Upset about Saturday playoff dates

I agree. People could throw much better Grey Cup parties on Saturday. I also wouldn't mind seeing the game moved.

Ok bud if your hinting at me not being a true CFL fan your dead wrong. I got my bomber season tickets, haven’t missed a game in 2 seasons, wear my team colors in pride day in and day, have my room decked out in memorabelia, go to labor day every year, etc etc… And as for my team being out of the playoffs wrong they host the eskimoes on the 8th at canad inns.

But heres why i say what i say. Its all due to logic really. althogh the cfl does get more viewers why lose some to the nfl at the same time? i would much prefer getting to watch my cfl on saturdays and have a few drinks not worring about work the next day. and being a football fan such i was born and raised 2 days (saturday and sunday) of football is better then anytime. i use hald my brain every now and then and when the cfl schedule is created for the upcoming season i take the playoffs dates and every home game off of work. that way i know i will be able to go to everygame, and if so my team makes the playoffs i will be free to go. it actually works kinda well just take the chance your team will be there. and even not u get a day off to hang with the boys have a few drinks and enjoy cfl playoff football. then the enxt day enjoy some nfl.

CTV is screwing with tradition and sticking the CFL on SAturday because they don't want to hurt their NFL ratings.
And to the guy named Cheif who said people would watch the NFL over the CFL?
That right there makes you look ridiculous.
CFL beats the NFL head to head 95% of the time.
Last years playoffs averaged almost 1.5 million viewers, ON SUNDAY, head to head with the NFL!
CTV is throwing the CFL under the bus to cover their NFL investment.
They dont give an RA about CFL fans.
If CFL ratings tank because of this move, while the NFL's benefit, they'll be as happy as pigs in mud.
Tonight the CFL is going head to head with HNIC again.
It'll get buried.
If the CFL moved the games because CFL fans demanded it, I have no qualms.
But to move it just to get it out of the way of the NFL on Sundays makes the league look like a second banana.
Even though its the top football property on Canadian TV?
Cohon is bending over too much for those people

As long as its televised, I'm happy. Seriously, people should quit searching for things to complain about.

I'm just ticked off about the fact that the CFL is getting treatd like a second banana in its own country by a network that is promoing foreigners over our own.
A network that has little interest if the CFL survives or not. And would not shed a tear if it could help push it over the edge.

And even worse is the Argos situation.
They're on the Fan 590, which is owned by another NFL wannabee, Ted Rogers.
Argos games were shoved to the internet whenever the Blue jays and Argos played on the same night.
An Argos game broadcast was delayed becuase they had to do the Blue Jays call in show first!
The Argos were pre-empted for the World Series radio broadcast.
Meanwhile the Raptors game was carried on the FAn590 OVER the World Series broadcast a night later?

The CFL is getting screwed by Rogers and friends. I suggest the next TV deal Mark Cohon be at CBC's front door with hat in hand,
asking to be allowed back in.
Because if you get in bed with the devil, like they have right now, you end up getting burned.

I don’t know. I think Berezin has a point. With the games on Saturday now, no one is going to attend, and no one is going to watch because they’re all going to forget the games are on Saturday. The league is going to crumble. Cohon will announce they’re closing up shop within the next two years. Bye bye CFL. It was nice while it lasted.

:lol:

I guess Chief.
Then again you're the guy who wrote that people would choose the NFL over the CFL playoffs on a Sunday.
Need I say more?

Yes, please. Please say more. We must hear your doom and gloom predictions for the league yet again...

Just telling it like it is.
If you can't see it, then I guess we'll agree to disagree.
But obviously I'm not the only one with this opinion.
as I didn't start this thread.

And my last comment on this topic.
If its such a great thing for the CFL to move the playoffs to Saturdays, why doesn't Cohon explain to us CFL fans
what the huge benefits of playing on Saturday will be for the league?
Has the league done research that shows CFL fans want the plyoffs moved to Saturdays?
Does the league get more money to play on Saturday?
Any changes Cohon makes that is not in the best interest of the CFL and its fans must be questioned.
IF this move is so great, tell us why it is?
IF this move doesn't take the CFL's best interestes into account, then Cohon should not be league commissioner.
Because he's nothing more then a puppet.

Did I? How much did I have to drink?

I think it's brilliant the CFL went with Saturday playoff games. I for one hope the CFL have been contemplating putting the Grey Cup on a Saturday. Grey Cup Saturday would do better in the rating across the country (except in Toronto and to be honest why would you rather watch the Maple Laughs than the Grey Cup) if it was to run head to head with HNIC. IMHO it would allow fans and bars alike to put on awsome Grey Cup parties knowing full well the MAJORITY of fans will not have to go to work the next day.

Saturday playoff games WILL NOT hurt the CFL, as a matter of fact, it will help the CFL and in the next two weeks it will ve proven. Face it as CFL fans, we will watch REGARDLESS of what day the playoff games are on. Most of us love this league that much.

Fact is nothing will ever please everybody and some people will complain about being hung with a new rope.

Very true! Truth is, Saturday playoff games I would dare say pleases the majority of us CFL fans and Mr. Cohon and TSN knows that, why else would they do it? And no it’s not because of the NFL, do you think CTV/TSN would spend all that money to be the sole broadcasters of the CFL for the next couple years just to screw it up? The answer is, NO!

How about a Grey Cup Edition of Friday Night Football?... :wink:

I have no problems with Saturday games.. now that I finally have Saturdays off, LOL. I switched my days(nights) off for Grey Cup Sunday, so I'm all set to watch some exciting CFL playoff action! Beats watching the Leafs ( I still don't understand why we who live west of the Ontario/Manitoba border get a steady of diet of Leafs, Leafs, Leafs every Saturday night from CBC in the first part of the doubleheader :? ... :thdn: ) anyday!

Because secretly CBC is owned by MLSE

Actually, that would not surprise me in the least bit… :lol: :lol:

The one drawback to CFL games on Saturday is that it takes away a few that might watch the CIS playoffs, which are also conducted on the same day.

Watching Toronto City TV this morning which is owned by Rogers Communications and the blurb on the screen said the playoff games are on Sunday. Now, is City/Rogers purposely showing wrong information or just some sort of honest error? Hmmmm
I do watch some CIS but probably watch more NFL so Saturdays work better for me.

who really cares? i don't. saturday or sunday I will still watch.

As long as the Grey Cup doesn't get moved, I'll be fine.