Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 10

Here are the matchups for week 10:

Calgary @ Toronto
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

To make your picks, reply to this thread with your predictions for the winners. Please make your picks clear at a glance.

To change your picks once youve made them, please post a new reply, rather than editing your original post.

To join in, just start making picks. Were just about halfway through the year now, though, so if youre just starting, dont expect to start now and finish in the top 8.

Just a reminder that the first game this week is on Wednesday, not Thursday as originally scheduled.

Good luck!

TORONTO ...........beats............ CALGARY..........[Calgary are getting better but, they might be too high from last weeks win, the ARGOS seem to play better with 3 to 4 days rest. The ARGOS , rarley lose 2 in a row, at home]

ARGOS by 1

HAMILTON ...........beats............WINNIPEG.............[you have to win sometime, the CATS want revenge, the CATS are at home]

HANILTON by 3

EDMONTON ..........beats.............. MONTREAL.............[revenge for EDMONTON.... in......... COMMONWEALTH. Edmonton, rarley loose 2 games in a row, at home]

Edmonton by 2

SASK...........beats................ B.C..............[you have to lose sometime, maybe over confidence?.......and SASK. are at home , they need to save their season and they might be getting some injuried players back]

SASK by 1...............upset of the year. :wink:

Calgary
Winnipeg
Edmonton (I've once again changed this one.........) Just because I got my new jersey lol. no, I finally got over last game and once again I have confidence in my Eskies. RUN IT THIS TIME..................
BC

Toronto
Winnipeg
Montreal
BC

My picks are.

Toronto
Winnipeg
Montreal
Saskatchewan

Hmm toughest pick is Montreal/Edmonton. Will Edmonton really lose two in a row at home? Or will Don Matthews actually settle to go back under .500 again? I'm just going to say Montreal wins for no reason other than Edmonton hasn't beat anyone yet with a good pass defense.

Will be away for a few weeks so here are my picks for Weeks 10 / 11 / 12.

Week 10 - Stamps Over Argos
Bombers Over Ticats
Als Over Esks
Lions Over Riders
Week 11 - Als Over Gades
Bombers Over Riders
Ticats Over Argos
Stamps Over Esks
Week 12 - Lions Over Gades
Esks Over Stamps
Argos Over Ticats
Riders Over Bombers

Calgary @ Toronto: Normally I would pick Toronto, since they have the better record and are playing at home. But Toronto has lost as many as they’ve won under the dome, and Calgary has won as many as they’ve lost outside of McMahon, so home field advantage doesn’t really account for anything. The Argos just played on Saturday, and after travelling back to Toronto are working on a very short week. Stamps by 5.

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: This may be Hamilton’s last realistic chance for a win for quite a while. But now their defence, which had carried the team for the first half of the year, has decided they don’t want to play anymore. If McManus is healthy and plays the whole game, and if the defence gets their heads out of their butts, we might win this. Too many ifs. Bombers by 8.

Montreal @ Edmonton: Most of us never thought that after 8 games, the Alouettes would be in third place. They are a shadow of the team they have been (though that’s still good enough for .500). Edmonton is the best team since, well, since Ricky Ray was their quarterback. Their loss to the Argos was well-deserved, but there’s no way they’ll drop three in a row. Esks by 4.

B.C. @ Saskatchewan: Poor Riders on a 4-game losing streak. As a Ticat fan I remember fondly our 4-game losing streak. The Lions are not the team to break that streak against (just ask those Ticats). If Printers starts, it’ll be a good game; if (a healthy) Dickenson can play, it won’t. Lions by 13.

Summary: Calgary over Toronto, Winnipeg over Hamilton, Edmonton over Montreal, B.C. over Saskatchewan.

Calgary @ Toronto
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

Toronto over Calgary (Calgary just pull out a win against Montreal and Toronto kill Edmonton, going to be a close one but Toronto is the better team)
Winnipeg over Hamilton (our defence may have taken a hit, but the Blue D is still the stonggess thing abou the Bombers, look for the Bombers to become a contender in the playoffs race in the second half of the season, and defeat the Cats who are wishing that they still used there old logo)
Montreal over Edmonton (Montreal just loosed to Calgary last week but not by much and Edmonton was pathetic last night, look for a close but no contest game, as the Al's get back into the finals race)
BC over Saskatchewan (it would be a great Cinderella story if the Riders beat the Leos, but with the Riders suffering from injuries, Green not performing like he should, and the Leos been they all powerful selves, a rider victory just isn't going to happen.)

Calgary
WInn
Montreal
BC

Calgary - short week hurts argos
Winnipeg - might be close
Edmonton - the Don’s team needs some work
Saskatchewan - upset of the week, sorry ree.

Calgary @ Toronto
Winnipeg @ Hamilton
Montreal @ Edmonton
B.C. @ Saskatchewan

Toronto beats Calgary. You think Toronto would be tired? Yeah right. The Bombers lost to Toronto when they had that short week plus Toronto will be at the dome. It will be close just like that Calgary/Montreal game but I'll take Toronto. Toronto by a field goal.

Winnipeg beats Hamilton. Nice to see more people picking Winnipeg for once...Anyway, sorry Hamilton but you guys can start winning games after this one. Plus, at Canad Inns Stadium they are having that 'Never Alone Social' so the Bombers will be able to feel the energy coming from Winnipeg and take care of the Ti-cats even if they are on the road. Bombers know they have to keep on winning and won't stop the engine. Bombers by a bunch.

Montreal beats Edmonton. I don't even know why I'm picking Montreal here but I kinda feel confident in this game and I picked agaisnt Edmonton on Week 9 and I'll do it again this week. Close game.

B.C. beats Saskatchewan. B.C. will win either at home/away - doesn't matter. Taylor field won't be able to make any noise when either Casey Printers or Dave Dickenson starts because they are going to tear it up. Both very strong QB's and since Saskatchewan doesn't even know what to do with their QB situation, I'll take the guys with the 8-0 record.

Picks In Bold. Thanks alot BigDave and Cheers to all.

CFL! - GO BOMBERS!

calgary
hamilton
edmonton
BC

Calgary @ Toronto = Toronto (looked very good in the win over Edm)
Winnipeg @ Hamilton = Winnipeg
Montreal @ Edmonton = Montreal
B.C. @ Saskatchewan = Saskatchewan ---> If BC wins i'm happy, but I need something to cheer myself up if they lose. So getting this pick right will boost up my morale........somewhat.

Calgary
Hamilton
Edmonton
BC (reverse psychology here for you, unrealriders!)

Ok!...Here goes

Tough call with Tor. and Cal., Toronto showed who the better team was against Edmonton in a lack luster game on the road, but Calgary showed alot of heart on the road against Montreal. Has it simply taken Calgary 9 weeks to tune up the engine? or are they going to sputter against the Argos.? Gut says go with Calgary ( but that could just be the pain of my hernia operation)

Winnipeg @ Hamilton: Talk about a finely tuned engine! I just don't think Winn's last two wins were flukes. They know whats at stake and seem to be pulling it together. And with Hamilton...I don't think being at home means anything...uhm...0-8? Have to go with the Bombers in this one.(Could they be the cinderella team???)

Montreal @ Edmonton: Two teams who's motors definetly need tuning up! Going to be a hard fought battle, and I know Edmonton doesn't want to lose two at home and Montreal just doesn't want to lose AGAIN! But....if Ed. does lose I think alot of air will be taken out of their sales. But everytime I pick my team (Montreal) they lose and when I don't they win hhhmmmm! So....I'll let my dog pick.......wait.......ok......she says Edmonton!

B.C. @ Saskatchewan I don't care how much rest someone has it just makes them fat and lazy (look at me). Dickenson,Printers,or even Buck...Price?? No contest! B.C.

Summary:
Calgary
Winnipeg
Edmonton
B.C.

Toronto’s Got Calgary at the Dome. Calgary’s been looking very stong lately. But I think the Argos have an overall better team. Last second fieldgoal by Prefontaine for the win. Argos by 3 (this ones gonna be a kickers duel :wink:

As much as i want to say that Hamilton will win. I simply dont see it happening. Winnipegs been really hot lately and are improving each and every week. Winnipeg by 13. (i really do hope im wrong though)

Montreal’s gonna be down after that tough loss to Calgary. But Ray’s not gonna lose two in a row at Commenwealth. Edmonton by 7

Anyone who thinks that the Riders stand a chance against BC has another thing comming to them. BC will put our pounding on the Riders this week like the did to my Ti-cats last week. BC by 20

overall my pics this week are
Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
BC

my pick this week

Calgary
Hamilton
Montréal
Saskatchewan

thanks BigDave

Toronto - Calgary will lose because of turnovers, and a special team runnback by TO
Hamilton - The streak ends
Edmonton - Commenwealth is just very hard to play in, twice in a row, doubtful
Saskatchewan - I can not and will not vote against my riders. If its a turnover free, or even just 1 or 2, game, then the Riders have an awesome chance, otherwise I will just have to get drunker.

Hey BigDave!

Here are my picks for week 10:
Calgary Stampeders @ Toronto Argonauts--Argonauts
Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Hamilton Tigercats--Blue Bombers
Montreal Alouettes @ Edmonton Eskimoes--Eskimoes
B.C. Lions @ Saskatchewan Roughriders--Roughriders

Thanks a lot!!!