Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 10

LABOUR DAY WEEKEND!! All divisional games this week, which means teams in both divisions can finally start to set themselves apart in the race for playoff spots. And the VGCC can get fun, now that the East-West gap doesn't mean a thing. The standings after Week 9 are posted here.

To join in, just start making picks. This is the last week you will be able to join in.
To make picks, post a reply to this thread, stating which teams you think will win this week's games.
To be counted for a game, your pick must be in prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
If you want to change your pick, post a reply to the thread, stating that you want to make a change. Do not edit your original post. Changes, like picks, must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff time.
In the event of a dispute, my word is final.
The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to Week 10, Labour Day. B.C. has the bye this week.
Ottawa @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

Good luck!

Maybe if I pick first I'll be able to do better than .500 for once!

Ottawa @ Montreal ... Montreal makes life miserable for Burris in this one and win at home!

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan ... Head says Riders. Heart say Bombers. Let's go heart in this one & take Winnipeg on the road in an upset!

Toronto @ Hamilton ... Head says Toronto. Heart says Hamilton. Gotta go with the head here. Argos on the road for the LDC.

Edmonton @ Calgary ... Stamps keep getting healthier & better & know how to finish & win. Calgary wins at home.

Montreal
Winnipeg
Toronto
Calgary

Ugh! 3-1 and I drop to 35th! Yikes.

Oh well, here goes:
Ottawa @ Montreal: One of these two teams will end an extended losing streak. If you're betting on this game, whatever the over/under is, go with the under. There'll probably be more punts than points in this one. Two terrible offences against two decent defences that have kept these teams in games long after they should have been over. Burris is better than any of Montreal's QBs(who is it this week?), but I think Montreal's D is better. Als by a rouge in a snoozer.

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan is the hottest team in the league right now. At home on Labour Day weekend, the guys in green have the edge. Mosaic Stadium will be LOUD every time Willy lines up under centre. Riders by 6.

Toronto @ Hamilton: Is Chad Owens injured again? Does it matter? The Argos were 2-3 during his absence, and are 1-3 in games in which he's played. He's not the difference-maker he's painted to be. And this is Labour Day in Hamilton, hopefully at their brand new stadium. Hamilton usually wins the Labour Day game, and this year have shown themselves to be just a little weaker than their Western opponents, while Toronto has been regularly pummelled by those same teams. Add in the Labour Day mystique, and even without LeFevour, I am led to one conclusion. Cats by 5.

Edmonton @ Calgary: This should be the game of the week. These two teams have identical records, and are both on three-game winning streaks. Calgary is 3-1 at home, but Edmonton is 4-0 on the road. Even the fact that it is Labour Day doesn't help, because Edmonton often wins this game. Calgary beat Edmonton 26-22 in Week 5, too close a game to use as an indicator. As of my writing this, there are a couple of injuries to consider. Calgary may be without Jon Cornish, but have done well without him. Edmonton may not have Mike Reilly, and that will hurt. That, and home field advantage, gives me my answer. Stamps by 2.

Home team sweep.

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

My picks for week 10:

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Edmonton

Please put me down for the RBS, RIDERS, ARGOS & STAMPS.

thanks BD

Ottawa @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto@ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

My picks for week 10 are:

Montreal over Ottawa.
Saskatchewan over Winnipeg.
Toronto over Hamilton.
Edmonton over Calgary.

Thank you and have a great week.

Richard

Montreal - Crompton will be the difference

Saskatchewan - Head over heart in this one

Toronto - Ray will be too much for Ti-Cats

Edmonton - Thought about picking Calgary just so if the Esks lose at least I get the VGCC pick but went with my head and heart on this one

1. :rockin: Montreal :rockin: 2) :D Saskatchewan :D 3) :twisted: Toronto :twisted: 4) :? Edmonto :?

For Week 10,

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Edmonton

Thanks BigDave!

Yessssssss! I'm back over .500 again. The second half comeback to the playoffs starts here. (OK, I don't believe it either.)

My picks for week 10:

Ottawa @ Montreal - The Als may have finally found a quarterback in Crompton. Not sure yet, but maybe. Unfortunately for the Redblacks, their starting quarterback is still healthy. I like your description of this one, BD, "more punts than points". The Als should take it, although I expect it to be close. It all depends on how many TDs the Redblacks defence and special teams can score.

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - The Riders are maybe, just maybe, starting to get on a roll. The Bombers, on the other hand, had trouble knocking off the Als, and many of their wins have been close ones. Does that show ability to finish, or inability to put easy ones away? Not sure how much home field advantage will count for, though, with these two crazy fan bases on a long weekend.

Toronto @ Hamilton - Hate to say it, but the Argos are playing OK football. Not great, but OK. Which in the east could mean running away with first place. Up until their latest game, the Ticats were also showing signs of OKness and probably would have kept up with or passed the Argos in the standings once they stopped playing all their games past their bedtime. But then they lost their second quarterback. So until their first quarterback comes back and gets into a rhythm - or maybe their third or fourth or even fifth(?) quarterback shows something special - the Ticats aren't going to win much of anything.

Edmonton @ Calgary - Yet anther coin toss game, although if Reilly is out for the Eskimos, the coin will likely favour the Stamps.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

Ottawa vs Montreal - MONTREAL
Winnipeg vs Riders - SASKATCHEWAN
Argos vs Hamilton - TORONTO
Edmonton vs Calgary - CALGARY

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

Ottawa @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

Cheers. :slight_smile:

Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary

Thanks!

:cowboy:

Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

Ottawa @ Montreal - the movable object vs. the resistable force, a QB can be the difference in this league, and thats the one thing Ottawa has.....
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - I think that Saskatchewan's under-acheiving offense will be their undoing in this one. I hope I am wrong.....
Toronto @ Hamilton - looks like the Cats will have their own home to play in, and, after a non-loss in week 9 they are coming into this one on a roll! Who wants it less? Toronto does, so I am picking Hamilton.
Edmonton @ Calgary - this could be a blood bath/slugfest. Forget game of the week, this could be a game of the year situation. If both offenses and defenses come to play it has the makings of a classic. Im going with Calgary because of home-feild.

Labour Day!!!!! :rockin: This is truly the best time of the year!!