usa tryouts in fresno, ca.

does anyone know the results of the open tryouts in Fresno, Ca.

CFL tryouts??

Results?

This had to be a particular teams tryouts, not a league wide event, so I would imagine we will never see any data, just perhaps a signing or two.

…fresno won in overtime…

LOL The Esks just held open tryouts in Fresno. I haven't spoken to anyone from the team or in the know so am not sure if anyone impressed enough for a Training camp invite.

Nice that its always Fresno or Florida or N'Awlins for these tryouts.

Why not Boise or Utica?

...hmmmm....florida?....idaho?....florida?....idaho?....

....no soup for you either AL, straight to bed...

One of the problems with Boise: you drive for three hours in any direction, and the nearest city of any size is...still Boise!

The Lions had a free-agent camp in Salem, Oregon a couple of yrs back, finding Buck Pierce, Ryan Phillips and Tony Simmons. The Lions seem to favour Texas and California for tryout camps as they have large area populations, but you can't argue with the success in Salem! The Lions always charge a $50 entry fee, to help cover the costs and weed out anyone who isn't serious. Prospects will come from across the U.S. for a shot at the pros, regardless of where they are being held.

I am a bit off topic, but I remember when the Montreal Machine (of the early version of NFL Europe, was it the World football league?) in 1990 held an open tryout in Montreal. I don’t remember all of the specifics, but I do remember the head coach, Jacques Dussault talking about the tryout and shaking his head… His attitude said it all. It was really funny. I think he found a bunch of guys who could bench press 225 pounds 30 times, but who needed a cane to walk. He also found a bunch of 120 pound 4.4 runners. I think he was hoping for players who could do both…
But, things are different now. The Als have been back in Montreal for 12 years. Québec now produces many great pro prospects for the CFL. Unfortunately for us Als fans,one of these players, Étienne Boulay, will be a starting cornerback for the NY Jets for the next few years…

Football has come a long way right here in Quebec.

WELL THEY BETTER BE GLAD I WASNT THERE TRYING OUT I RUN A 4.39 FORTY AND I CAN BENCHPRESS 225 POUNDS 75 TIMES.BUT THE CFL DOESNT PAY ENOUGH FOR ME....TO BE HONEST

But you still cant find the Caps lock key!

Yes, I'm sure they are ecstatic that you weren't trying out there...apparently you think they have nothing better to do than be happy that some random guy who talks big on a football forum isn't at a tryout...

WELL THEY BETTER BE GLAD I WASNT THERE TRYING OUT I RUN A 4.39 FORTY AND I CAN BENCHPRESS 225 POUNDS 75 TIMES.BUT THE CFL DOESNT PAY ENOUGH FOR ME....TO BE HONEST
Aaaaaand the CFL passes by another great one... :(

We'll find salvation one day SANDUSKYOHIOBRO, too bad it wasn't you. But fortunately for us on the forum, money can't buy the type of comedy you bring to our hearts.... TO BE HONEST.

He is just not strong enough, or quick enough to make it work.....

IF you are that good, how come you are not trying out for an NFL team then? Instead you are posting on the net on a CFL forum! I’ll say one thing, its a novel way to get the NFL scouts to notice you… :rockin:

if only you could play football worth a damn

Maybe Sandusky, OH could be awarded a CFL expansion team and that would make it worth your while?