Upper West Seats

nope.

#allanotherdork’sfault

Whoh whoh whoh, my fault, I didn’t state my thoughts correctly. When I wrote “workers” I should have written “employees” - meaning ALL employees of IO - everyone from CEO to the trades would be affected; but affected PROPORTIONATELY. The more you are paid, the more you are fined. Conversely, the lower you are paid, the higher the bonus for early completion.

I blame my earlier post on the painkillers I am on. I cannot even drink any more, so I can’t blame the beer… lol

You sarcasm detector isnt working. Check battery.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8) Looks like you're out of luck again Tom !!
 You're Upper West seats will not be open for the Oct. 17 game.

The pot calling the kettle black perhaps? :wink:

We had been sitting on the East side for 3 games and then sat on the West side behind the visitor's bench last game. I like the East side better so we moved our seats to the East side. It will be nice once the whole stadium is open, but it isn't quite the catastrophe some people are making it now that most of the seats are available. I don't get people who refuse to move seats. I would have sat on the ground or the scoreboard to see them play if I had to.

I’m a sad Panda

More Money in my Pocket I guess Since there only 1 game left at home after this
Look like be watching from home the rest of year.

It really doesn’t have much to do with refusing to move seats. Every game is a new seat. There are 2 main reasons to purchase season’s tickets. One is to be at the game cheering on the Ticats. The other is the comradery you establish with the fans sitting around you. For most longtimers, that was destroyed when the new stadium happened. People you were sitting with for years may have had a lot less seniority than you and didn’t end up with the same priority for seat selection. I have no idea where any of them are sitting now. Now in the new stadium, I haven’t sat in the same seat twice. It takes away from the experience. This is not the Ticats fault and it is what it is but don’t say we should be happy about it. The Ticats are trying to make it better by giving us extra tickets for a couple of games but that really does nothing for me, only the friends that I give them and even then, they wouldn’t be sitting with us. I just want some stability. Other season ticket holders don’t have to call the office before every game to scramble for a good seat. I’m no different than a non season ticket holder calling to get a ticket. My friend called for a 3 game package and got better seats than me.

closed?! well that's a shame. was hoping we'd show the Ottawa BUMCRACKS how loud this stadium can be.

I never said anyone should be happy about the situation and it does have to do with refusing to move seats. I know there are people who have decided not to go at all until they can sit in their own seat and while I understand the points you made about sitting with the same people, I just don't get not wanting to go to the games at all. I would feel like I was punishing myself by not going to watch them play. I'm sorry for those who aren't happy with the seating arrangements, but I honestly don't care. We are winning in a nice new stadium and I get to see it. That's all I need.

TheNit wrote
"Now in the new stadium, I haven't sat in the same seat twice. It takes away from the experience. This is not the Ticats fault and it is what it is but don't say we should be happy about it"

I am in the same boat as you, but I say it is the Ticats fault. My season tickests (5 of them) are in the upper west stands in sec 202 row 10, I'm about the 3-5 yard line. The first seats (Labor Day) the Ticats gave me for replacement were in sec 112 row 8 down low and in the endzone about 5 yards. I called and explained the reason I picked the seats I did was I like to be able to see the whole field not just half. The Sept 14 game they moved me to sec 218 row 27, which is almost directly across from my season seats. I was happy again, Sept 20 game all I read on here was everyone was getting upgraded seats and free tickets. So I called my rep and he moved me over 8 seats from the goal line, and no free tickets. Oct 4th game got my tickets and I'm now in sec 108 row 9, which is right across the field from the Labor Day seats that I first complained about. The two other couples that I got the first time season tickets for have already told me they will not be getting them next year. So here is where I blame the Ticats, when they first knew the upper west side seats were not going to be ready for Labor Day, and knowing full well like the rest of us that once you played one game there it let the builder off the hook for not having to paying you the million dollars per games missed. There was no incentive for him to have 200-300 guys there every day like before. So here is what the Ticats should have done and what I asked them for but was told no. Every season ticket holder who's seats were not ready, be given comparable or better seats than theirs, for the Labor Day game. If they were happy with those seats then those were their seats for every game till their seats are ready. Why should I have to wait till the Wednesday before the game to see what the team has left from people buying one game tickets. I have moved 4 times in 4 games, and won't know till next Wednesday where we will be for the Ottawa game. Sorry this isn't sour grapes, just not a way to treat a season ticket holder of 30 years. :frowning:

Yeah. I’m not mad, and I understand the craziness, but I am disappointed about moving constantly. It would have been nice to have been given a regular temporary perch but it’s not a game breaker for us.

You don’t have to wait until the Wednesday before the game.
As soon as they announced that our seats still won’t be ready for Oct 17 we called and got our replacement seats, upgraded from silver to gold.

Did you have to pay extra to move up? We asked to go to Platinum and were charged the difference.

For the first 2 games you would have had to pay extra to upgrade. We stayed in silver for those.
But for the BC game and the Ottawa game they offered free upgrades in their email to upper west side ticket holders.
Here’s the section from the email for the Ottawa game:

[i]"The Tiger-Cats would like to relocate you to the best seats available. As a thank you for your ongoing patience and continued support we are pleased to confirm an automatic upgrade.

Upgrade your seats into the Gold priced category for this game at no charge to you, now! (Subject to availability).

We ask that all Upper West season seat holders looking for upgraded replacement seats, contact the Tiger-Cats by Monday, October 13 at 905-547-CATS (2287)."[/i]

As far as I'm concerned the Ticats have gone above and beyond our expectations considering this is out of their control as they have to rely on the word of the lying stadium contractor. Free upgrades and tickets for those STH who have been affected is a nice gesture. Sure, I'd be loving to sit in my regular seat in the upper West side, but as long as the organization is keeping me happy by providing me another seat to watch the games then who am I to complain.

Even without upgrading I’ve been sitting in better seats than what my real seats are. So yeah, I’ve had no problem with it.

The “Upgrade your seats” wasn’t in the email to gold season tickets holders. Thanks for the clarification.

Actually we have been happy moving around. Different perspectives making us happier with our upper south west almost corner choice.