Versus Winnipeg

Anyone's head going to be on the chopping block after the second last minute loss this year? Will Hufnagel blow a gasket?

What this is not the rider organization take a hike back to your swamp land.

It's a legit question, and one that I have myself...no need for attacks when someone is curious, and not trolling...

JM02 the point is the Stamps organization is run much different then the riders. We do not call for peoples heads after a loss. So move along your making the place untidy.

So...you don't have an answer to the question, then? (In case you missed it, the query is about possible shakeups following what should have been two wins by the Stampeders). It's a legit question, and one that many, many fans of other teams have posed before.

Really I suggest then you check the newspapers if you do not see anything I guess like most times you can assume nothing has occurred right. Like I said we do not have fans looking for player to lose their jobs after a loss. It may happen in Regina but it is rare here. So you got your answer.

I think Ill wait for someone else to answer!
Is that ok?

Actually, I didn't get my answer...I'm with ro...I'll wait for someone else to give their opinion...

Edit off topic

Actually, I just would like to know people's thoughts about what shakeups could/should happen...I'm not one for talking about chia pets - never caught on to those things...but you know, whatever floats your boat...

So, does anyone with a valid opinion, who isn't still apparently bitter, have any insight into this?

As you can see they are busting the door down to discuss this with you. But since there is no shake ups (we do that after the season) you can try trolling somewhere else. So I would like you to provide some proof of a shake up. Where is the proof of a shake up? NO proof no thread right!

After the season?
Ask Higgins about after the season!
BTW
No-one is making accusations of a shakeup they are asking if one is expected or being discussed!

Its too bad you are too much of a trouble maker to see it!

You have some serious growing up ahead of you!

I didn't ask for proof of a shakeup...I asked for opinions of things that could/should happen as a result of under-performing...big difference...

You must admit, the Calgary defense was porous and suspect last game - I simply question what, if anything, could or should be done to prevent that. Where's the trolling?

..admit our defense was porous and suspect last night?...hell, I was driving around until 3am with a megaphone saying the very same thing...

...as far as anything happening, I doubt any heads will roll as a result, sh!t happens...hell, if they didn't can Bannister's a$$ after the debacle in Edmonton last night's game won't cause any casualties either...

...will there be tough practices this week?...you bet, and here is what I saw last night jm and darider, I saw a very p.o.'d stampeder bench, a bench that got caught with their pants down and thoroughly spanked as a result, I saw a team that could very well carry that anger into Saturday's game, too bad for your team...

...this being the stamp forum and all, I hope not to see any disagreement with that opinion....

Oh for sure...I'd always prefer to face a team coming off a win than a team coming off a loss they shouldn't have had (imo)...

Nice insult is this the mod speaking or the poster just asking. And maybe some proof would work.

Now for your answer to the topic:

Sat, July 26, 2008
No winners in blame game

Both units struggled in 'Peg

By RANDY SPORTAK, CALGARY SUN

The volleys, understandably, can go back and forth.

Out of the mess that was the Calgary Stampeders' latest folly, a 32-28 loss Thursday night to the previously winless Winnipeg Blue Bombers, came a big question: Who was to blame?

The defence is the easy retort. After all, that unit allowed a Bombers attack led by Ryan Dinwiddie go 74 yards in three plays in the final ticks of the clock for the game-winning touchdown.

The offence is the claim of the other side. After all, that group was practically a no-show until halftime and only scored 28 points against the squad that had surrendered the most points through the first four weeks of the season.

After yesterday's run-down on the practice field at McMahon Stadium, Stamps head coach John Hufnagel threw a wider net.

"I'm looking at a team not winning a football game," he said. "We were in a position to win and didn't win it. You have to turn over all the stones and find the answer."

Oh, there are plenty of stones. Plenty who are willing to throw them, too, at the club that fell to 3-2 on the season.

Let's start with the defence.

Dinwiddie may end up a CFL star, but a quarterback making his first regular-season start should have a tougher go than what he experienced.

(Calgary's Dave Dickenson, for example, had a horrific first CFL start, in which he threw one pick, fumbled three times and took a physical beating against the Toronto Argonauts in a 48-17 thrashing late in the 1997 campaign.)

Instead of facing a never-ending barrage of pressure and one punishing sack after another, Dinwiddie wasn't sacked a single time by the Stamps defence Thursday night.

The situation was most evident on the game-winning drive, when Dinwiddie fired a 12-yard pass to Charles Roberts, a 27-yard reception to Arjei Franklin and then the 35-yard touchdown strike to Romby Bryant.

Curiously, both Stampeders losses have followed the same script: A late comeback is ruined by a last-minute, long touchdown drive.

You'd think the defenders, no matter how many starters are on the shelf, would learn.

Not so fast, said running back Joffrey Reynolds.

"It's always easy to point the finger (at the defence), but that was a team effort, that loss," he insisted.

"The first half, especially the first quarter, we couldn't even stay on the field. What did we have, six plays in the first quarter? (Actually, it was seven plus two Burke Dales punts, but still not enough.)

"We were inconsistent in the first half and it came back to bite us.

"You can say, 'Coulda, woulda, shoulda and we had a chance to win at the end,' but it didn't happen."

Yeah, because the Blue Bombers marched down the field in half a minute. Winning teams, championships teams, slam the door in that spot.

"That's unfair," Reynolds countered. "There were plenty of opportunities in the first half where the score could have been out of reach by the time we got to the fourth quarter.

"You want to say defence wins championships, but the offence has to move up and down the field."

Instead, Calgary's offence sputtered and frittered away most of the first half, a pattern that's repeated itself all three games away from McMahon Stadium this season.

And a pattern that has everybody befuddled as to its cause.

"You really can't pinpoint it," said quarterback Henry Burris. "It's been mistakes. It's been penalties. We had a turnover. Pretty much, when those things happen, you're playing second and long, and it's pretty tough on second down when teams are playing umbrella (defence). You can't get over the top, so you need guys to break a tackle to get the first down.

"If we could have scored some points, maybe a field goal or a touchdown, in the first quarter, it wouldn't have come down to that.

"The problem isn't once we get going. The problem is getting going."

Especially on the road. At home, the Stamps have set early tones by scoring. Away from McMahon, though, it's been a struggle.

"Out of five games, three out of the five have been not as fast of starts as the other two," Hufnagel said. "Whether they're home or away, I think is irrelevant. We need to come out of the gate more consistently. It's not always going to happen, but you have to do it."

EXTRA POINTS

The Stamps are off today and tomorrow before they begin preparations for their Aug. 2 date against Saskatchewan, the first half of a home-and-home set with the defending Grey Cup champs.

Now you see like I said earlier you can easily get the info you see by going to the local newspaper. Again no players being singled out after all this is not Regina with the CFL's worst fans

Thanks for the article - see, I don’t read online newspapers, and haven’t seen articles such as this one until just now…not sure why it is you have to take a cheap shot at Rider fans when a simple question was asked (and subsequently answered), but there’s nothing I can do about your demeanor, I suppose…thanks anyway for the information…

Exactly
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 05 but the stamps dont get coverage anywhere but in Calgary......
It was a legit question that was asked..... There was no reason for you to accuse him of trolling

...for what it is worth, I didn't see darider's post as a troll into this forum, but I know that darider has a history of doing so, used to anyway...so rw05 may have reacted to that history instead of the actual words themselves....

...as for the stamps not getting coverage in newspapers across the country indeed that would be correct, not a lot in our paper today about the Hamilton Tiger Cats, but online newspaper articles are there for those that really want the info, really want it...

...excuse me now while I check out the latest on how my Chennai Super Kings did against King XI Punjab in the Premier Indian Cricket League....ah, this internets thing is pretty cool...