Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 1

The Virtual Grey Cup Challenge is here again, and it's time to start making your picks.

To join in, just reply to this thread (please don't quote this post) with your picks for the winners of the following games:
Winnipeg @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ B.C.
Hamilton @ Toronto
Edmonton @ Calgary

Participants will be ranked based primarily on the number of correct picks. Point spreads are not considered. If you elaborate on your picks, please make your pick clear at a glance. If I have to read paragraphs of prose to figure out who you think will win, I won't bother.

The deadline to make a pick for any game is the scheduled kickoff time of that game. No exceptions. A pick for a 7:00 game will be considered late if it is posted at 7:01.

If you want to change one of your picks, please post a new reply. DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. If a post has been edited, only those games played after the latest edit will count.

You'll be able to see the standings at http://home.cogeco.ca/~droddick1/vgcc_standings.htm
Though I will try and keep these standings up-to-date, I will only promise that they will be posted at the end of every week.

Good luck!

Montreal
BC
Toronto
Calgary

there we go again !!

Thanks BigDave for running this again.

Montreal
BC
Toronto
Edmonton

Hard to predict the first week of the season. Here we go.

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Super Pleased That Your Setting This Up Again, Thanks Big Dave!

Montreal Over Winnipeg
British Columbia Over Saskatchewan
Hamilton Over Toronto (It Pains Me To Say That)
Edmonton Over Calgary

My picks are:
Montreal
BC
Hamilton
Calgary

Since I'm paying attention to the site again (or so I hope to be anyways)

Montreal
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Edmonton

Hey BD! Thanks for running this again!

My picks:

Montreal over Winnipeg: it's gonna take a while for the BB to rebound and I don't see the Als losing against them!

Sask over BC: this is my Gades bias in action. I think that Joseph/Armstead will have something to prove.

Hamilton over Toronto: this one's for you Big Dave! Go Ranek Go!

Calgary over Edmonton: sentimental favourite.

Good luck to everyone but not too much luck!

Go Gades Go in 07!
Go Oilers Go!
North Side Sucks!

Montreal
BC
Hamilton
Calgary

Montreal
BC
Hamilton
Edmonton

Winnipeg @ Montreal = montreal
Saskatchewan @ B.C.= BC
Hamilton @ Toronto = Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary = Eskimoes

thx again BigDave

MY PICK THIS WEEK

MONTRÉAL
B.C.
HAMILTON
CALGARY

THANKS BIG DAVE

Montreal
Sask.
Hamilton
Edmonton

Montreal, Saskatchewan, Hamilton, Calgary!
Esks drool,
Riders Rule

THANKS , BIG DAVE , once again!

montreal wins :thup: by 6

b.c. wins :thup: by 3

toronto wins :thup: by 1

calgary wins :thup: by 2

Montreal - winner 8)

SASK - winner :rockin:

Hamilton - winner :wink:

Calgary - winner :o

Okay, time for me to make my own picks.
Montreal over Winnipeg: The Als are always strong. Winnipeg may have improved, but not enough to beat Montreal right out of the gate. Add home field advantage to the equation and this may be a blowout.

B.C. over Saskatchewan: Dickensen's a better QB than Joseph, and more familiar with his system. When he gets hurt midway through the year (as he always does) the Lions will falter; until then, they'll win some games. Lions by 4.

Hamilton over Toronto: I know it was only pre-season, but Hamilton's offence looked sharp, and their defence was dominant. As for Williams, well, only the Argos would say that 15 yards a quarter, a 4-yard average, and handing the ball to the defence is a good game. Cats by a touchdown.

Calgary over Edmonton: They are much better than that 57-13 loss indicates, and will want to show it. The difference may be home field advantage, where they will have a lot more than 7000 fans. Stamps in a squeaker.

Thanks BigDave for running it again.
Here are my picks.

Montreal
BC
Toronto
Calgary

New season, new start for the VGCC. Here's my picks for Week 1 (condensed):

Montréal over Winnipeg
B.C. over Saskatchewan
Hamilton over Toronto (if Damon's legit injured, the Arogs' are fudged)
Edmonton over Calgary

I've kinda been out of the loop, as I've been in a logging camp for a onth, but I will make an attempt to get in the top 5 again.

Winnipeg over Montreal - Just a hunch, MOntreal won the preseason games, I think the bombers may get the revenge. (I can't believe I am picking the Bombers)
Winner: Bombers

Sask over BC - The day I don't pick my team to win is the day that I am no longer a fan. Plus I think they really can do it. Riders always play tough in BC, should be a good game. I think the Riders will run those cats to the ground, and the defence should be able to hold the Lions to 20 or less
Winner: Sask

Hamilton over Toronto - Not sure why, just making a pick
Winne: Hamilton

Calgary over Edmonton - The Grey Cup Champions will not repeat, let the crying in Edmonton comence
Winner: Calgary

Thanks BigDave