Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 11

Labour Day Weekend was intense! Traditional rivalries, stadiums filled to overflowing, smash-mouth football, a home-team sweep... In fact, it was so much fun, let's DO IT ALL AGAIN! It's Do-Over Weekend, with rematches of all four games in the other teams' park. Let's see if it can be as good.

The standings are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 11:
Hamilton @ Toronto
Calgary @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

You can join in at any time. Pick the teams you think will win in a reply to this thread. You can elaborate if you want, but please make it easy for me to see at a glance which teams you are picking to win.
Picks MUST be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff in order to be considered for a game.
To change your pick prior to a game's scheduled kickoff, POST ANOTHER REPLY to the same thread. Please don't EDIT your picks once you have made them.
You can view a more complete list of all the rules here.

Good luck!

Hamilton @ Toronto
Calgary @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

Hamilton
Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan

Ew, 2-2 last week. I’d better be careful or I may 2-2 my way out of contention.

Here goes.
Hamilton @ Toronto: Though it’s a tradition for Calgary and Edmonton, as far as I can tell, the last time these two teams played the Labour Day Rematch on Friday was in 1958, so historically it’s hard to say whether a sweep or a split is more likely. Hamilton beat Toronto on Monday. Though they had home field advantage, which they will not have in this game, they left a lot of points on the field, scoring just seven points on three trips deep into Argo territory. Hopefully they’ll spend this short week focusing on finishing off drives – and opponents. Cats by 11.

Calgary @ Edmonton: These teams usually split these games, and I can’t imagine Ricky Ray and the Eskimos offence playing that badly twice in a row. They’ll have the majority of the crowd behind them this week, which should help. Meanwhile, Calgary has been inconsistent, nearly beating Edmonton one week and nearly losing to Toronto the next. I picked Edmonton last week, and it cost me a share of first place in the VGCC. Nevertheless, tradition and recent history dictate my pick. Esks by 4.

B.C. @ Montreal: Montreal has yet to lose at home this year, and is stinging from their loss last week to the Lions. It’s payback time. Though they have looked mortal these past few weeks, the only thing scarier than an Alouette team that’s playing their best football is an Alouette team that feels they have something to prove. The Lions are fourth in the west, but only one game out of first. They’ve been inconsistent, getting clobbered by the Bombers before the bye and beating Montreal after it. Hard to say which Lions team will show up, but I don’t think it will matter much. Als by 12.

Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg: The Banjo Bowl, as it has become known. The Bombers have improved since bringing in Michael Bishop, have established an excellent running game with Fred Reid, and boast a powerful defence. They are probably one or two players away from becoming legitimate contenders. Considering they are 3-6 and the Riders are 5-4, this should be an easy pick, but it isn’t. A big crowd gives the home team the edge. Bombers by 3.

Hamilton @ Toronto .... Hamilton
Calgary @ Edmonton ....Calgary
B.C. @ Montreal..........Montreal - maybe twice lol
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg.......Riders

Toronto
Edmonton
Montreal
Winnipeg

Hamilton
Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan

Up to 63rd now, with only one win behind Sambo42, the lowest ranked person who has picked in every game, after another 3-1 week that started off a little rocky but went smoothly after that. Another tough week, do I go with last week winners, or do I switch to the home side?

Hamilton (Easy pick, Toronto is snake bitten at home)
Edmonton (Tough one, Calgary really took it to Edmonton last week, but the Esks are unbeatable at home)
Montreal (Yeah, like BC is going to beat them two weeks in a row...)
Winnipeg (Really tough one, Saskatchewan is much better but they won't be at Taylor field...)

Hamilton @ Toronto
Calgary @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg

boy tough picks! I almost wanna wait for the Edmonton/Calgary game till the very end!

Usually Back to backs are splits. Tempting, very tempting!

HAMILTON Over Toronto. Id really like to take Toronto, afterall they are over due to win at home. But not this time. Argos are just awful. I'll wait until Winnipeg visits Sky dome to break the streak HAMILTON by 8

EDMONTON Over Calgary, With the West being so close and Splitting Back to back this is a good onr to take the Eskies in EDMONTON by 4

MONTREAL Over BC. Bet the Mortgage, Bet your Life Savings, Montreal will not lose this one! Last week the Time zone change worked against Montreal, this week it will work against the Lions. Combine with the fact that Montreal is a very good team, I smell a blow out. Jarious Jackson will make dumb throws into the Montreal secondary.........Bet the House. MONTREAL by at least 14

SASKATCHEWAN Over Winnipeg. Riders were all over Winnipeg and I don see that changing SASKATCHEWAN by 10

.....TI-CATS over Argos.........argos are done

.....STAMPS ...over Esks.........Huffer has the schmoes figured out and his team is finally performing

........ALOUETTES over Lions.....Wally was lucky in the last game.....he won't be in this one

.........BOMBERS over Riders..... close but the Bombers are just as tough in the Banjo Bowl as riders on Labour Day...

Hamilton
Calgary
Montreal
Saskatchewan

Hamilton @ Toronto - Argo's havent won at home yet, streak continues
Calgary @ Edmonton - Big crowd and the Esks are at home, they won't play that poorly two games in a row
B.C. @ Montreal - Predict a big blowout redemption win by the Als
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg - Riders are a better away team than Winnipeg is a home team, but it'll be a battle

Hamilton
Calgary
Montreal
Winnipeg

Hamilton
Edmonton
Montreal
Winnipeg

All winners ( I hope)

Hamilton Arland Bruce will be looking to embarass his former team
Edmonton
Montreal
Saskatchewan Tough call here but i have to go with the better team and as long as Bishop remains at pivot, that isn't Winnipeg.

Hamilton - No competition.
Edmonton - They'll bounce back. Both teams are pretty evenly matched and I think home field advantage will be the decider.
B.C. - Montreal is still too distracted over the call from last Friday. Add to that how BC has always done well against Montreal, we'll win but it'll be very close.
Saskatchewan - Is Bishop still there? Yah, another win for the Riders.

Montreal over B.C. - i knew i should have took the chance on b.c. last week based on history but i'm going to go with montreal on this one. I'm guessing the time zone last week must have made the alouettes feel like they were playing a 10:30pm game. i fell asleep and so did montreal....not this time around.

Montreal 26-15 final

Hamilton over Toronto- Hamilton should have won last weeks game by a higher margin. which makes me feel like this one's gonna be closer. toronto can't win at home and they can't really win anywhere's.....and i'd just love to see my cats burry them in the east basement.

Hamilton 31-28 final

Calgary over Edmonton - i like edmonton at home but after that performance yuk!! Calgary should have beaten them twice already. Ricky Ray can't throw under pressure and Calgary's been bringing the heat. reynolds is a much better back then slippery hands whitlock. plus isn't edmonton's D banged up? stop dogging the stamps....another Grey cups in sight :wink:

Cgy 35-23 final

Sask over Winnepeg - if winnepeg wins good for them but i think the b.c. drumming has people's heads concussed. psss.....this is the same team that could barely beat the argo's. didn't watch the game last week but the score tells me enough. plus i see ppl picking winnepeg cuz their home but those rider fans r everywhere so not much of a difference.

sask 31-19 final

Argonauts
Stampeders
Alouettes
Blue Bombers

posting for dutch31

Montreal
Toronto
Edmonton
Saskatchewan