Virtual Grey Cup Challenge Championship

Okay, it all comes down to this. One game for all the marbles. (And no, the winner does not get any marbles.)

The standings are posted here.

The top 2 participants qualify for the Virtual Grey Cup. They are:

1. Green Gopher
  2. Dust

The Grey Cup rules are just a tad different from the rest of the playoffs.

In order to count, picks must be made by midnight Friday night. No exceptions, no excuses. Any changes must also be in by this time in order to be accepted.

Everyone is encouraged to make picks, but only the top 2 who make picks will have their picks count. That means that if someone qualifies for the Virtual Grey Cup and doesn't get their picks in, the next person on the list will take their spot.

Make your picks the same way you normally would.

You must make a pick in order to qualify. However, if both participants choose the same team, I will change the pick of the second participant. This is so that the game, not the picks, determines the winner. On Saturday, as a reply to this thread, I will post a list of the qualifying participants and their team.

After the Grey Cup game, the participant whose team won is the winner of the Virtual Grey Cup. The other person is ranked #2. The remaining participants are ranked based on the number of correct picks in the Divisional Finals, the number of correct picks in the semi-finals, followed by the regular season standings.

Okay, here we go. In case you hadn't heard, the Grey Cup game is:
Hamilton @ Saskatchewan

Good luck!

Since my pick doesn't count, I'm going with a total homer pick and saying Cats by 2.

Hamilton is hands down the hottest team in the CFL right now. They have now won 4 in a row, 6 of their last 7, 7 of their last 9, 8 of their last 11, and 11 of their last 15. The Riders' two wins against Hamilton were in the first five weeks of the season, during which Hamilton lost as many games as they did in the next 15. The Cats did not post back-to-back losses in all of August, September, October and November.

My pick for the GC is going to be Saskatchewan... they played like the team they were in the first half of the season going 8-1... Durant played one his better games this season, Sheets was dominant, the D made plays, and controlled Cornish and effectively took him out of the game. If they play like that again this Sunday, they will be hoisting the Cup... I think it will be a great game... Sask by 4

My pick is Saskatchewan.

Richard

Very surprised I made it. These are the two teams I wanted in the Grey Cup, but in my head I thought it was going to be a rematch of last year. Whenever I pick Hamilton they tend to lose, so the reverse jinx worked that time.

Since I'm the 2nd ranked player, I'll just go ahead and pick Hamilton. I know Green Gopher is going to pick the Riders. I did win this the year of the 13th man debacle, so I'm really hoping to lose it this year, as strange as that sounds.

Congrats to Green Gopher getting both picks right, and as a Rider fan I feel I must give Dust the gears for not picking the Riders to win it in Calgary. He should forfiet his pick and let myself or catsfaninOttawa in because we totally went Homer and picked with our hearts (haha). All Kidding aside, congrats to you too Dust, and Go Riders Go

Also of course I am picking Saskatchewan.

ah Dust.. it's too bad you have to be 2nd.. :frowning:

It seemed like a win win for me at the time. I pick Calgary, and if they win I move on, if they lose I'm still happy :lol:

I knew I should have switched my pick last minute. If I had gone with Ticats and Riders, I would have been out only if neither of those teams won. Next year. Next year. :frowning:

But on the plus side, my Ticats won and they're in the Grey Cup. :rockin: Finally! It's been a long, long wait.

And just in case one of the two finalists forgets to make his/her pick, here's my pick for the Grey Cup. (I wonder if I could report one of them as SPAM and have it removed by one of the mods.... :twisted: )

Hamilton @ Saskatchewan - Well? Was there any doubt who I'd pick? But I actually think the Ticats will win it. Gotta love being the underdog.

You could try, but this mod may be tempted to delete two posts in this thread and not just one.

:lol:

I must have been hacked. Yeah, that's it. I would never even think of doing anything like that. :oops:

And while I already congratulated the two finalists in last week's thread, I'd like to say congratulations again to Green Gopher and Dust for making it to the Virtual Grey Cup this year. Good luck, and may the best person (i.e. whoever picks the Ticats) win.

I'm not a contender but I think Saskatchewan will win the
Grey Cup because of homefield advantage.
Good luck to the conennders and thanks BigDave.

Most importantly I would like to thank BigDave for the work he does in doing this each and every year. Definitely adds a lot of excitement and a little more investment into the games, even when your team isn't playing. Good job Dave and congrats to making it into the Playoffs, we're both Golfing now though, not that either of us minds with our teams in the Cup

Well this it! Final four! First of all I'd like to say congrats to Dust. I have been chasing him all year and against all odds I have the advantage. Also big thanks to Big Dave for holding this tourney every year. He sure does put a lot of work into it. With that said I will make my pick.

Saskatchewan

I think this game will be a lot tighter then expected. The riders are fortunate to have home field advantage.

I would normally say good luck to Dust however I can't bet against my Riders :smiley:

Once again thanks Big Dave!

Go Riders Go :rockin:

Grey Cup Champion:
Hamilton! 8)

:rockin:

Congrats to Green Gopher for the top spot heading into the big game. Also give a shout out to Billy Soup for allowing us this opportunity, you led the standings for most of the year. And lastly, props to Big Dave for taking the time to tabulate the scores weekly and keep the tradition rolling.

A lot of good that did me. Went fricking 0-4 in the last week. :cry:

Now it's all down to one game. The official picks are:

1. Green Gopher: SASK
  2. Dust: HAM

The winner of the Grey Cup determines the winner of the Virtual Grey Cup.

Good luck!

Saskatchewan

An overmatched D and the most home crowd in history. I think that's enough.

Congratulations, Green Gopher, on winning the Virtual Grey Cup Challenge. Well played.

Sorry, Dust. I was pulling for you.

And thanks again to Big Dave for all the work managing the challenge again this year. It's been a lot of fun.