Virtual Grey Cup Challenge, Divisional Semi-Finals

The regular season is now over, and the playoffs are beginning. The regular season standings are posted here.

The top 8 qualify for the post-season. They are:

1. taylorfield
  2. Eskylo
  3. schooner11
  4. MKP_CFLfan
  5. 3rd and goal
  6. cfleskfan
  7. ralfsnart
  8. NateB3

Everyone is encouraged to make picks, but only these 8 will have their picks count. HOWEVER, if any of them fail to get their picks in on time, the next-highest ranked participant will squeak into the playoffs. So if you're even close, you're best to make your picks.

PICKS MUST BE IN BY MIDNIGHT FRIDAY NIGHT. That is a hard deadline, just like always. You can make or change your picks up until that deadline. On Saturday, I will post who picked which teams. Please check it and correct me if there are any errors PRIOR to the scheduled kickoff time; otherwise, your picks will stand as I have them.

(For those who have been doing this for a while, keep in mind that there is no longer any limit to the number of people who can pick each team.)

After the games, participants will be ranked based on how many games they got correct this week, with ties broken based on their regular-season standings. The top 4 will qualify for the Divisional Finals.

The complete rules are posted here.

Now on to the Divisional Semi-finals. Hamilton and Calgary have the bye this week.
B.C. @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Good luck!

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: MY CATS ARE #1!!!!!! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

It’s unlikely that 5 of the top 12 will not make picks this week to let me slip into the playoffs, but I might as well make picks anyway, since I have done so every week since starting this thing.

B.C. @ Montreal: Montreal right now has a better team than B.C., and have won 8 of their last 10 games. They’re about to find out that the road to the Grey Cup is no easier through the East. Als by 11.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton: Particularly if Mike Reilly is playing. Kerry Joseph has made the Riders better, but not better enough. Esks by 9.

B.C. @ Montreal - Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton - Edmonton

:cowboy:

Two upsets = B.C. Pussycats over Montreal and Saskabush over Edmonchuck.
Go Riders Go
Rider Pride Nation Wide.

And, congrats Big Dave on your Tiger Cats. After an awful start they should be commended on their turnaround! :rockin:
Furthermore, thanks for all the work you do with this virtual challenge. Makes the CFL Forum so much better and fun!
Cheers to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Dave for CFL Commissioner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :wink:

First off i want to thank Dave for running this again this year. I always find it
very enjoyable, and a big part of my CFL experience.

My picks.

BC
Edmonton

Thanks Big Dave!! :thup:

My picks are:

Montreal
Edmonton

Congratulations to the top 8 and thanks again to BigDave

Richard

BC Lions vs Montreal - MONTREAL
Sask. vs Edmonton - EDMONTON

Montreal
Edmonton

Montreal
Edmonton

B.C. @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

Thanks Big Dave!
Good Luck in the playoffs all!

I'm not in the running but I think Montreal and Edmonton
will be the winners.

Thanks for another season of fun,BigDave!

Thanks, Big Dave. It's always fun to play along. And like my team, I got off to a horrible start, but made up ground by the end of the season. But no playoffs for me this year.

Here are my meaningless picks for the Divisional Semi-Finals:

B.C. @ Montreal - The Als have had quite the second half of the season, winning most of their games (except that last game against the Ticats, of course). The Lions, on the other hand, haven't beaten anybody except the Bombers and the Redblacks since mid-August. I don't see that changing this week, especially with an early (10:00am PT) game.

Saskatchewan @ Edmonton - Even if, and that's a big IF, Durant is ready to play this week, he won't be at the top of his game. The bigger question is whether Reilly will be 100%, or even playing, this week. I think this going to be a close one, but I think the Eskimos should be able to hold off the Riders even with the QB questions.

Congrats guys. I faltered down the stretch a bit and finished 11th. Best of luck to those lucky 8 remaining.

BC @ MTL ... The Lions have been so unpredictable. Really don't like having to pick "which" Lions will show up in a "one & done" game! Really not impressed with The Als Offence & I think they're a little banged up with Rogers & Sutton both going out of the game against Hamilton. Perhaps they activate Whitaker?

Anyways ... think I'll go with the upset here & select BC over MTL on the road.

SSK @ EDM ... Which QB's will play in this game? Who knows! I would've picked The Eskies in a rout a few weeks ago. Not so sure now. Think it'll be a very close, hard hitting, conservative, grind it out kinda game with a turnover probably deciding the outcome. (In which said player who turns it over will be physically assaulted on Live TV by Corey Chamblin!)

EDM wins at home.

That was the best result I've had in Daves little game. So close maybe next year ( sound like the canucks lol ). Here are my picks

BC gotta keep believing this team will finally pull together

Edmonton simple cause I'm tired of the Riders. And besides Edmonton is tough at home

ESF-Heads-Montreal......Tails-BC...... :smiley: See ya on down at THF in two weeks :rockin: :smiley: Because it really doesn't matter who wins this game,now does it.....GO CATS GO !!!!!!! :rockin:
And over in the West,no coin flip required :wink:
WSF-Eskimos in a walk :cowboy: ........I think :expressionless: but who knows ?? Both games should be Dandies. Ya gotta LOVE Playoff time in the CFL !!!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE FUN THIS YEAR BIG D :thup:
GOOD LUCK TO THE TOP 8 IN THE POOL :thup:
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL :thup: :cowboy:

I will go with two upsets:

BC
Saskatchewan

Just squeaked into the top 8 thanks to a perfect week!

Montreal
Saskatchewan

Thanks BigDave!

Montreal
Saskatchewan

I'll say:

B.C.
Edmonton