Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 10

The games for Week 10 are:
Montreal @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

If you want, you can wait until the start of Week 9 to make your picks for the last two games.

The standings are posted at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm .

To make your picks, just post a reply to this thread with your predicted winners for these games. Picks must be made prior to a game's scheduled kickoff time in order to be accepted for that game. Remember to make your picks clear at a glance. You can view a more complete listing of the rules at

http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_rules.htm

Good luck!

Yay! I get to make the first picks!

Montreal @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Calgary

Montreal @ B.C. - Lions to win.
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Riders to win.
Toronto @ Hamilton - Ti-Cats to win.
Edmonton @ Calgary - Esks to win.

Thanks BigDave!!!

:cowboy:
  1. Montreal will beat the hapless Leos who do not have a quarterback, and this will be devastating for the lions because they have not lost to Montreal at home for a long, long time.

2. Saskatchewan to win. Best game of the week-- Grey Cup preview???????????? Should be a dandy.

3. Hamilton over Toronto. Ti-Cats have to win and will do so by eliminating mistakes and using Lumsden more on 1st down to create shorter 2nd down plays. If Lumsden indeed has a shoulder injury and does not play - SWITCH THE WIN TO TORONTO BIG DAVE (IF LUMSDEN IS A SCRATCH)

4. Calgary Stumpeders to win at home. Stamps should win at home or else a revolt will happen in the stands as delirious Eskimo fans celebrate. Big test for the Esks defence which has been shaky all year long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wicky Way needs some superb magic to pull this one out.

5. Ottawa - a bye again!! :thup:

Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary

Thanks, Dave!

Montreal
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Edmonton

Montreal- B.C has NO Q.B
Winnipeg-
Hamilton-
Calgary

Montreal
Winnipeg
Toronto
Calgary

Montreal @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

BC OVER Montreal. Yes its Third String Jackson playing QB. But the Lions have a secret weapon, Marcel Bellefeuille! IF the BC Defense can put pressure on Calvillo and give them the little 3 yard dump passes and keep a short field. That and the three time zones that the Eastern Clubs seem to struggle with should prevail. With sporty singing, "Lulabye, lulabye....." BC by 2

SASKATCHEWAN Over Winnipeg. I think the back to backs will be a home and home split. Two good teams. Home field will be an advantage. RIDERS By 3

HAMILTON
Over Toronto. The Argos prove the old saying, You can't win in this league without a proven QB, although Butler is an improvement over McMahon. Again, I'm predicting a Home & Home split. Home field advantage. HAMILTON by 4

CALGARY Over Edmonton. This heated rivalry should continue. Calgary should win this one at home. CALGARY by 6

B.C.
Winnipeg
Hamilton
Calgary

Montreal @ B.C. = Montreal
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan = Winnipeg
Toronto @ Hamilton = Toronto
Edmonton @ Calgary = Calgary

BC
Saskatchwan
Toronto
Calgary

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Edmonton

Montreal @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

Montreal @ B.C.
Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan
Toronto @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary

Montreal
Saskatchewan (hopefully the bi-week hijinks miss us this year)
Toronto
Calgary

Gio Riders!!

Montréal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

I go with a home team sweep:

• BC
  • Saskatchewan
  • Hamilton
  • Calgary

... but I really wouldn't mind if my birds wanted to prove me wrong.