Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 10

The standings after Week 9 are posted here.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 10. B.C. has the bye this week.
Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa

Good luck!

Okay, a 3-1 week and I'm holding steady at #31. Moving up is getting tougher.

Montreal @ Hamilton: Are you kidding? A team who at best are respectable, against the hands-down most dominant team in the CFL in the stadium where they have never lost? This one, like most Ticat games, will likely be over early. Cats by 15.

Toronto @ Edmonton: Toronto is probably the worst 6-2 team I've ever seen. They haven't had a convincing win since Week 1, if you can call 15 points "convincing." Edmonton's defence is just too good. Esks by 9.

Calgary @ Winnipeg: Calgary is actually not that good, and even have a losing record on the road. But they're on a 3-game winning streak, while the Bombers are headed in the opposite direction. Going with the Stamps by 6.

Saskatchewan @ Ottawa: Ottawa is struggling and quickly going from battling for first place to trying to hold on to third. But the Riders are just the tonic for ending a losing streak. Redblacks by 4.

Finally, my first perfect week - which bumps me into 8th place. Woo Hoo!

I'm leaving my picks as is, as I didn't see anything this week that would change anything. OK, maybe a couple of things. Hmmm.... Oh well. Let it ride.

Week 10:

Montreal @ Hamilton - Uh-uh-uh! Not this time. The Ticats are just getting better. And it's a coin toss on whether the coaching changes are going to have a positive or negative impact on the Als.

Toronto @ Edmonton - The Eskimos didn't look like the powerhouse of the west last week, but that could just be who they were playing. The Argos also didn't look that great, especially on defence against the pass.

Calgary @ Winnipeg - Need I explain?

Saskatchewan @ Ottawa - The Riders keep losing by a few points, and I see them doing it again against the Redblacks, who actually looked good this week even though they lost.

=========================================================

As I'm going to be on the road for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make my picks during that time, here are my picks for those next weeks as well.

Week 11:

B.C. @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Finally!
Toronto @ Hamilton - No way the Argos are the ones to break the Timmies Field streak.
Edmonton @ Calgary

Week 12:

Hamilton @ Toronto
Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg
Calgary @ Edmonton
Ottawa @ B.C.

My picks are:

Hamilton
Edmonton
Calgary
Ottawa

Thank you and have a nice week.

Richard

Hamilton vs Montreal - TIGER CATS
Edmonton vs Toronto - ARGOS
Winnipeg vs Stamps - CALGARY
Ottawa vs Sask. - REDBLACKS

Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary @ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa - 1st Rider win of the year!

Hamilton
Edmonton
Calgary
Ottawa

Another 3-1 week and this time I actually go up in the standings by 4 spots to 33rd. Will this be another 3-1 week or will I finally get the elusive perfect week? Eaayh, who am I kidding, probably go 1-3...

Hamilton - Ha ha ha ha ha.... :lol:

Toronto - This is the tough one. Edmonton is at home but they're pretty one dimensional with a great defence but a mediocre offence. Toronto has 3 road wins, same as Hamilton, four if you count the victory in week 1 vs. the Eskimos at Fort McMurray. It all adds up to the Cats still not able to put distance between themselves and the Argos in the East race...

Calgary - The Stampeders are a lousy road team. They barely squeaked by an 0-8 Rider team that had a back up QB who were using a third string QB, and are now this week facing a Bomber team that also has a backup QB. It should be an easy win for Calgary, but it won't be...

Ottawa - The RubyGlooms are lights out at home, and they are facing an 0-8 team. A surprisingly easy pick...

A 2-2 week sees me fall from #9 to #15. Oh well at least I'm still hanging around the edge of contention. Anyways onto Week 10 predictions :

Montreal @ HAMILTON........Blowout #4 at THF , this one should be over around the 1/2 way mark of the 1rst qtr.
The Ti-Cats owe the Al's one after they squeaked past us earlier in the season. The last time the Cats have lost this season by the way......Not this time.....No Way....No Hope......Cats win this one easily by 30 :smiley:

Toronto @ EDMONTON.......Welcome to the " Poser Bowl ".....Two Over-rated clubs if I ever saw one, the Esks rebound from their POUNDING of a week ago and take "baby steps " to take down the ArgoLucks......Esks win this one by 3

Calgary @ WINNIPEG......Upset special of the week. The Stamps are not even close to the dominant team that won last years Cup and romped through the regular season in "14". The Bombers keep it close going into the 4th and squeak it out late for the victory......Winnipeg wins this by 2

Saskatchewan @ OTTAWA......Another close but no cigar game for the hard luck Riders who as usual play a competitive game and play well enough just to barely lose once again. Hard to believe but the Riders reach the 1/2 point of the season a perfect 0-9........REDBLACKS win this one by 6

So there ya have it, Bobo's week 10 predictions....taking a hometown sweep this week....HAM/EDM/WNP/OTT

Thanks again B-Dave !!! Good Luck to all on this weeks picks :smiley: :thup:

Hamilton
Edmonton
Calgary
Ottawa

Thanks Dave

Hamilton
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

Hamilton
Toronto
Calgary
Ottawa

TI-Cats
Eskimos
Bombers
Redblacks

HAM
EDM
WPG
OTT

THX

Hamilton
Edmonton
Calgary
Ottawa

Thanks BD! :smiley:

Hamilton
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan

Thanks BigDave

Hamilton
Toronto
Calgary
Ottawa

Well, I didn’t drop down as much as I thought I would. It says here my RedBlacks rebound, again, and beat the lowly Riders!

Thanks BD! Go RedBlacks Go!

Think this is a bit of a 'trap" weekend with many teams looking forward to their Labour Day matches. Really think there will be some upsets this weekend ... alas I will play it safe.

Hamilton at home
Edmonton at home
Calgary on the road
Ottawa at home

Montreal @ Hamilton
Toronto @ Edmonton
Calgary@ Winnipeg
Saskatchewan @ Ottawa

3 home teams and 1 road team win this weekend. I'm picking these but could see Argos be the road winner and Calgary lose to Winnipeg.