Well, the regular season is now over, and we now know who qualifies for the post-season, in both the CFL and the VGCC.
The standings are posted here.
The top eight finishers of the regular season continue to the post-season. They are:
Apologies to Eskylo, who just missed the post-season by virtue of the tie-breaker.
The rules are a bit different in the post-season, so please read this carefully. You can still view a more complete list of all the rules here, but here are the things you need to know.
- Anyone may still make picks, but only those who qualify will have their picks count.
- You must make your picks by FRIDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT, or they will not be accepted.
- On Saturday, I will post who gets which teams. No team may be selected by more than half the participants. Priority will be given to the higher-ranked participants. This is to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to advance. However, regardless of your ranking, PICK THE TEAMS YOU THINK WILL WIN, and allow me to make any necessary changes. Don't choose the team you think you'll end up with. That can easily backfire on you, as it has on people in the past.
- Make your picks as normal. All the same rules apply re: clarity, elaboration, and changes (though the deadline is Friday at Midnight.) You've all done this before, so I know you know what to do.
- Though I may CHANGE your picks, I will not ASSIGN picks. So no matter what your ranking, you must make picks or you will have no picks entered. Unlike the regular season, a person who goes 0-2 will be ranked higher than someone who goes 0-0.
- After the games have been played, participants will be ranked based on how they did in the current week. Their previous ranking will be used only as a tie-breaker.
- The top 4 will qualify for the Divisional Finals.
So now, here are the games for the Divisional Semi-finals:
B.C. @ Hamilton
Edmonton @ Calgary