USFL 2023 Discussion

1 Like

Is this guy jumping ship really a loss? You are losing depth but not really much beyond that. He was 15-10 as a starter at Montana State of the Big Sky Conference - Where Travis Lulay played. 12 teams in the Big Sky Conference - probably one or two QB’s in the hopper that are as good as this guy.

2 Likes

It’s death of a thousand cuts not an execution style assassination. More of these guys will make the jump if USFL expands in 2024. The good news is that they can sign in the CFL once the USFL contract is over.

3 Likes

He sounds like a good guy. Even living in Winnipeg we never heard much from him but of course the media isn’t interested much in 3rd stringers.

His reasons for going to the USFL are clear. He wants the chance to start and also needs to earn income to support his growing family. He sounds like he would like to return to the Bombers after the USFL season, showering the organization with praise. We’ll see.

3 Likes

Well when you need a break from all that exhausting magic, we’re always here for you but not only in this hub league thread.
:smile_cat:

2 Likes

there’s no badge or award for most necro’d thread topics.

2 Likes

Not yet there isn’t - It is coming - mark my words. /s

1 Like

Also, AFL (Aussie) started last night.

lots of other things to follow

1 Like

i did some gardening today. mostly digging. it was 13°C in my backyard today.

oh yea stay on topic b*tch.

yay USFL…

1 Like

It was minus 23 here this morning… gardening here??? Not for a while yet

1 Like

i was in a t-shirt and quite warm. the apple trees are starting to bud and flowers are popping up in places. all the grass is green, lots of birds singing. spring is here on the northwest pacific coast. lol

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The XFL 3.5 and 2023 Plans

Because somebody asked about my alleged mysterious powers today in case you missed it, Superb Owl sent some correspondence to me at lightning speed whilst on holiday and made a virtual cameo.

Relax everybody with a passing interest, he’ll be back in April, but here’s his best regards for now.

2 Likes

apparently there’s a nerdy sidekick now

2 Likes

What is the over/under on the USFL adding 4 teams for season #3? There have been hints that they might expand - I would say 75% chance the USFL adds teams after this season to beat the XFL to the punch and have a bigger library of games.

2 Likes

First things first as you usually overlook. I understand you are heavily optimistic, but I am not.

I also do not agree this is some overriding trend, and I sure don’t want any combination of a hub league with the XFL until that hub league has proven itself as not a hub league.

Now if the NFL Godfather steps in openly instead of this nonsense behind a media proxy, well that’s a different discussion.

For now this trash hub league can fix the following:

1. Get rid of the hub league status
  2. Attendance
  3. Ratings
1 Like

USFL started out as the trash Alabama league then it scattered the garbage to 3 other cities. I know that the fans don’t want this disgusting display of a leagues set up to continue because if it’s successful other leagues might attempt the same thing. Also no one needs a fake league pretending to be “real football”. However, I’m not optimistic that the USFL will change it’s evil ways. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was 8 expansion teams next year. We’ll wait and see though. Maybe they’ll come to their senses.

4 Likes

Totally agree with your statements but I really don’t think that the USFL is going to die this year. Do you? We have stated that we agree that the NFL is the power and money behind this tape league. The quality is what it is - that said I don’t think that those driving the bus care about the quality or addressing the items on your fix it list before they expand and add content. I think come hell or high water they are adding teams next year to up the volume of content that they have for broadcast and betting.

2 Likes

The USFL is a “Tape League” - in my opinion much like The Arizona Fall Instructional League owned by MLB. My theory goes back to the divergence of the rule sets and proliferation of the spread offense in the NCAA, in which O Linemen don’t block in a 3 point stance. If line play in the NFL isn’t good the QB play isn’t good. Good bad or putrid the USFL allows roughly 80 O-Linemen to get a college seasons worth of games under their belt getting coached by NFL coaches playing NFL rules and blocking in a 3 point stance.

The NFL at a minimum needs 350 O-Linemen - the NFL game doesn’t work without O-Linemen. We want to see QBs going to the NFL from these leagues but I think that the O Line is the component that the NFL is looking for with the leagues which leads me to believe that they are going to add teams next year for gambling content and player throughput.

3 Likes

Well good luck with that strategy then.

I don’t see it working out for big-time success without the three items I mentioned fixed, once again no to your six-year prototype theory CRAP and the like, but the experiment shall continue at the expense of the NFL if they wish.

This trash league is certainly not worthy of broadcast air time on its own accord, so until it proves itself it can remain the NFL’s pet project indefinitely at their expense if that’s what they wish though I don’t think that’s the ultimate plan here.

1 Like