Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 12

Posting this a little early, what with the short week and all.

Here are the matchups for Week 12:
B.C. @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

To make your picks, just reply to this thread with your picks for the winners.

To change your picks, post a new reply. Please don't just edit your old post.

Standings are available to view at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm

Good luck.

B.C. @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

B.C. beats Ottawa. I picked Ottawa and they lost and now I'm not picking them again for Week 12.

Edmonton beats Calgary. Edmonton does it again in a thriller at home!

Toronto beats Hamilton. Damn you Hamilton...damn you. Toronto takes it at home. Good job Tabbies though. I'm just upset that I didn't pick them to win on Week 11.

Winnipeg beats Saskatchewan. WE'RE AT HOME! 4 game winning streak coming up, babyy! Ain't no stopping us at home!

my pick this week

B.C.
Edmonton
Hamilton
Winnipeg

thank BigDave

BC over Ottawa (this will be a very close game, but BC will put out the win once again, Ottawa will be wishing they had a R logo with the Maple Leaf)
Edmonton over Calgary (This is revenge for Calgary’s horrible thrid jerseys, revenge is sweet!)
Toronto over Hamilton (same as above, Hamilton’s new logos SUCK, they must be beaten by a amazing looking Argos in Rogers center, ahh sweet revenge!)
Winnipeg over Saskatchwan (ULTIMATE SWEET RENVAGE!!!, Winnipeg will win the second and thrid Banjo Bowls after that game last week! :twisted:)

B.C. @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

BC
EDM
TOR
SK

I actually am still alive. Here are my picks:

B.C. :smiley:
Edmonton :wink:
Toronto 8)
Saskatchewan :twisted:

B.C.--- :smiley: ...all the way!
Edmonton--- :smiley: ...hehe
Toronto--- :stuck_out_tongue: ...i feel dirty
Saskatchewan --- -_-...nothin to say

How is the view down there Eskylo?....hehe comn! keep up with me! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Another tough week
BC
Edmonton
Hamilton
Sask

BC
Edmonton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

BC
Edmonton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Thanks, BigDave!

BC
Calgary
Toronto
Winnipeg

B.C. @ Ottawa
Calgary @ Edmonton
Hamilton @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

winners in bold

BC
EDMONTON
TORONTO
WINNIPEG

Im doing terrible this year, no commentary anymore cause no one should care what i have to say!
Thanks again Big Dave!

You see? I told you. I told everyone about the "Labour Day mystique", and how the Cats rarely lose to the Argos on the first Monday in September. But you didn't listen, did you? Oh, no, you knew better, didn't you? I even put my money where my mouth was (figuratively, of course: I have no REAL money) and picked my Cats in the VGCC. I'm not usually the type who'll say "I told you so"...but I have no problem typing it into a message board. :wink:

Anyway, on to this week.
B.C. @ Ottawa: Not much to say here. It's hard to pick the Lions to do something they haven't done all year. Ottawa is 3-1 at home, but that's nothing compared to the Lions' 4-0 record on the road. B.C. by 15.

Calgary @ Edmonton: I missed almost all of game one, since I had to make my way to Ivor Wynne. It must have been pretty good, though, with Edmonton coming out just 2 points ahead. But it's hard to win both of these back-to-back games, and just as I picked Edmonton before because they usually seem to win on Labour Day, likewise I'm picking Calgary now because they usually seem to win the rematch. Stamps by a couple.

Hamilton @ Toronto: A rematch one week after Labour Day; something we in Southern Ontario have gotten out of the habit of. Last week the Cats had the "Labour Day mystique," and added to their total domination of the traditional matchup. Next week, at the 'Dump, the Cats won't have that. They will have McManus, Flick, Morreale, Cheatwood, Cotton, and Davis, but that was only good enough for a 3-point win on Labour Day. Won't be good enough for better than a 5-point loss in T.O. now that the Argos will be taking them more seriously. Of course, I'll be hoping I'm wrong on this pick.

Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg: Riders won game 1. Bombers should win game 2. Home field advantage, the back-to-back game jinx, and the fact that Winnipeg is a better team than their record indicates. Bombers by 7.

Summary: B.C. over Ottawa, Calgary over Edmonton, Toronto over Hamilton, Winnipeg over Saskatchewan.

BC
Edmonton
Toronto
Winnipeg

Big Dave, The Eskimos usually KILL the Stampeders in the rematch at Commonwealth. Lol

[u]BC Lions @ Ottawa Renegades:[/u] Hmmm.. there's two scenarios on this. If Dave Dickenson is playing, he will find the holes around Ottawa's defence and exploit them for big gains. If Buck Pierce or Casey Printers plays, I think it will be alot closer of a game, maybe Ottawa pulling out the win. I'll go with Dave Dickenson though, I think he should be back. B.C.- 35 Ottawa- 16

[u]Calgary Stampeders @ Edmonton Eskimos:[/u] I predicted the Labour Day would be close, which it was. I don't think this will be close though. Ricky Ray will see what he did wrong in film, and if everybody plays how Cedric Scott played on Labour Day, The Stamps are going to be in for some trouble. Calgary- 29 Edmonton- 40

[u] Hamilton @ Toronto:[/u] With the play of Danny McManus as of late, this is a tough one to call. Damon Allen has been making mistakes the last 2 weeks. Fumbles, interceptions, overthrown balls.. (Thanks,you're helping me in Eskimos32001's fantasy league :evil: ) This is in T.O. and that's why I think the Argos will pull it out. Hamilton- 23 Toronto- 26 (Overtime)

[u] Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg:[/u] I'm guessing the obvious, but I think Marcus Crandell will start. He is a much better passing QB then Nealon Greene. He still has a little run left in the tank to. I'm guessing Doug Brown will be back, so that will clog the middle to make sure Kenton Keith doesn't get 150 yards rushing. Kevin Glenn will bounce back from a not so good game. Saskatchewan- 19 Winnipeg- 25

Theres mine.

BIG DAVE............I picked HAMILTON to win as well.

OTTAWA...... beats....... B.C........[this years trend seems to be that teams do not play well after a long lay off , see : TORONTO,CALGARY and MONTREAL ....ect....and B.C. will be no exception. Ottawa , is at home and they should have a big crowd? B.C. , will have to loose sometime , so why not in, OTTAWA?]

OTTAWA........ WINS.............by 2

CALGARY.... beats......... EDMONTON. [Again, it is really hard to beat the same team , in back to back games.Calgary , really blew the first game in front of their home town crowd.Even though EDMONTON ,will have a huge hometown crowd, pay back......will be a bit..!

CALGARY........... WINS.......... by 1

TORONTO...... beats....... HAMILTON. [It is time for a reality check for HAMILTON.There should be a huge home town crowd for the rematch as well as many people making the trip from HAMILTON.Should be a close game with my home town heros getting back to winning.

TORONTO................. WINS....... by ............6

WINNIPEG........ beats........ SASKS. [Again, it is hard to beat the same team back to back and the game is in ,WINNING. WINNIPEG have to win to save this season and they will play like wild men.]

WINNIPEG.........WINS............. by 7.

I go with :

BC LIONS - They will have to lose some day, but it's a long shot to call it in advance when they haven't showned any weaknesses so far (except the o-line who constantly let the star QBs get whacked and pummeled all the time) and they're playing a team who lost its groove. Ottawa might keep it close, which would at least provide the Rens with a moral victory (still worth nothing in the standings).

EDMONTON ESKIMOS - I picked Calgary last week... and they should have won that one because they now play a confident Edmonton squad at home, and the Esks can leave the stress in the locker room because they now built themselves a comfortable lead in the standings. They might not catch BC, but the 2nd rank seems theirs, unlike last week where a Calgary win would have threaten them.

TORONTO ARGONAUTS - There's just no way Hamilton can do it twice (and back-to-back) against the division leader. Of course, I hope I am wrong, but that's just in an Alouettes perspective. Damon Allen has been pretty ordinary against the Cats yesterday, and so was he when he played Edmonton. That's not like Allen to be average on the long run. He should rebound now and make Hamilton pay.

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS - With the win clinched on Sunday, the Riders renewed with the dream of making the playoffs. And, with Calgary's loss yesterday, the Riders know they've been given another shot at it by the football Gods. But to keep that alive, they must stop screwing up NOW. The Bombers could win it, but they're all but eliminated. When you already have 8 losses this far in the season, you know its about time to shut the lights. So hungryness should help the Riders.

By the way, a combination of losses from Calgary and Saskatchewan this week would definately kill this year's possibilty of a crossover.