Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 13

The Week 12 standings are posted here.

Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants’ peformance in the most recent week.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now for Week 13. B.C. has the bye this week.
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Calgary
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

Good luck!

Montreal @ Hamilton: Hamilton is the better team. Cats by 11.

Toronto @ Winnipeg: Winnipeg is the better team. Bombers by 9.

Ottawa @ Calgary: Ottawa has looked very ordinary recently. Calgary continues to roll.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan: The Esks continue to find ways to lose, but the Riders are hopeless. Esks by 5.

Ticats take first place in the East, with a little help from their friends.

Thanks BD!

Perce90's picks;

Tiger-Cats
Blue Bombers
Stampeders
Eskimos

SuperBro38's picks;

Tiger-Cats
Blue Bombers
Stampeders
Eskimos

Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Calgary
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton

Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Calgary
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Toronto
Calgary
Edmonton

HAM
WPG
CGY
EDM

THX

Hamilton
Toronto
Calgary
Edmonton

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton

Als
Argos
Redblacks
Eskimos

Thanks Big Dave...good luck to all. :slight_smile:

Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Calgary
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

My Ticats let me down this week, preventing what should have been (grrrr) a perfect week. But at least I didn't fall back from the leaders, still only three games back, and picked up a few spots.

My picks for week 13:

Montreal @ Hamilton - The Als are probably better than their record, and with Cato taking over, they might be even better. The Ticats? Which team is going to show up? Or should that be, will the team show up, and when? They have the potential to blow most teams away, but they need to stop giving up points early. The home crowd should give them the boost they need. Hope so.

Toronto @ Winnipeg - The Argos played well with LeFevour, but the Bombers' secondary isn't quite as decimated as the Ticats' is right now. And Nichols has been playing well for the Bombers. It should be an exciting game.

Ottawa @ Calgary - The Stamps seem unstoppable this year, with all three aspects of their game performing well. The Redblacks have been struggling lately, so I don't see them winning this one.

Edmonton @ Saskatchewan - The Riders have been close in a lot of games this year, and I suspect this will be another one. But I think Reilly will just outperform Durant in this game. Or is it more that the rest of the Eskimos will outperform the rest of the Riders?

Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Calgary
Edmonton @ Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Calgary
Edmonton

Well, my winning streak ends at 11 games, I still managed a 3-1 week, and I'm still number 1 for the second consecutive week, with a 1 win cushion over places 2-13. Time to start a new streak.

Hamilton - It's was a total debacle last week, fortunately the Cats usually bounce back after such outings in a big way. It's a short week, but I'm still expecting a Cat victory. Pick'em confidence level: 100%

Toronto - I was leaning Argos before Lefevour's performance on Sunday, mostly due to the Bombers tendency to be unable to finish drives. Argos are also a strong road team while Bombers have been weak at home. Pick'em confidence level: 0%

Calgary - This could be a close one, especially if Harris gets back to his early season form. However, Calgary is nearly invincible at home. Pick'em confidence level: 100%

Edmonton - Yeah, they're still playing the Riders. Pick'em confidence level: 100%

Dan LeFevore ruined my perfect week! Who would have thought that I would say that at the beginning of the year? Didn't make any gains or lose any ground though, so all in all not bad ...

This week's picks;

Montreal vs Hamilton - Hamilton - I just can't see Zack laying another egg in this one. I actually think the cats are gonna come in hungry and devour the dirty birds. I also see the trading of Glenn away as an acceptance that this season is over and time to train/prepare for next year. Hamilton by 10.

Toronto vs Winnipeg - Winnipeg - Dan caught the cats with their pants down last week, but Winnipeg will be prepared for him. Winnipeg may also have one of the best DB groups in the league (who would have thought I would be saying that at the start of the year) ... I have to go with Winnipeg by 10.

Ottawa vs Calgary - Calgary - This is the "Tough Call" game of the week. As with the past few weeks, I have actually left the winner section empty as I sort my thoughts. I am the first to point out that Calgary has an 82 - 83% winning percentage in McMahon since 2008 and that BLM has a career 83% winning percentage (close too), BUT they are coming off two tough games AND Ottawa had two weeks to rest and prepare for them. Harris will play better this week and my decision is probably going to cost me another perfect week, but I just can't go against the Stamps at home. If this was an away game, I go Ottawa this week, but based on the fact it's in McMahon only. Stamps by 3.

Edmonton vs Saskatchewan - Edmonton - What a surprise, but Kahliff Mitchell wasn't the answer for the Riders. Color me shocked. Edmonton is gonna be p1$$ed that they lost last week and the Riders are the perfect team to take our your frustrations on. Edmonton by 14.

Good Luck to all Competitors and Thank you Big Dave for running this for us all!

:cowboy: