Vernon Adams Jr.: 'I really had fun, I really was myself'

OTTAWA — There weren’t many things that Vernon Adams Jr. did differently on Friday night than he had done in his three previous games this season.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/03/vernon-adams-jr-really-fun-really/

The Montreal Alouettes were firing on all cylinders on Friday night's match-up in Week 5 versus the Redblacks in Ottawa. They had 3 players on Offense go over 100 yards on the night. My game ball goes too each of them-William Stanback-Eugene Lewis-2 TD receptions-Jake Wieneke-2 TD receptions. The TSN turning point was the Als second touchdown to Eugene Lewis which made the score 27-10 just prior to halftime. The Als "O-line had a stellar game. :star_struck: :canada: :football:

Eugene_Lewis_2019-300x169

Well. the Als lead for 55 minutes....
I think the coin toss was the turning point

2 Likes

The played well but i would be concern in regards to the defence giving up that many point to a very weak team.

Maybe they are not a very weak team with Davis or maybe they were given up when the game was already decided

It's not like Davis came in during garbage time relief. He took over in like the 2nd quarter when it was only like 10-0 or something. By the early 4th it was 41-13 so whoever Ottawa had at QB didn't really matter.

1 Like

well when you score over 50 you are going to be giving the other team many possessions. Als kicked off 10 times.