Ventrell Jenkins?

Was he released? He was moved off the Active Roster Aug. 24, for the return of Albert Smith, but wasn't put back on the PR or added to the IR.

Injured List

Name Pos I/N HT WT Born College

32 Rwabukamba, Chris DB Non-Import 5.10 180 1987-01-05 Duke
43 Lee, Terrance DB Import 6.00 175 1985-05-30 UNLV
56 Johnson, Belton OL Import 6.06 304 1980-07-23 Mississippi
86 Mann, Maurice WR Import 6.02 190 1982-09-14 Nevada

Practice Roster

Name Pos I/N HT WT Born College

11 Kelley, Jeremy WR Import 6.06 225 1988-06-09 Maine
13 Maveety, Josh K Non-Import 6.02 210 1988-11-29 Bishop's
17 Mahoney, Liam WR Non-Import 6.01 207 1987-12-13 Concordia
26 Wladichuk, Ray DB Non-Import 6.01 190 1987-11-07 Simon Fraser
27 Hyland, David DB Import 6.00 198 1987-05-30 Morehead State
97 Powell, Darius DE Import 6.03 225 1988-09-17 Fayetteville State

#Ticats changes to the 46- man roster and what they mean

#Ticats changes to the 46- man roster and what they mean

Here are the Ticat changes to their 46 man roster ahead of Fridays game vs. Bombers

ON
4 THOMAS, Carlos*
90 MULLINDER, Luc
92 SMITH, Albert*
OFF
56 JOHNSON, Belton*
91 ORTIZ, Sean
96 JENKINS, Ventrell*

Thomas may start at halfback and at the very least be used in extra DB sets. I'm guessing Brandon Denson, who they used against big back Cory Boyd will be scratched.

Smith took a lot of first team reps this week and they've decided he can go so Jenkins sits. No word yet on Mullinder actually playing.
Posted at 12:23 PM

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/

So, just an oversight on the website roster lists not adding him to the PR or IR?

For some reason, when a player’s name is removed from a roster list

it is quite usual for a period of time to elapse

before his name is added to another one, CatsFaninOttawa.

Belton Johnson was this week removed from the Active Roster and added to the Injured List, same day. I believe the last time any player was removed (from Active) and to the Practice Roster, it was 2 players at the same time (Wladichuk & Mahoney) and those transactions also occurred same day. On this website, under “News” there have been no transactions listed, at all, in the month of August, so the club is not keeping lists up to date. Ventrell Jenkins remains a"?"

Now, it's five days after CFL Transactions listed the Ti-Cats' signing of Luc Mullinder and release of Sean Ortiz and Ventrell Jenkins. The club that day, or the following day, issued a news release announcing two of these transactions which led to the local media reporting the same. But, from the club and the media, then and since, not a word about Jenkins. I'd still like to know -- why?

The "why?" hasn't been answered, but the "where?" has finally. Today, Aug. 30th, Jenkins was listed by the league as re-joining the PR. The team, I presume will add his name to that list on the roster, sometime soon.

NON-ACTIVE 30-Aug-11
MTL ADD IMP Perry FLOYD (WR) Wingate University
MTL ADD IMP Greg LAYBOURN (DB) Oregon State
MTL REM SGD IMP Seth WILLIAMS (DB) Richmond
HAM ADD IMP Ventrell JENKINS (DL) Kentucky
WPG ADD NIP Justin SORENSEN (OL) South Carolina
WPG REM SGD NIP Daryl TOWNSEND (DB) Windsor
EDM ADD IMP Tuff HARRIS (CB) Montana

8) "ottawacat", Jenkins has been officially released today !!
  The Cats have signed Imp. OL  Nick Claytor to the practice roster today also.