Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 11

LABOUR DAY WEEKEND!! It doesn't get any better than this, folks!

The standings after Week 10 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 11. Ottawa has the bye this week.
B.C. @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

Good luck!

Can I just pick Winnipeg 4 times?

Montreal vs Lions - MONTREAL
Riders vs Bombers - RIDERS
Hamilton vs Argos - TORONTO
Calgary vs Eskimos - CALGARY

The bad news is my team lost. The worse news is they lost at home for the first time.

The good news is I jumped from #31 to #20!

Let's see if I can keep this up.
B.C. @ Montreal: Tough call. These teams are actually battling for a playoff spot, and a win by either team would put them into a good position. These two teams usually seem to win their home game against each other, and Montreal's win in Vancouver doesn't make me think any different. Als by 4.

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan: Both these teams looked atrocious last week, and if they weren't playing each other I wouldn't pick either team. But one team has to win, so here goes. The Riders pulled their rookie QB early on in spite of the fact that they were still in the game. No surprise that they would pull a bonehead move like this. Now they'll have to go with either Sunseri, who continues to show that he doesn't belong behind centre, or Smith whose confidence has now been shattered. This will be close, only because neither team is any good, but the Riders will likely continue their losing streak. Bombers by 3.

Toronto @ Hamilton: The battle for first in the East. Last week's loss at Tim Horton's Field has tainted the magic. Now the Ticats will have to win based purely on superior ability and better coaching. No problem there. Hamilton rarely loses on Labour Day, and Toronto has already tasted defeat at THF this season. No doubt in my mind. Cats by 15.

Edmonton @ Calgary: The battle for first in the West. This one could go either way, but Edmonton has the better defence, so I'm going with the visitors in this one. Esks by 5.

My picks are:

Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Edmonton

Thank you

Richard

It blows my mind that the CFL doesn't schedule Ottawa vs Montreal during this weekend. The CFL won't get out of its own way sometimes and stop shooting themselves in the foot.
Anyhow;

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

MON
SSK
HAM
CAL

THX

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Edmonton

Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary

Sigh, a 2-2 week and of course it leaves me in still in 33rd week, and what's worse, some difficult picks to make. For the last few weeks I've lost my quest for a perfect week on the first game. Lets see how it plays out this week.

Montreal - Probably the easy pick of the week. The Als are at home where they are tough against a B.C. team that is anything but. Adds up to Montreal solidifying their hold on the crossover playoff spot.

Winnipeg - As much as I would like to see the Riders sweep the Bombers I can't pick an 0-9 team to win. It will be close, the problems the Bombers are facing mirror those that Saskatchewan are facing.

Hamilton - It's hard to imagine the Cats coming out flat two weeks in a row.

Calgary - Honestly I'm not sure about this one, so I'm picking the team with the perfect home record.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Edmonton

Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary

:thup:

Good day Big Dave, one change-up game,

Hamilton vs Argos - TIGER CATS

Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary

My picks for week 11:

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

I am in 7th, I fell so good that i'm in the top of the pack :smiley: .

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Home Sweep Baby! :rockin:

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Alouettes
Roughriders
Tiger-Cats
Stampeders

These picks are for Boss99;

Alouettes
Blue Bombers
Tiger-Cats
Stampeders

And yet another .500 2-2 week keeps me in a holding pattern at #19 place. Anyways the Labour day weekend is upon us . Time for the real season to start, and here are my picks :

bc @ MONTREAL........There's something not quite right in Lion land this season. They seem to have the talent but it's not translating on the field. The Alouettes are coming off their big THF streak busting win over my Cats and will run their winning streak to 3 in a row here at home.........Alouettes win this one by 7

Winnipeg @ SASKATCHEWAN.......Hold the presses !! The Roughless Riders finally get their 1rst " W " of the season in the Toilet Bowl classic as they somehow fall ass backwards into a win almost by accident......Saskatchewan wins this one by 1...final score 3-2 in a shoot out. :wink:

Toronto @ HAMILTON......Cats will get back to their winning ways at home after finally losing at THF after 10 games. It's Labour Day ,simply put there is NO WAY that they lose this game........Cats win this one by 15.

Edmonton @ CALGARY......The Stamps are rounding into form and in a strictly two team race in the West this season are clearly the better team by a long shot over these Eskimos........Stamps win this one by 14.

So there ya have it...Bobo's Labour day weekend picks.....A home sweep....MONT/SASK/HAM/CALG/

Good Luck to all and here's to everybody having a great Labour Day long weekend. CHEERS :smiley: Thanks again B-Dave :thup: