Using Jesse

You don’t want to get TOO predictable and run on first down every time, so you have have to call some first down pass plays. Unfortunately for us that will almost always result in a sack, leaving us with 2nd and 18, a sure passing situation.

Bit of an exaggeration, but 2-and-outs are why Jesse didn’t get a lot of touches.

re r&r.d_"You don't want to get TOO predictable and run on first down every time, so you have have to call some first down pass plays. Unfortunately for us that will almost always result in a sack, leaving us with 2nd and 18, a sure passing situation.

Bit of an exaggeration, but 2-and-outs are why Jesse didn't get a lot of touches."----------------------- So it has been stated over and over on here, Throw a Screen pass or a shovel pass , Just put the Ball in lumsdens hands !!!, Sc!#@ Taaffe and his Bias!

I'd like to see Jesse play a whole season ,especially the playoffs .
To achieve this goal why overuse one player when you can distribute the ball to the all your offensive weapons?

This creates more of a balanced offence and happy team,with Jesse always ready to make the big play when you need him......
So far all of our offence has been stopped by blitzes,Calgary used this with success against Montreal the week before they played us ,so we were very aware that they would be blitzing in our face and they did,Edmonton followed suit.
Doesn't this remind you of when Matt Dunigan played QB here and ran for his life untill being run over from the blindside?

Don't over use Jesse and take him out of the lineup ,pace him with a balanced offence I would hope....

I would like to see Jesse get the ball via the pass more often as well. However, in order to use the backs in the passing game, the team has to have slots and wideouts that understand the coverages in order to block. No blocking, no yards on the play. With new players to the league in starting positions, they may not be experienced enough to run those plays. Soon, they will and all will be well.

The question, Jim, is whether the scheme fits the objectives. I really think Piercy or Pavlovic need to be used in a blocking role more as a second back to allow Jesse to go into the flats…what we have is a spread offense where Jesse has to deal with blocking free dogs coming in and any dumpoff or screen doesn’t happen. Jesse is a weapon in the passing attack if used correctly.

Again, it’s a question of modifying the approach to suit the personnel. Playing one half of real offensive football every game simply isn’t going to get it done in this league on most nights.

Oski Wee Wee,

That, I believe, is [i]the[/i] key to effective and successful coaching, especially in the CFL.

Oh oh, effective and successful coaching… we’re in deep trouble.