Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 10

LABOUR DAY WEEKEND! At long last. This is the time of year when the best football begins. Teams trying to move up in the playoff race, or dig themselves out of holes they've been digging all summer long. I LOVE IT!!

Now, the Labour Day games mean that we've got another late week this week. As a result, the Week 10 standings will be posted late. As far as I can tell, this will be the last time this season that this will happen. PLEASE DON'T POST MESSAGES OR SEND ME PM's ASKING WHEN THE STANDINGS WILL BE POSTED, OR WHY THEY HAVEN'T BEEN POSTED YET. I know they're late, and I will get them posted as soon as I can.

The Week 9 standings are up; they are posted here.

Here are the games for Week 10:
B.C. @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

To join in, just start making picks. You can join in any time, but the later you join, the more difficult it will be to catch up.

To make your picks, reply to this post with your predicted winners. This is a straight-up win/loss pool; point spreads are not taken into account.

To be considered for any game, your pick for that game must be made PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time. Even if your pick is made one minute late, or the kickoff is delayed, if it's after the scheduled kickoff time, it's late. No exceptions.

To change your picks, post another reply to the thread. Do NOT edit your original post. I may miss the change, or you may invalidate your picks.

While you're free to elaborate on your picks, your predicted winner must be clear at a glance. I don't want to have to read through a five-hundred word essay to figure out which team you're picking. More accurately, I won't.

Conditional picks are not allowed. That is, there is no "Winnipeg if Pierce plays, Edmonton if he doesn't." If you make a conditional pick, I will accept the first team named as your pick.

The complete rules are posted here.

B.C. @ Montreal: My outlier pick for the week. With Calvillo definitely out, an inexperienced Leak at center, Cobourne questionable to start, and BC desperate to avoid losing eight in a row, I predict the Lions win a closely contested game based on defensively generated turnovers, bringing my Als’ home winning streak to an end.

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan: The Riders are at home and they’ll be angry about the loss to Edmonton. Can’t see Durant & co. being held to 0 points in three quarters again, and Winnipeg’s offense isn’t strong enough to hang with the Canadian Air Force.

Toronto @ Hamilton: Huge division game with high stakes. A win for the Cats puts them into a tie for second in the east. Playing at home, the Cats extend their win streak to four.

Edmonton @ Calgary: I want to believe Edmonton’s gutsy win against the Riders means they’ve turned a corner. Unfortunately, the league’s best team is waiting for them around that corner. Hostile environment, a confident Stamps team, and Edmonton’s anemic offense against the top defensive unit in the CFL = Stamps win.

Hmmm.. interesting games for this week:

BC @ Montreal- even without AC the Als are the better team.. it could be a low scoring affair too.. I say the Als win by 3
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan- I wonder how many fans will be tempted to pick the Bombers after the egg laid by Sask last week... Riders will be prepared for this one.. Riders by 10+
Toronto @ Hamilton- This could be like the last game when these two met.. but I have a feeling that the Argos will win this one, it may be just as low scoring as the last one. Argos by 2
Edmonton @ Calgary- the Stamps win this one in the first quarter, Esks still have a long way to go, even with the upset victory at home against the Riders.

Week 10 picks;

B.C. Lions at Montreal - MONTREAL
Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - SASKATCHEWAN
Toronto at Hamilton - TORONTO
Edmonton at Calgary - CALGARY

B.C. @ Montreal: Even at the best of times, the Lions seem to have Montreal's number. That and the lack of AC should indicate a B.C. win. But this game is in Montreal, where the home team almost never loses. B.C. still hasn't shown they can beat anyone, and this is not likely to be where they'll start. Als by 10.

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan stumbled their way to a loss against a bottom-tier team last week. They're too good a team to do that two weeks in a row. Especially at home in front of a packed house on Labour Day weekend. Riders by 12.

Toronto @ Hamilton: Easily the game of the week, as it is the only one where neither team is struggling just to avoid an 8th-place finish. Back-to-back series usually seem to be split, but the Ticats tend to win on Labour Day. An Argo win solidifies their hold on second place; a Hamilton win moves them into a tie for second and wins the season series. Going with the home team, and the homer pick. Cats by 4.

Edmonton @ Calgary: Edmonton finally got a win against a team that has beaten someone other than Edmonton. They'll be pumped for this game, which should make it interesting. The brawl the last time these teams played should guarantee some bad blood. But this is just too much of a mismatch. Stamps by 15.

B.C. @ Montreal - Would be a no brainer if Calvillo was playing
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

Going with all home teams, I think BC might have a shot as Montreal is minus Calvillo

B.C. @ Montreal
I want to pick the als in this one, i think homefield advantage and a bad lions offence will keep it close, but the lions always seem to play well against the als. LIONS win 20-16.

Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
The riders’ offence won’t play that poorly two weeks in a row. A weak bomber secondary means the Canadian Air Force has a field day. RIDERS win 38-20.

Toronto @ Hamilton
Kevin Glenn was off last week, but i suspect he’ll be on back on track this week. Combine that with an improved Cobb and a defence capable of stopping Cory Boyd. TICATS win 30-17.

Edmonton @ Calgary The Edmonton Defence came to play against the riders, their offence on the other hand…not so much. The Stamps are just too powerful right now. STAMPS win 27-15.

B.C. @ Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

B.C. :roll:
Winnipeg :lol:
Hamilton 8)
Calgary :rockin:

Alouettes
Roughriders
Tiger-Cats
Stampeders

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

BC
Sask
Ham
Cal

Montreal - No Calvillo, but Leak didn't do too bad on O and Chip Cox is on a roll on D.
Saskatchewan - not so sure about this one, but i'm thinking Durant embaressed himself to the max last week.
Hamilton - KG get's back on track and the Cat's roar to victory at an oversold IWS
Calgary - Their performance last week was phenomenal.Edmonton played good D but I think the Rider's were still on their bye week.Prepare to be humbled in your "new season" Richie.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

BC
SASK
TORONTO
CALGARY

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Calgary

Montreal
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Calgary

This is the un- official start of meaningful football. From now on, we start to find out the contenders from pretenders.

If BC loses this week, I hope Wally realizes that you probably can't win with a swiss cheese o-line...and when your only play is having your QB rolling and throwing an off-balanced 50/50 ball, hoping a receiver comes down with the ball. This really has the potential of a blowout. The 48-35 score this week was very flattering. This is the worst team in the CFL. Chris Leak or AC it won't matter, I don't expect a win.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary