Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 14

Going into the final third of the regular season: six weeks to go. A handful of games left to determine who makes the playoffs, in both the CFL and the VGCC.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 14:
Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Montreal @ Toronto
Hamilton @ Calgary

You can join in at any time. Pick the teams you think will win in a reply to this thread. You can elaborate if you want, but please make it easy for me to see at a glance which teams you are picking to win.
Picks MUST be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff in order to be considered for a game.
To change your pick prior to a game's scheduled kickoff, POST ANOTHER REPLY to the same thread. Please don't EDIT your picks once you have made them.
You can view a more complete list of all the rules here.

Good luck!

3-1, not bad. Still up there with the pack.

Edmonton @ Winnipeg: Edmonton must be stinging after dropping a close one in front of 62,000 fans at Commonwealth. They'll be looking to prove themselves, and to get back into the hunt for first in the West. The Bombers showed they are good enough to beat Toronto, but still bad enough to nearly blow it. To make the playoffs, they need to win one more than B.C.; unfortunately, they don't play Toronto any more. Home field advantage may help them keep it close, but the better team will win here. Esks by 6.

Saskatchewan @ B.C.: The Riders are so unpredictable. Despite the talk of how hard it is to win in Regina, they have a better record on the road than at home. B.C. needs to put together some wins to avoid being the crossover team: let's face it, no one wants to have to face Montreal in the playoffs, and B.C. also lost both games to Hamilton this year. The big question is at quarterback, where Jarious Jackson is still out, and Buck Pierce is one big hit away from a career in basket-weaving. That leaves just rookie Matt Lulay, and [shudder] Casey Printers [/shudder]. But if Pierce can stay on his feet, and Martell Mallett gets going, the home team prevails. Lions by 4.

Montreal @ Toronto: Montreal put together what was probably their best, most complete game of the season against Hamilton. There's no reason to believe they won't be able to do more of the same down the QEW. In fact, looking at the remainder of the schedule, there's no reason not to believe that they will become only the second team in CFL history to win 16 games in a season. On the flip side, the Argos have taken the crown that once belonged to my Tiger-cats -- that of the worst team in the CFL -- and they wear it well. Seems hardly worth making a pick here. Als by a zillion.

Hamilton @ Calgary: Two weeks ago, Bad Hank showed up in Hamilton, just as I predicted he would, and the result was a Hamilton win. At McMahon Stadium, the Cats would really need Bad Hank; but he's not due for a couple more weeks yet. (I'm hoping he surprises me and makes an early appearance, but I'm not willing to risk my high ranking in the VGCC on it.) Last week, Hamilton was outplayed offensively, defensively, and on special teams by the Alouettes. Hopefully that was the wake-up call they needed. Still, the Cats need to learn to win on the road, something they haven't done much this season. Stamps by 11.

I need a perfect week to get back to .500, so here goes:

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Montreal
Hamilton-upset of the week

Sambo having a perfect week.............LOL................. not in this lifetime!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winners only.

Edmonton
BC
Montreal
Calgary.................by 35pts. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you Dave.

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Montreal
Calgary

After my late start moving up in the standings is proving very difficult. I need a perfect week!

Edmonton
B.C.
Montreal
Calgary

Edmonton over Winnipeg
Saskatchewan over B.C.
Montreal over Toronto
Hamilton over Calgary

Edmonton
B.C.
Montreal
Calgary

Edmonton @ Winnipeg.......Edmonton
Saskatchewan @ B.C......Saskatchewan
Montreal @ Toronto....... Montreal
Hamilton @ Calgary........ Hamilton

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Montreal
Hamilton
Road teams win every game :rockin:

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Montreal
Calgary

Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Montreal @ Toronto
Hamilton @ Calgary

Sitting in 12th, it's going to be tricky to make it back to the playoffs this year. Edmonton and Montreal should be easy picks, although Winnipeg has a not too shabby defense that could give the Eskies trouble. The other 2 games are the tricky one's, big opportunity for the Riders to put some separation between themselves and the Leos as well as win the season series, but BC didn't play too poorly last week on the road.

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Montreal
Calgary

Edmonton @ Winnipeg ......... Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ B.C.............Riders
Montreal @ Toronto..............Montreal
Hamilton @ Calgary..............Calgary

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary