Veteran Stala hopes to give Ticats a boost upon his return S

REPORT FROM THE HAMILTON SPECTATOR>>

Veteran receiver Dave Stala, pictured, will be taken off the nine-game injured list and inserted into the Hamilton Ticats lineup Saturday against the Saskatchewan Roughriders less than five weeks after having surgery on his knee to repair a partially torn meniscus and clear out some bits and pieces of loose cartilage.
Dave Stala knows things. He knows where the soft underbelly of the defence is, the exact location of the first-down marker, when it's time to raise his game. And so, with the Ticats at 1-3 and coming off a bad loss against a team they face again this week, Dave Stala knows they could use a little, well, Dave Stala.

And so the 33-year-old will be taken off the nine-game injured list and inserted into the lineup Saturday against the Saskatchewan Roughriders less than five weeks after having surgery on his knee to repair a partially torn meniscus and clear out some bits and pieces of loose cartilage — wear and tear that comes from making a living in football. With the team missing Canadian Andy Fantuz and without an American receiver with more than two years of CFL experience, Stala should provide some instant stability.

"I don't think I'm hurrying back, but I want to get on the field as soon as possible," Stala said. "I definitely believe I can help the team win football games."

Great. Miss watching stalla convert on 2nd down.

Great news!

Great news!

Something to look forward to.

Hopefully the O can put some drives together this time.

So no one else can come off the 9 game injury list early. Correct?

STALA!!!!! Good to have him back in the lineup, hope he can make a difference this week.

STICKKKKYYYYYY show the boys what a MAN is made of

Great News about my favorite Cathedral product!

Any news on whether or not Fantuz will play?

I heard he's not, which stinks since he's pretty much in that time in an injury where you feel fine, but you are really just one tweak away from hurting yourself again. Get better soon Andy.

Man....We are going to need ALL the help we can get against the best team in the league this Saturday...It's a start with Stala coming back I guess....

Awesome news!
Dave could only help our receiving corps. Stolat!

One each 1/2 of the season, if I recall correctly. So no more for Hamilton until the 2nd 9 games of the season.

Welcome back Dave! The Team needs your abilities to get open and the catch the ball and your professionalism to motivate the team and get them winning again as only a good Canadian veteran like yourself can do.

We missed your skills in the offense and your motivation on the sidelines!!

BRING IT ON , Polska :thup: :rockin:

I will sure be glad to see Dave Stala back in the lineup.,,,but I hope he is not coming back too early. He could do permament damage to his knee if he is not careful.
The way this season is going, we could need him a lot more after the next couple of games.

Great to have Davey back, but if we only had a bit of a running game. :cowboy:

He is sorely missed that's for sure. Yeah Fantuz, better to sit again if it's not quite ready, hamstrings are nasty.

Nice to see all positive vibes on a Thread! :thup: :thup: GO CATS GO!! :rockin:

Great to see #88 back in the lineup!! as well as Onrea Jones,hopefully now Burris has a little more speed and reliability in his receiving corp. Its been rather obvious that the receivers have not helped out Hank in the games since the season opener.Once we get back Fantuz,I think we will finally see some cohesion on the unit.Now if we can only figure out our non existent running game,hopefully we can start racking up some points,suprisingly and fortunately we are still in the hunt in an incredibly weak East division.Even if we lose this week(which is likely)I think if we the fans see real progress and effort and a more competetive score in the outcome,we can hold out hope that with 6 or 7 more wins down the stretch....this team could suprise a lot of people,and who knows? 1rst or 2nd place could be ours.

KEEP THE FAITH....CAT NATION!!!!! IN AUSTIN,WE TRUST.... :rockin:

I agree, I would have him sit at least 1 more week or perhaps after the bye week. If we bring him back to soon, injury is more than possible. Also, he plays with his heart and I could see him staying in injured, not producing and then the team pulling a Knowlton.