstention in the stats does not equal a loss.

Montreal: Hard to pick, but if we see Bad Hank again like we did against B.C., the Stamps will be riding a 3-game losing streak.
Saskatchewan: This game should be easier for the Riders than last week, since the Argos have no offence.
B.C.: Hard to say which team is worse, but I think the Lions are just a bit ahead of the Bombers.
Hamilton: I doubt Hamilton will throw 5 interceptions like Toronto did.

True, and it is up to you: your strategy may pay off. But you're assuming you would get the other two games wrong. Even if you only get one of the other ones right, 3-1 is better than 2-0.

If you're that sure your instincts are wrong, you should be like George Costanza and do the opposite. :smiley:

Week #14:

Montreal at Calgary - CALGARY
Sask. at Toronto - SASKATCHEWAN
Winnipeg at B.C. - B.C. LIONS
Hamilton at Edmonton - EDMONTON

Montreal @ Calgary
Saskatchewan @ Toronto
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Edmonton

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Hamilton

Montreal @ Calgary: I can’t see Calgary losing three in a row, and I can’t see them losing back-to-back games at McMahon Stadium, especially not if Nik Lewis is healthy.

Saskatchewan @ Toronto: If Cory Boyd returns, this game will be interesting, but Sask will light up Toronto’s D regardless, and the Argos don’t have the firepower to keep pace.

Winnipeg @ B.C.: If BC can control the turnovers, they should be able to grind out a home win.

Hamilton @ Edmonton: A bounce-back game for Greg Marshall’s defense.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Hamilton

AHEM

Ah, Big Dave, you missed my picks from last week....

http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60695&start=0

Now, I know I went 1-3, but I still want credit....

Now for this week (and to make sure you don't miss them....)

Calgary

Saskatchewan

Winnipeg

Hamilton

thank you....

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Hamilton

Montreal
Saskatchewan
BC
Edmonton

Montreal @ Calgary - Calvillo's back and a rebound for Calgary is unlikely against arguably the league's top team.
Saskatchewan @ Toronto - The Riders have a chance to tie the Stamps for the division lead and are facing a very shaky Toronto team.
Winnipeg @ BC - BC hasn't been the greatest at home, but Winnipeg has been even worse on the road. This will depend on turnovers but I think the Lions will get that under control.
Hamilton @ Edmonton - The Ticats are looking to snatch that first round home playoff game. The Eskimos are going to be fired up with playoff possibilities coming back to Commonwealth, but Hamilton has been a safer pick this season.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
BC
Hamilton

To win:

Calgary
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
Hamilton.

Thanks Big Dave

Montreal
Saskatchewan