Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Week 1

Finally, it's time to get this started! :rockin:

Most of you already know the rules, and there have been no changes since last season.

To join in, just start making picks.

Reply to this thread with your picks for the games. You're encouraged to elaborate, but only the predicted winners are taken into account.

Your picks must be clear at a glance. That is, don't hide your prediction in paragraphs of flowery prose. It's not unusual for us to get a hundred people participating, and I don't intend to quit my job.

No conditional picks. Choose one team or the other. If you make a conditional pick, the first team you name will be your pick. So if you say, "Winnipeg if it's raining, Toronto if it's sunny", you've just picked Winnipeg, rain or shine.

Picks must be in by the scheduled kickoff time, no exceptions, period. If the first game is scheduled for 7:30 and the stamp on your post reads 7:31, your pick for that game will not be accepted (although I will still accept your picks for the others.)

To change your picks, post a new message. Do not edit your original post. I probably will not see the change. Changes like all picks must be made prior to the scheduled kickoff time for that game.

Here are the games for Week 1:
Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Toronto @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Calgary

Good luck!

My picks for week 1:

Hamilton
BC
Toronto
Montreal

Saskatchewan
BC
Toronto
Montreal

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Toronto @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Calgary

Okay, here goes. Week 1 is the hardest because we still don't know what to expect.

Hamilton over Saskatchewan. Except for this one. The Ticat offence is too powerful for the rebuilding Riders. Cats by 20.

B.C. over Winnipeg. The Bombers may be pretty good this year, but B.C. is likely to start off strong after their dominating run to the championship last year. Lions by 9.

Edmonton over Toronto. Who's to say what Ricky Ray will be able to do against his old team? But until I'm shown otherwise, I won't be picking Toronto to win many games. Personal bias, yes, but that's who I am. Esks by 5.

Montreal over Calgary. Tough call. Calgary's got a good young QB, and is likely in for a long stretch of good football, but I'm going with experience on this one. Als by 3.

Hamilton
B.C.
Toronto
Montreal

Hamilton over Saskatchewan (of course)
BC over Winnipeg
Toronto over Edmonton (man, that was hard to type - hope I don't lose my Ticats Fan card for this)
Calgary over Montreal

Good to be making picks again..[week #1

Saskatchewan vs Hamilton = HAMILTON
Winnipeg vs B.C. = LIONS
Toronto vs Edmonton = EDMONTON
Montreal vs Calgary = MONTREAL

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Toronto @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Calgary

Ahhh, it's good to have this back!

Saskatchewan @ Hamilton
Winnipeg @ B.C.
Toronto @ Edmonton
Montreal @ Calgary

Hamilton BEATS Sask.
Hamilton , are at home and have a much improved team. Sask. are a big ? and they have looked terrible [so far]

Calgary BEATS Montreal
Calgary , is at home. Montreal , play better at home and there are still many ??? about the team.

Toronto BEATS Edmonton
Toronto seems to do well in , Edmonton. Yes , RAY had a terrible pre-season but Edmonton's Q.B. situation is even worse.
If RAY's bad pre-season was just a fluke , then this will be a blow out for the Argos.

B.C. BEATS Winnipeg
B.C. , are at home and are the team to beat in the West until proven other wise.
Winnipeg , are another big ?

As I wrote on june 15,2012:
Hamilton over Saskatchewan.
BC over Winnipeg.
Edmonton over Toronto.
Montreal over Calgary.

Richard

…Hamilton over Sask.
…Winnipeg over B.C
…Toronto over Edm.
…Montreal over Cal.

Hamilton