Thursday
EDM at BC - ESPN2

Friday
MTL at CGY - not listed, assume ESPN+

Saturday
WPG at TOR - ESPN2

OTT at SSK - not listed, assume ESPN+

2 Likes

The non-ESPN2 games will not be televised.
But streamed on ESPN+

Thank you ! I saved the link.... :slight_smile:

This is like the earliest we've ever been given the schedule for ESPN too. But it's not like those fools have not had time to get ready right?

I would not be too quick to call them fools. They are going to show the games! :crazy_face::grinning:

1 Like

Good point - I have a long adverse relationship with most especially ESPN given their antics since 2003 on which I have commented otherwise over the years here.

You probably don't know that for years they did not release the TV schedule but within days of the first game, and there was no real excuse for that negligence.

1 Like

Game 1 HAM at WPG announcers will be Rod Smith and Glen Suitor. Suitor is also working BC at SSK, and OTT at EDM opening week which are the 3 games televised on linear channels. New Americans viewers might conclude that the CFL only uses one color commentator.

1 Like

Imagine what my / our fellow Americans think the first time they hear Rod Black. :laughing:

1 Like

But you could count on the fact that ESPN3, streamed EVERY CFL game. It didn't matter what was on ESPN2, every game was streamed

2 Likes

Hello.... Canada.....and viewers from the United States.

Longer than Foster Hewitt for sure​:sweat_smile::joy::beers:

1 Like

Week 4

Thursday
EDM at TOR - not listed, assume ESPN+

Friday
HAM at MTL - ESPNews

Saturday
BC at OTT - not listed, assume ESPN+, see below

Sunday
CGY at WPG - ESPN2

Website lists a Week 4 Saturday doubleheader (WPG at SSK & EDM at CGY) on ESPNews for games that are not even scheduled.

I'm getting worried. Friday's Lions v. Riders was showing on ESPN's schedule page but now it's gone, not listed on ESPN+ schedule either. Anyone know more?

Only 2 games televised this week, the Thursday night Ticats/Bombers on ESPN2 and the Saturday night Ottawa/Edmonton game on ESPN2
No streaming on ESPN+
I don't know why they can't stream all of them like they used to do on ESPN3

1 Like

That is a real bummer because I was really looking forward to Cam Phillips play with the Argos. :cry:

Wait until Monday. I am sure the league will make a statement about games airing on the ESPN networks.

The schedule is out for the next 4 weeks:
Besides the week 1 games, only one CFL game a week listed after that:
Week 2 Ticats/Riders - on ESPNNews
Week 3 Bombers/Argos on ESPN2
Week 4 Ticats/Als ESPNNEWS

I warned you about that ESPN+ crap. The functionality is not much better if at all than a pirate stream.

What also irks me about ESPN is whenever they played that ESPNews trick, which is seldom included in a regular cable package for good reason, yet they put on the utmost crap on ESPN2 even when it's not NCAA football crap instead of the CFL. It's August. There is not jack sheet on TV now plus all the media are pandering that Olympic nonsense.

And I don't want to hear it's a ratings play when it's not most of the time as I have seen over the years when this ESPNews crap happens.

ESPN also would be wise to rename ESPNews - it's has not been 2005 with people flipping on a channel for sports news for quite some time now. Their sports news sucked back then too.

1 Like

Like every year they pull this crap too as if there is so much else going on in August (let alone June and July) on ESPN channels! :roll_eyes:

1 Like