Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 11

Posting this a little early because of the short break between Week 10 and Week 11.

The Week 10 standings will be posted here as soon as I can get them done. PLEASE don't ask why the standings haven't been posted. It looks like from here on, the standings won't be late any more this year.

Here are the games for Week 11:
Calgary @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in any time, but the later you join, the more difficult it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Winnipeg if Pierce plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

Okay, to be sure I don't forget to make my picks, I'm going to try and do this EARLY, without knowing the outcome of the Labour Day Classics. Maybe I'll make changes later (probably not.)

Calgary over Edmonton: The Stamps are the better team, by far.
Hamilton over Montreal: I'll be the first to admit that this is totally a homer pick. Besides, AC may not be 100%, and the Als have proven they're nothing without Calvillo.
Toronto over B.C.: The Lions' win over Montreal has raised some eyebrows, but I'm not convinced they can put together back-to-back wins. Come on, Lions, prove me wrong!
Saskatchewan over Winnipeg: The Riders are the better team, by far.

Early bird picks for week 11; I may make changes later on as well.

Calgary at Edmonton - EDMONTON
Montreal at Hamilton - MONTREAL
Toronto at B.C. Lion's - TORONTO
Roughriders at Winnipeg - WINNIPEG

Edmonton - my risk pick of the week.Teams usually always have a few less than impressive games and this is it for Calgary.Edmonton rolls in totally fired up and takes this one.
Hamilton - even if AC plays, he may not be %100.1 bad hit and he's out for another month and we get to see gator clap play (providing McPherson isn't ready)
B.C. - Showed promise with Casey Printers back at the helm, IMO Toronto's the most overrated team in the CFL right now.They've ridden the luck train right to 5 wins, Labor day will be a REAL test for them.Shawn Gore electrifies in his debut.
Saskatchewan - Durant improved big time today and another week of practice and facing the same D should help.Jyles plays a good game and keeps it close though.

Calgary
Hamilton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Calgary
Montreal
British Columbia
Winnipeg

Calgary @ Edmonton: Hard for a team to lose three consecutive times to another team. Outlier pick for the week.

Montreal @ Hamilton: It's not out of the question that Montreal steals a win on the road against the Cats, but without Calvillo at the controls, I don't think it's likely.

Toronto @ B.C.: BC picks up their first home win convincingly.

Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg: Bombers will want it more, and should be able to push the ball down field against the Riders' D if Jyles is the starter.

Calgary

Hamilton

Toronto

Winnipeg

BigDave, I have one change to make;

Calgary at Edmonton - CALGARY

Thanks BigDave, cheers

at this point, I cannot make my pics until I know the situation with Calvillo as well as the Esks situation.

I am sure I can make at least 2 predictions and be happy with them.. the rest? not so sure yet.

Calgary
Hamilton
B.C.
Saskatchewan

Calgary
Montreal
Toronto
Saskatchewan

You can always change your picks as long as it's before game-time.I made my picks but i'm scouring news and pondering changes all the time.Cheers :thup:

Calgary
Hamilton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Calgary :rockin:
Hamilton 8)
B.C. :stuck_out_tongue:
Winnipeg :twisted:

Calgary
Hamilton
Toronto
Saskatchewan

Calgary
Hamilton
B.C.
Saskatchewan

Calgary
Hamilton
BC
Saskatchewan

WOO! 9 wins a row for me. :smiley:

Lets make it 13.

Calgary @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ B.C.
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

Big Dave:

Week #11 should be another 4-0 week for me (I Hope!). Here are my picks.

1. Calgary @ Edmonton- The Eskimos are just a bad team, and even though they are at home, Calgary is much better and will show it convincingly. I'm taking Calgary by 13 points.

2. Montreal @ Hamilton- The Alouettes without Anthony Calvillo are a very ordinary team, and since he's just coming off an injury, he may be ordinary too. The Tiger Cats are hot right now, so I'm taking Hamilton by 6 points.

3. Toronto @ BC Lions- Even though the Lions won last week on the road, it's hard to believe they can win two in a row. The Argos are on a bit of a down slide, but are the better team. I'm taking Toronto by 6 points.

4. Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg- Buck Pierce is injured again with a dislocated elbow, what a shock. It won't matter, because the Riders are clearly the better team, and will show it. I'm taking Saskatchewan by 14 points.

Big Dave, thank you for running things each week and each year, to make the games fun for everyone.