VERY SLOW 40 YARD DASH TIMES

THE 40 YARD DASH TIME AT THE CFL TRAINING CAMP ARE VERY SLOW ALOT OF GUYS NOT IN SHAPE THIS TIME OF YEAR

agreed look at this Limus Sweed who NFL Scouts feel is Slow WR Ran 4.46 at NFL Combine.
It is faster then anyone at the CFL Combine.
Chris Johnson a HB from East Carolina Ran a 4.24
That is Screaming Fast

Why are CFL Coaches Happy with these slow times.

I couldn't care less about 40 yard times. Remember Wayne Gretzky was a very average skater speed wise, lots of guys could kill him in a race. But he didn't do too bad on the ice in his playing days. Fred Biletnikoff, Terry Evanshen, not speed guys and not too shabby.

I just want to know is the guy generally just fast enough to play football but can he actually play football, run good routes, catch a ball in a crowd, adjust patterns accordingly etc? If speed was so important, then all the track stars should be able to get a job in the NFL and this isn't the case.

Surface has to do with it as well as the equipment they are using to measure.

Acceleration is just one matrix. Even if a guy can make a couple quick run how is he after taking off from the line of scrimmage for the 38th. time in a game.

If we look at Cahoon,Clermont, speed is just one factor.

I found times to be average but they are consistent, this makes me think the surface was slow or the measurment used was.

there is another thread about the same thing. the guy pointed out the one guy had a time around 4.25 but his cfl combine time was over 4.45.

Its just another troll post from sandusky

THE 40 YARD DASH TIME AT THE CFL TRAINING CAMP ARE VERY SLOW ALOT OF GUYS NOT IN SHAPE THIS TIME OF YEAR
Of course with our non existent drug policy, we'll get these kids some steroids and fix those times.

s I just posted on another thread on this topic, it appears that the CFL combine times are slower because they measure them differently, not because the players are that much slower.
In all liklihood, the blazing 4,2 second times you hear about in the NFL are fictitious.....
Or to put it another way, world class sprinters, running record times over 40 yards don't run that fast...

What are you expecting?

this is Canadian College players afterall,

you cannot compare them to American Star college players!

that’s insane.

Sam Giguere ran 4.49 but has in past been clocked around the 4.3 range. Sam was also the highest jumper of all.

Did anyone stop to to think that maybe the slow times were because the Official sponsor of the CFL (Wendy's) fed all the players Baconators? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WELL THIS TIME OF YEAR AND MOST THESE KIDS BE OFF THE FIELD FOR FEW MONTHS IT TAKES TIME 2 GET BACK IN SHAPE BUT 4.49 IS STILL FAST

Agreed Sandusky. Though I'm sure most of these guys do make an effort to stay in some kind of shape over the winter. Still, there's probably a bit of field rust for these guys.

I wonder if quickness over smaller distances isn't even more important than long speed for many positions. DBs and WRs would need the blazing sprint speed I think. Not sure how many of those they'll find at this camp.

most guys will be looked at on game film from the college football season this combine is more hype than anything else i hate them personally i think they should just play a 20 minute scrimmage myself

A scrimmage would tell you more I think. Like if a guy is willing to go up for the ball in a crowd as an example.

This is Why I Support the Idea of removing the Non Import Rule.
Why Should a Canadian Born Players have Crutch to win Job in the CFL.

we should Draft the Best Talent From the world not Due to there Passport

You see my Comments on my blog about this very Topic.

There is a very simple explanation for the slower tims at the CFL Combine than at the NFL Combine.
Think about it. Since we are farther north in Canada than in the States, the circumference of the earth at our latitude is less. That means we have to move faster than them to make the same rotation. In turn, that means that a clock or watch will of necessity show less time elapsed for the same action.

If you believe that, David Suzuki and I have more explanations of Global Warming to throw at you!

IT SHOCKS ME THAT CANADIANS LIKE STUFF LIKE THAT A SUB-PAR GAME AT TIMES ALOT OF PLAYERS ON A TEAMS BASED OFF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND NOT THERE TALENT.....BUT I'M NOT A CANADIAN SO YALL HAVE YALL OWN LAWS AND RULES THIS RULE WOULD GET YOU IN COURT IN AMERICA

Onknight you basically want to turn us into NFL Canada, and Sandusky, i can't even understand your post. I think you need to discover the comma and period.

No I don't I still Keep Majority of CFL Rules

Field Size Players downs Single point.

I just have Issues with Non Import Rules.

They are holding back the Game