Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 13

The standings are posted here.

Here are the rules, in a nutshell:
Each week I will start a thread, like this one, listing the games being played that week.
To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, but the later you join the harder it will be to catch up.
To make your picks, reply to the thread, stating which teams you think will win. You can elaborate or pontificate all you want, but the predicted winners must be obvious at a glance.
In order to be accepted, your post must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff. No exceptions for any reason.
If you want to change your pick prior to game time, post another reply. DO NOT change your original post.
At the end of the week, the standings will be posted. Rankings are based on the number of correct picks, followed by the aggregate spread (point spread of games picked correctly minus point spread of games picked incorrectly), followed by the percentage of correct picks.
At the end of the season, the top 8 participants will qualify to make picks for the post-season.

These are the games for Week 13:
Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Calgary
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

Good luck!

Jumped way up to #31…though I’m still a long way from qualifying for the playoffs. Need a big 4-0 here.

Edmonton @ Winnipeg: Basement Bowl II. Edmonton is the better team, and home field advantage has meant nothing to these Bombers. Still, it is Edmonton. Esks by 1.

Montreal @ Hamilton: In the past few weeks Hamilton has shown they can play with the big boys. Now they get a chance to put another notch in the Win column before getting back to the challenging games. Cats by 11.

Toronto @ Calgary: Calgary is better, and at home where they have yet to lose. Stamps by 9.

B.C. @ Saskatchewan: The Riders are killing me with losses to eastern teams these last two weeks. Now they’re playing a western team, and as I write this, Sheets is questionable. Lions by 2.

Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Thanks Dave!

1. :wink: Winnipeg :wink: 2) :P Haamilton :P 3) :cowboy: Calgary :cowboy: 4) :( Saskatchewan :(

For Week 13;
Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Thanks BigDave!

Eskies vs Blue Bombers - WINNIPEG
Montreal vs Tiger Cats - HAMILTON
Toronto vs Calgary - CALGARY
Lions vs Riders - SASKATCHEWAN

Edmonton @ Winnipeg
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Calgary
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

Thanks Dave. :slight_smile:

You'd think I'd learn .. once again, I showed the Riders some love and they spit in my face (Guess this must be what it's like to be a "Rider fan" :wink: ) ...

Oh well ... this week's picks;

Edmonton vs WInnipeg: Edmonton - Even though I think Winnipeg will play like they have something to prove (Stating the obvious I know :lol: ), I still think Edmonton is the better team. This game should be closer than last week's game, but I still give it to Edmonton.

Montreal vs Hamilton: Hamilton - Hamilton has got to be P1$$ed that they gave away their last game in the last quarter. I feel they are going to come out with a "chip on their shoulder" against their division rivals. Also, Hamilton is, quite frankly, the better team this year.

Toronto vs Calgary: Calgary - This is probably the hardest call for me this week - Owens should be back and I would also think that Glenn will be better as well. Toronto is a strong team, but I think Calgary should win this one in a squeeker.

BC vs Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan - What can I say, when I went against the Riders they went on a winning streak, since I started voting for them and they have gone on a losing streak, SO, being the superstitious guy I am ... Riders win this one too :twisted: - Seriously, if Travis Lulay is out, it really doesn't matter how much the Riders Suck, they should win this game.

Crazy Predictions of the week; 1) Someone at McMahon Stadium will pee their pants while waiting in the washroom line and this will spur the entire city to start an active "build a new stadium for the Stamps" campaign! :roll:

1. Someone will start a thread immediately after the Calgary vs Toronto game asking "how come the attendance is so bad at McMahon Stadium" Even though there will be 27 - 30k fans there! :roll:

2. A Rider fan will start a thread immediately following their game complaining about the refs (normal after a Riders loss). This will compliment the three other "OMG the CFL refs suck!" threads that will be started (probably by fans of the other losing teams this week). :roll:

:cowboy:

WpG
HaM
CaL
SaSk

....Wpg....okay this a heart pic

..........Hamilton....they're simply playing better with a seasoned qb.

..........Stamps.....close one but I'll give the edge to the hometown

.............Sask.....could be a battle of the backups....edge to the riders

Edmonton @ Winnipeg - Give one more for the Bombers....their last win of the year...
Montreal @ Hamilton - Hamilton needs this. They are not that bad if Burris plays all 60 minutes
Toronto @ Calgary - If TO brings their stingy defense from last game, Stamps will lose. - TO to win
B.C. @ Saskatchewan - WTF - Wins one please.....Riders to win.

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

EDM over B.B.'s
HAM over MTL
CALG over TOR
B.C. over SASK

Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary
Saskatchewan