Vick to plead guilty

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070820/sp_nm/usa_vick_dogs_dc_2;_ylt=AueE8Q6l72GQp4OX0GkkY1H0kPUI]http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070820/sp_ ... kkY1H0kPUI[/url]

His NFL career is likely over. We shall see.

Oski Wee Wee,

What are these athletes thinking when they get into illegal activities that could terminate their careers?

That's a shame. I was hoping he wouldn't so that they could throw the book at him.

"...The terms of Vick's prison term are not yet known.

According to a story on the Virginian-Pilot's Web site, Vick will enter a guilty plea to the felony conspiracy charge of traveling in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities next Monday morning, said Lawrence Woodward, one of Vick's defense attorneys.

The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

...The gambling allegations alone could trigger a lifetime ban under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

The NFL has barred Vick from the Falcons' training camp but has withheld further action while the league conducts its own investigation."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2983121

More to the point: he lied to Roger Goodell's face. He's done, IMHO.

Oski Wee Wee,

What are they thinking about?

The same thing they've been thinking about since they started to become a 'star' in college....MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!

according to the expert on NFL Network he has
plead guilty and he may receive 10-12 month jail term, once he serves this the league will step in and will suspend him probably 1 year and also the State of Virginia may chime.

10-12 months?? What a joke. His money didn't help him out of his legal troubles at all. :roll:

Lets call it 'illegal troubles'

And Virginia would chime in with a pretty big bell. He would face five years per executed dog and going by the findings under the plea agreements filed by his associates, that's forty years maximum time by my arithmetic.

Richmond has a "rocket docket." Vick's problem is that now he won't be able to control his football re-entry. Perhaps Toledo in 2012 if an AFL3 pops up! :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Throw the book at him!

going to jail by the Federal Gov't, State of Virginia will probably drop the hammer on him as well and the NFL will throw the book @ him. I think his days in the NFL are done.

He might escape with less than a year jail time but I bet he’ll recieve an NFL Ban of 3-5 years. The NFL Commissioner can’t be to happy right now. Vick flat out lied to him, face to face when Vick said he had nothing to do with this. It was a disgusting act. I hope he gets some serious jail time & a serious ban from the NFL.

8) The reason he agreed to the guilty plea was to avoid a court case where all the grizzly details of his actions would come out !!!!! His football career is basically finished at this point !!!

It is a joke, but at least the trial wasn't in Canada or he would have got 2 months and been out in 3 weeks.

Oh ya and I hope our commish calls a press conference to make it clear to Vick that he is not welcome in this league.

Unfortunately, you're right.

I'd let Vick do his time in a kennel full of Pitbulls and Rotweilers.

An Argo-Cat fan (and Beagle owner)

Hehe I had this theory about how he could prove his innoncence, but if I posted it people might think I was a little crazy. :wink: I like your idea BF.

Vick and his crew are all scum bags and should spend the rest of thier days behind bars.

there are prisons in the US that have pitbulls and rottweilers as inmates.