US vs Canada Women's Soccer rival

IGF will be hosting a different kind of rivalry match. Word is 25K plus tickets are sold so far for Thursday May 8th not so friendly Women's soccer match.

Was flipping channels and noticed the game was played at the old stadium.
I thought it was on the verge of being demolished?

? Were u drinking? It was played at IGF. The old stadium had been long gone, replaced with a half empty lot and a half empty Target :wink:

(slated to open later this year)

Mr. Ford, I believe you left rehab a tad early !

Well the match was at IGF that is for sure. Watching it on ESPN3 it seemed to be very loud with a large crowd. The Womens National team is popular and draws big crowds especially when it is the rival US.

Just another type of big event that both Halifax and Quebec City will be missing out on without a stadium :oops:

It was the second biggest crowd ever to watch Canada's women play a match in Canada.

A record that is going to be broken likely a few times between now and the end of the World Cup in2015`

I love IGF....looked great on TV....just a great place I have seem Bomber games and Bison games....its all good...really

It really did look great on TV and the crowd was very loud. If this is any indication of what will be to come with the Women's World Cup it should be a home run event for Canada and all of the new and reno'd venues that will be used.

Watching it on ESPN3 it seemed to be very loud with a large crowd. The Womens National team is popular and draws big crowds especially when it is the rival US.???