Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 12

The standings are posted here. If the old standings show up, click your browser's REFRESH button, and you should see the current ones.

Here are the games for Week 12:
Edmonton @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Saskatchewan
B.C. @ Calgary
Winnipeg @ Montreal

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in at any time, though the later in the season you join, the harder it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Calgary if Burris plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Edmonton @ Hamilton: Hamilton got spanked last week and will be looking for redemption at home, where they rarely lose. Cats by 6.

Toronto @ Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan looked pretty good in back-to-back wins over the Bombers; the Argos are, well, they're the Argos. Riders by 9.

B.C. @ Calgary: The Lions have put together a couple of wins, but they were against the Argos, the worst team in the league. This could be a good game, but Calgary should win. Stamps by 4.

Winnipeg @ Montreal: The Bombers looked less-than-ordinary in being embarrassed twice by the Riders. Montreal looks like they've found their "swagger". Als by 15.

Edmonton @ Hamilton: Hard to pick against the Cats at home.

Toronto @ Saskatchewan: This Rider team bears no resemblance to the team that bumbled out the gate under Greg Marshall.

B.C. @ Calgary: The Stamps haven't been great at home this season, and BC's defense is playing lights out. I'm betting on Frank, not Hank, showing up.

Winnipeg @ Montreal: This game is a toughie to predict, since it's the first meeting of the season between these two teams, but Pierce is banged up, the D has lost a bit of its swagger, and the Als don't lose very often at home.

Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Montreal

Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Montreal

Home sweep

Hamilton
Sask
Calgary
Montreal

Hamilton - close one, home field advantage wins it
Saskatchewan - the Riders are finally awake.
Calgary - we are getting there but still have work to do
Montreal - injuries are taking their toll on the Bombers

My picks for week 12 are:

Hamilton over Edmonton.
Saskatchewan over Toronto.
B.C. over Calgary.
Montreal over Winnipeg.

Thank you.

Richard

Week 12:

Edmonton at Hamilton - EDMONTON
Toronto at Sask. - SASKATCEWAN
B.C. Lions at Calgary - CALGARY
Winnipeg at Montreal - MONTREAL

Thanks Big Dave

Hamilton
Saskatchewan
BC
Montreal

Edmonton has been punching over their weight for a while now. I like Hickman to have a big game, and Hamilton's aggressive defense. Saskatchewan is on a roll, I think they can beat Toronto at home. Lions front 7 is insanely underrated. They will get after Hank. Als/Bombers is a pick'em in the game of the week. When in doubt, take the home team.

1. :P Edmonton :P 2) :wink: Saskatchewan :wink: 3) :thup: B.C. :thup: 4) :rockin: Montreal :rockin:

Edmonton @ Hamilton: don't know what to make of either of these teams just now, so go with home field.
Toronto @ Saskatchewan: were the Riders just pouting to get Miller back?
B.C. @ Calgary: Stamps still inconsistent, Lions rolling
Winnipeg @ Montreal: injuries are hurting us, and I think the Als are getting serious now.

Edmonton @ Hamilton Hamilton. Tough to bet against them at home, and the Esks are still shorthanded at receiver.

Toronto @ Saskatchewan Sask. Riders on a roll. Argos sucking. This one shouldn't be close.

B.C. @ Calgary Calgary. BC is overconfident after two wins, forgetting that they were against the hapless Argos. Calgary wants to win the division, and should be fired up.

Winnipeg @ Montreal Montreal. The Bombers are reeling a bit, and the Als are on an upswing.

Thanks, Big Dave!

Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Montreal

thanks big dave you rock :rockin:

home team stand

Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Calgary
Montreal

Edmonton