Update : Erik Harris survives first cuts with Saints

With the release of Terrell Sinkfield from the Vikings yesterday I thought I would just give everybody a quick update on our other ex-Cat trying out in the NFL with the Saints- Erik Harris.

Erik Harris survived the 1rst round of cuts to 75 with the Saints and it’s looking good for him to make the final 53 man roster when the season opens up in a weeks time. It seems that the team is pleased with his play and excited about his work ethnic. In 3 preseason games so far Harris has 9 tackles total(5 solo, 4 assists)and has been impressive with his solid play to date. I would say that it looks good that the Saints will be 2 for 2 in successive years in signing ex-Cats to their roster. So far so good Erik , keep up the good work and do us proud much like the Breaux Show has already done in showing the talent that has come through the Hammer in the last few years. :smiley: :rockin:

Here’s a nice interview with Harris from the Saints home web page :

[url=http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-center/videos/Erik-Harris-I-like-picking-older-guys-brains/3a12afba-4225-423c-af33-2dc846257fdb]http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-c ... c846257fdb[/url]

and here’s another article about how Erik has been turning heads with his impressive play and how his friendship with Breaux helped him land the tryout with the Saints :

[url=http://bigeasybeliever.com/2016/07/29/saints-safety-erik-harris-makes-an-early-impression/]http://bigeasybeliever.com/2016/07/29/s ... mpression/[/url]

Harris making the tackle in preseason action against the Patriots

I'm very happy for Erik. :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

YUP, we sure could use him but it looks like he just earned himself a raise...Good for him!!

Just as with Delvin Breaux: sad to see him leave, but happy for his success. Both these guys are top notch individuals.

Agree with you on that! The silver lining could be that now there are TWO reasons to cheer for the Saints in black and gold in the NFL! :smiley:

Way ahead of ya , as everyone on here should know by now I've been a huge fan and cheering on them Saints for years now. :smiley: but hey there's always room on the Saints bandwagon for new members , all are welcome and besides those Saints wear Black "n" Gold same as our Cats :smiley: :rockin:
Ladies and Gentlemen introducing.............The New Orleans Saint Cats :smiley: :rockin:

Love it bobo! :thup: :thup: Only started watching the NFL 2-3 seasons ago but didn't really have a team that I cheered for although I did try to watch Panthers (Medlock) and Dolphins (Thigpen) a bit. I DID start cheering for the Saints last season when Breaux joined the team but didn't actually see many games as either they weren't available or conflicted with the CFL which will ALWAYS come first. I'll try to do better this year! :smiley:

I hope we get some Saints games on TV up here. Would love to see Harris and Breaux light it up this year.

Grover ' s son Christian Covington made the Houston Texans.

An American, who just made the NFL, and he's got The Hammer on his mind:

Erik Harris ?@e_harris_31 14h14 hours ago
Labour Day Classic tomorrow! Wish I could be there. #Ticats #BattleOfQEW

:rockin:

From Jeff Reinebold on twitter :

Jeff Reinebold@ Jeff_ Reinebold - Sep 3
TWO OF THE BEST @ Ticats NOW ARE
@ Saints- ALL OF YOUR TICAT FAM IS
PROUD OF YOU! GREAT PLAYERS/BETTER MEN
# WARRIORS

Delvin Breaux then tweeted :

Delvin Chip Breaux@ Breaux Show24
my dawg @e_harris_31 then made the squad...congrats my boy...

Jeff Reinebold on twitter :

Jeff Reinebold@ Jeff_ Reinebold -Sep 3
CONGRATULATIONS@e_harris_31ON
MAKING THE @ SAINTS 53 MAN ROSTER !
SO COOL TO SEE GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE !

Good post Bobo, great to hear that Erik Harris could land a spot with the Saints this season and join a fellow Ti-Cat in Delvin Breaux on the roster.

We are proud of both players as fans in watching their great accomplishments up here in the CFL with the Cats and last year was a great season for Breaux as one of the leaders of the Saints in his rookie year and I'm sure Harris will impress the coaches as well.

We'll be cheering on the Saints this season and our ex-Tiger-Cats!!

GO CATS GO!!!