Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 1

So good to have the VGCC back! My week #1 picks;

Hamilton @ Toronto - Toronto has Ricky Ray (back at 100% in case you haven't heard :roll: ) and Hamilton is without Zack. Hamilton's Defense will have to be even better than last year to win games for Hamilton. Toronto in their new home by 7!

Montreal @ Winnipeg - Winnipeg has new life and should be fine, as long as they can keep Drew healthy. Montreal has KG, which means they are going to win their fair share this year, I just am not sold that they are going to win this one. It will be close, but Winnipeg by 3.

Ottawa @ Edmonton - Edmonton is struggling so far (Reilly was only at about 50% completions through pre-season), but they still have the tools to beat Ottawa. Ottawa will make a go of it, but Edmonton by 3.

Calgary @ B.C. - Calgary has an offensive line (for now) so the will continue to win. Downside, DD is still calling the plays, so everyone in the stands will know what we are going to do (what that you say? Second and two and our running game has been averaging 7 yards against this team ... So let's go with the 30 yard low percentage throw into double or triple coverage, just to try keep them off guard). Wally should have stayed in the booth and Lulay should be "the man". Pre-season was only a peek at how badly BC is going to be beaten when they play against the first team for the whole game. Calgary by 14 (at least).

Saskatchewan @ Bye - Saskatchewan and Chris Jones made lots of changes during the off season. The risk in doing that is it takes time to "jell" as a team. The Riders just can't seem to pull it together in week #1 to pull off the come behind victory. They do however manage to battle to the first Tie for the season. This ones a wash.

Thank you Big Dave for running this for another year. Good luck to my fellow competitors.

:cowboy:

BD, thanks again for doing a fantastic job for yet another VGCC year.
Here are my picks for week 1 and then week 2 as I will be away.

Week 1: Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

Week 2: Ottawa
Saskatchewan
Hamilton
Calgary

Tiger-Cats
Blue Bombers
Eskimos
Stampeders

Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Ottawa
Calgary

Thanks for doing this again Big Dave.

Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

Hamilton @ Toronto
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Edmonton
Calgary @ B.C.

Thanks for doing this again, BD!
Go RedBlacks

Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa
Calgary

These picks are for my Expert Ten year old Son (who knows everything).

SuperBro38 picks for week#1
Tiger-Cats
Blue Bombers
Lions
Stampeders

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

perce90; your son picked the Lions and Stampeders who are playing in the same game at BC Place.
Ottawa vs Edmonton is the game your son SuperBro38 missed. Cheers

Hamilton @ Toronto
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Edmonton
Calgary @ B.C.

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

I'll give it a go this year. Hopefully get in every week on time.

Toronto
Montreal
Edmonton
Calgary

Hamilton
Montreal
Edmonton
Calgary

Hamilton @ Toronto
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Edmonton
Calgary @ British Columbia

Thanks BigDave for another year! Good luck to all.

A new season, new picks, and..........a new account....sigh..... :cry:

Here are the picks....

Toronto

Montreal

Edmonton

Calgary

Here’s how we’re picking them so far for Week 1:
TOR over HAM (67%)
WPG over MTL (70%)
EDM over OTT (75%)
CAL over BC (81%)

You can still make/change your picks up until the scheduled kickoff time.

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

Toronto A
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary