Vikings sign Sinkfield

For those who forgot, that would be Spencer, not J.J… lol

Sorry to see Sinkfield go - the Argos gave up on him WAY too soon but the Ticats were able to reap the benefits - at least for a season and a half.

It's great for the players who make a name for themselves up here and are able to then get a more serious shot in the NFL, especially with "home town" teams. Seems the signing by the Vikings is in the books, but there has been no indication of his early release by the Ticats which usually occurs with pending FAs who have a chance to sign down south which I find a bit puzzling.

Good luck to Sink. I'm sure he'd return here if he doesn't make the Vikings - assuming there is still roster and $$ room.

Disappointing tweeted news for some Ticat fans, whose first choice replacement for Sink would have been Dressler:

gary lawless ?@garylawless 29m29 minutes ago
Confirmed, @Wpg_BlueBombers have signed slotbacl Weston Dressler r to a 2-year deal @cfl

gary lawless ?@garylawless 16m16 minutes ago
Dressler deal with @Wpg_BlueBombers is for two years and will pay him close to $170 k per season @cfl

Not so disappointing to those who think Tasker is like a younger version of Dressler - and in fact a better version at this point in their careers.

I think the replacement for Sinkfield needs to be more of a speed guy than a possession guy.

Not surprising in his play over the last couple of years and especially this past season. I'm sure we'll see other Ti-Cat free agents headed for the NFL, hopefully we can keep a few but I'm sure we'l also lose some as well.

I wish Terrell all the best with the Vikings and would like to thank him for giving us fans much excitement to watch in his play in Hamilton with the Tiger-Cats.

GO CATS GO IN 2016!!!

Wow, I never even thought about the fact that he was not released yet. I too am surprised that it hasn’t been mentioned elsewhere.