Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 12

Here are the matchups for week 12, Labour Day Weekend:
B.C. @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Calgary
Toronto @ Hamilton

The standings are available to view at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm

To make your picks, reply to this thread (please don't quote this post) with your picks for the winners.

Participants will be ranked based primarily on the number of correct picks. Point spreads are not considered. If you elaborate on your picks, please make your pick clear at a glance. If I have to read paragraphs of prose to figure out who you think will win, I won't bother.

The deadline to make a pick for any game is the scheduled kickoff time of that game. No exceptions. A pick for a 7:00 game will be considered late if it is posted at 7:01.

If you want to change one of your picks, please post a new reply. DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. If a post has been edited, only those games played after the latest edit will count.

Good luck!

Montreal to win- due Saskatchewan- no doubt
Edmonton- upset
Toronto- duh!!!!!!

B.C. @ Montreal: B.C. is the better team, but Montreal's losing streak has to end soon, and it'll probably end at home. Als by a couple.

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan: With the uncertainty surrounding the Bombers' injury situation, and with the coaching staff proving their ineptness last week, this should be an easy pick. Unless the 'Riders become over-confident after blowing out the league's most pathetic team. Sask by 11.

Edmonton @ Calgary: The Stampeders have proven themselves to be one of the league's elite teams. Edmonton is still plugging along, but is in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time in decades. With the game being in Calgary, I have to pick the Stamps.

Toronto @ Hamilton: Labour Day mystique or not, the Cats just aren't in the same league with these Argos...or with anyone else, for that matter. Home field advantage doesn't even mean anything, since the Cats have scored a grand total of 10 points in their last 3 games at Ivor Wynne. Argos in a blowout.

The only compensation is that, barring an injury or an early pull (they'll probably have a big lead and may want him to do it at home), I will likely be in the stands when Damon Allen becomes professional football's all-time leading passer. If it happens on Monday, regardless of the situation when they make the announcement, I will stand and give him an appropriate ovation.

B.C. @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Calgary
Toronto @ Hamilton

Man... I can't believe Kanga - who could never get over .500 last year - is 4th overall this season. Congrats.

Montreal
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Toronto

*Montréal
*Saskatchewan
*Calgary
*Hamilton :wink:

thanks BigDave

OK…here goes…all winners (I hope)

Statistically B.C. & Montreal are almost the same except that the Lions have the top rated Reciever in the league and Dickenson is the highest rated QB (right now) in the league at 106.2. As much as I hate to go against my Al’s, their streak seemed to be in the first half of the season while the Lions seem to be firing on all cylinders right now.

B.C. in a close one.
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Toronto

Many thanks BD :thup:

B.C.
Winnipeg
Calgary
Toronto

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Toronto

B.C. @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Edmonton @ Calgary
Toronto @ Hamilton

Thanks! Go Blue!

My picks are:
Montreal- losing streak ends this week
Saskatchewan- most times they play well on Labour Day
Edmonton- Calgary has knack for losing on Labour Day
Toronto- Turn out the lights Hamilton, the party is over

my picks for week 12

BC
[i]Riders[/i]
Calgary
Toronto

Thanks BigDave, I wish I had something to say to you that would ease the pain of your Tiger Cats and their inept play, they just need a win to feel good about themselves. Here are my picks for Week 12:

1. BC Lions @ Montreal- Even though both teams are 7-3, I still think Montreal is the better team, and they have to break the losing streak sometime. This week at home it will happen. I'm taking Montreal by 6 points.

2. Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan- Winnipeg is going in the negative direction and Saskatchewan is going in the positive direction. I expect that to continue this week too. I'm taking Saskatchewan by 7 points.

3. Edmonton @ Calgary- Edmonton is last in the west because they can't win on the road. Calgary is the hottest team in the CFL right now, and they don't need any motivation to beat the Eskimos. I'm taking Calgary by 10 points.

4. Toronto @ Hamilton- Even though I still don't think Toronto is that good, their defense is still strong, and more than enough for Hamilton to try and handle. I'm taking Toronto by 14 points.

Thanks again BigDave, I wouldn't mind being wrong in the Toronto-Hamilton game, because the Ti-Cats have been painful to watch.

B.C. @ Montreal
They learned their lesson and will win in the last play of the game

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Home team is going to take it!

Edmonton @ Calgary
Well DM is still coach Calgary should win this no problem.

Toronto @ Hamilton
What can you say Bob Young will be the QB for this one! another bad beating!

BC continues their stong play after the bye week

Winnipeg proves they are for real in the labour day showdown

Calgary continues their winning streak

Toronto but i am tempted to say hamilton with the avery injury but they are just that bad so toronto

Good picks Legend. The bomber and rider games will be home team wins I think but good picks.

Can't try for the prairie sweep this week.... so....

BC
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Toronto

I know. I'm just at .500 this year after making the playoffs last year.

MONTREAL Over BC. The losing streak has to end, and now is as good as a time as any. MONTREAL by 2

SASKATCHEWAN Over Winnipeg Even if Kevin Glen is back, he'll have a bit of rust. If the Rider defense can shut down Roberts they should pull out this one. SASKATCHEWAN by 5

CALGARY Over Edmonton. Calgary is getting it together. They are looking pretty impressive. Disco Danny will come up short. CALGARY by 4

TORONTO Over Hamilton. Will the bleeding stop? Damon should set his new record against the Hapless Ti-Cats. Unless they hire Big Dave as the new head coach it wont even be close. TORONTO by 16