USA.......USA.......USA.......USA.......USA....USA....

WORLD CHAMPS........WORLD CHAMPS......We did it with ease we could of put 60 points plus but I like coach Kyle for having class the Canucks were never really in the game........Congrats USA we are the best football nation in the world because we proved it on the field.No content laws or import rules too stop us!!!!!World jr champs!!!!!

Huh?????

:?

Best football nation in the world? Not when only one form is played. I'll admit the Canadians didn't bring their A game but alot of that was poor coaching choices. They had the team to beat the amerks. but he didn't let them throw many passes farther then the flats. Besides you can't win them all. The Canadians have one the last 3 in a row so it's about time the amerks. looked good AT THEIR OWN GAME. We'll see what happens two years from now.

Didn't the States lose to Japan a couple years back? That was funny.

OK since every year it is the boring 4 down game on a postage stamp size field and despite this we previously won, let's be fair and play the game with our rules and field.
We would smoke any and all competition.

Trust me that wasnt be far the best team the usa could have fielded.....You tell me how canada going to beat the usa?I was at the game and I saw the lack of depth and skilled positions the canadians didnt have they stacked 7 to 8 men in a box but didnt have a any defensive backs to cover the usa wideouts.If the game was played by cfl or cis rules the outcome would have been the same.The usa had way to much power and speed something that is in small supply in canada.

eXPLAIN TO ME HOW IS A CANADIAN TEAM EVER GOING TO BEAT A USA ALL STAR TEAM BY ANY RULES?YOU THINK LAVAL COULD COMPETE WITH FLORIDA OR OHIO STATE?THEY CAN ENTER DIV 1 BECAUSE THEY AVERAGE OVER 15,000 A GAME.SO AFTER THERE COACH TOOK A LOSS LIKE THAT AGAINST TEAM USA I DONT SEE THEM ANYTIME SOON MAKING THE JUMP.THE USA IS TOO DEEP IN FOOTBALL TALENT TOO LOSE TO ANYBODY ELSE ON THIS PLANET WHO PLAYS THIS SPORT

Wow! you really are an ignoarmace :o the Canadians have no shortage of power and speed. The problem that day was coaching. And yes that was the best team the usa could field. They came from all over the country with their little letters of intent just like you've always whined about. I might even question whether some of them were even 'young enough' to legally play in this tournament. Anyway as i stated before this one win means nothing. The Canadians won the last 3 so until the Amerks put together a real streak then you can talk your smack you North Western Ohio nutmeg!

Let us reiterate again, our rules and field and we win every time. Period.
Just because it's American does not equate to superiority. Haven't you learned that and how there is a world out there beyond your country's boundaries?
Need I remind you of soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf etc. etc.

Americans are only the world champs of 4 down football but that is a given, no need even for discussion there.

I don't think coaching was the issue. If Constantine is not the right coach, I don't know who is. He has familiarity with the US rules because he's from Quebec and he has one of the best records in CIS history.

For the first time the US brought their best and it showed. It was only 8 to 3 after the first quarter and even after the first half I think it was 14 to 3...still well within reach. We just had a meltdown and the US is too good a team to do that with.

I was worried after we barely beat Japan in the semi final that our guys assumed they'd be going to the final...they were one play away from losing that game.

I think that team Canada this year were underachievers and could have done better.

By the way Sandusky...content laws? Really, this championship was a chance for you to bring up the CFL's content laws? Let it go man!!! In fact, the development of Canadian football and the reason that a nation of only one tenth the population of the football obsessed USA....Canada had a chance was because we have an amazing professional league that fosters Canadian talent. Can you imagine if in the main championships if the Canada took it's best from the CFL against the type of team the US sent to Japan (i think it was DIV 2 and 3 players)....we would destroy them. I know that if it was NFL allstars it would be the opposite story...granted...I'll give you that for sure.

I tend to agree with you for pretty much everything until your last line:

"I know that if it was NFL allstars it would be the opposite story...granted...I'll give you that for sure.
[/quote]
"

Based on what recent evidence?

A little presumptive I guess…but based on the fact that there are a lot of players that were cut from the NFL and then came to the CFL and became allstars. Different game I know but our very best (canada’s) are allstars in the CFL and wouldn’t even have been given a chance in the NFL. That says to me that the US players really good. I know that the Ricky Williams etc. didn’t do much here but we are talking about the US game, players that suit that style of game…I don’t honestly know how Jessie Lumsden, McCarty, Kamau Peterson, Arje Franklin, and Paris Jackson would do in the NFL or that style of play…US rules.

I do know that they (USA) have a much bigger pool to pull from…which gives them an obvious advantage.

A greater number of player and or more money for the No Funners does not equate to superiority.
Look at the results in other sports where the American teams be it club or Allstars have been spanked by the world competition.
This would be no different if we were playing our rules and field.

I disagree. I think an exciting game would be the Canadian all-stars against the US all-stars from the CFL...but I think it would be tough for the Canadians to compete without a quarterback with professional experience. That's just in the CFL...what about if they could add players from the NFL...even with our rules.

NFL network is airing the gold medal game from the world juniors today...July 18th at 8:00pm EST. I will likely be flipping from the retro games in the CFL and the gold medal game because I am really curious to see it.

I watched it and it was good game.....

You can't really talk about Canada beating the USA in the past, it was a different tournament. THAT tournament was played the same weekend as the Super Bowl, in the Super Bowl city. Canada had won 2 or 3 in a row, but I hate to say it, there's a bit of an asterisk to those wins. In THAT tournament, Team USA was only made up from players FROM THAT STATE (IE: Super Bowl in Miami = Only Florida players), so it wasn't REALLY Team USA, more like TEAM (insert state name here).

I'm assuming this IFAF torunament was setup differently. If it really was the top Junior age players from across the United States, then it's not too surprising that they beat Canada, although I'd venture to guess Canada could have put up a lot better fight than what they did.

But either way, I don't think it's a shock to anybody that the USA and Canada are the top two football countries in the world.

Neither the USA or Canada fielded their best teams. Half of team Canada was made up of 2 CEGEP teams, and most on the team was from Quebec only. Then again, the best Div. 1 prospects didn't participate for the states so regardless the USA would have won. Your never going to have the best competition playing when it costs $2000 per player to participate....