Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 1

The CFL is back, and so is the VGCC!

Last year’s final standings are still posted at home.sourcecable.net/~roddick/vgcc_standings.htm.

The complete rules are posted at home.sourcecable.net/~roddick/vgcc_rules.htm.
Here is a summary of how the game is played.
To join in, start making picks. New participants may join up until the Labour Day games.
Each week, reply to the VGCC thread with your picks for the winners.
If you elaborate, make your picks clear at a glance.
Picks must be in PRIOR TO the SCHEDULED KICKOFF TIME in order to qualify for that game.
To change your picks, post a new reply to the thread. Editing your original thread may invalidate all your picks.
At the end of each week, participants will be ranked based on the number of correct picks, followed by most perfect weeks, then highest aggregate spread (the total of the point spreads of all games picked correctly MINUS the total of the point spreads of all games picked incorrectly), and lastly highest percentage correct. Ties will be broken according to participants’ peformance in the most recent week.

Now on to Week 1. Saskatchewan has the bye this week.
Hamilton @ Toronto
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Edmonton
Calgary @ B.C.

Good luck!

The first week is always the hardest, because we haven’t seen much to determine how good each team is going to be. Just trying to stay with the pack these first few weeks.

Hamilton @ Toronto: The Cats spoil the party at BMO.
Montreal @ Winnipeg: Remember how good Winnipeg looked with Willy last year? Montreal’s in disarray, as usual.
Ottawa @ Edmonton: Grey Cup champs do it again to the RedBlacks.
Calgary @ B.C.: I just think the Stamps are the better team.

Hamilton @ Toronto
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Edmonton
Calgary @ B.C.

Just going with my gut on this one since there is so little to go on at this point. Past season's success and preseason results often don't mean anything in the CFL.

Hamilton * @ Toronto
Montreal @ Winnipeg*
Ottawa @ Edmonton*
Calgary @ B.C.*

HAM spoils the BMO opener for TOR
The rest of the home teams win, just to make TOR feel even worse! :stuck_out_tongue:

Toronto
Edmonton
Montreal
Calgary

Thanks Big Dave, have been looking forward to VGCC all off season. The only easy pick this week is Hamilton because if they are playing they are my pick. So here goes:

Hamilton - no reason needed
Winnipeg - off season acquisitions will make a difference
Edmonton - have to go with GC champs
Calgary - coin toss

As I really don't know what all the changes are going to bring yet, I'm going with home crowd advantage for all the games.

Hamilton @ Toronto - See what I did there?

Montreal @ Winnipeg - I think the Bombers will be much better this year with Lapo running the offence (and soon the entire show?). Plus they'll be well rested.

Ottawa @ Edmonton - The Redblacks' starters are a game down on the rest of the league, so will be a bit rusty to start the season.

Calgary @ B.C. - Not totally sure about this one, so definitely going with home team.

Hamilton @ Toronto
Montreal @ Winnipeg
Ottawa @ Edmonton
Calgary @ B.C.

Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

Hamilton @ Toronto - No Zach, no chance. Cats are dead meat without a QB. Argoooooooos by 17.
Montreal @ Winnipeg - Toughest pick of the week. I like Montreal's chances but the Bombers seem to have their number that past few years. Peg by 3.
Ottawa @ Edmonton - Esks are better. Edmonton by 10.
Calgary @ B.C. - Calgary is way better. Stamps by 15.

Sask vs bye - Take the bye by 7.

Gotta agree with Mikem

Yes, I would agree with "A Whole New Bungle" and slimjim2 too

Home field advantage for the Ticats at BMO Field......................... :thup:

Toronto
Winnipeg
Ottawa
Calgary

Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary

• ARGOS
  • BOMBERS
  • ESKIMOS
  • STAMPEDERS

Hamilton @ Toronto............My head says Toronto wins but my heart says Hamilton in a close one Cats by four.....besides I'm not going to BMO on Thursday to see the Cats lose. :smiley: Can't wait to check out Toronto's new digs. :slight_smile:

Montreal@ Winnipeg.........Willy and the offence still look a little shaky at the moment. Glenn and the Montreal "D"
do just enough to get the job done in a low scoring affair. Montreal wins by six.

Ottawa @ Edmonton..........Grey Cup rematch with the same result. Eskimos win by seven.

Calgary@ B.C.......................Stampeders roll into the Lion's den and roll out with the victory. Calgary wins by seven.

Hamilton
Winnipeg
Edmonton
BC

Argos
Bombers
Redblacks
Stamps

Thanks Big Dave. Good luck to everyone!

Argos
Bombers
Eskimos