Unsuccessful again....

"The Hamilton Tiger-Cats also were interested in Thorpe and were believed to have contacted him Wednesday night, when he was already in Edmonton."

Let's see now, the Cats have failed to get Taman (or so we are led to believe), Rita and Thorpe. Interesting observation! Desjardins said he would get Taaffe, he did. He got Lumsden signed, Gagne-Marcoux, Dyakowski and Printers. Pretty good average isn't it!

cuckoo
cuckoo

This quote is probably relevant:

"The time is right for me personally," said Thorpe, a Vancouver native. "It's an opportunity for me to come west and to come to an organization everyone in the league emulates."
[url=http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=132818]www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=132818[/url]

If that's what is important to Thorpe, can you think of any reasons why Hamilton would not have been his first choice?

I agree with the cookoo.

Because Mitchell is dragging his _ _ _ on hiring a new GM, we are missing out on the potential signings of all quality coaches who are becoming available every day.

Hurry up, Scott!

I agree there should be movement but the original post has nothing to do with the speed of the A$$ movement nor the missed opportunities. Read between the lines it is a "we should have kept Desjardins cause he produced more than Mitchell" thread.
Hence Cuckoo , Cuckoo.

A special teams coach that we wanted to interview signed elsewhere...in other news the sun will rise tomorrow!

By 2007 seasons end the Team had dropped 6000 in attendance,im Glad the bum was fired- will Printers even make the Team in 2008? Have we got a GM yet, -Fire Mitchell to :oops:

I'd hate to see Greg Marshall (the other) get snapped up by Montreal before our new GM has a chance to get him.

Why? Hall is a better coach and is the reason Sask won the Grey Cup. Right now I just hope they give him an interview cause I know if they do he will be our next head coach also I hope Mitchel isn't the one hiring a new gm because he is obviously just going to go with the first guy who tells him he wants Taaffe back. This team really is a joke and it starts with the president, it would have been nice if Scott didn't let it be known how much he's in luv with Charlie so that it didn't influence the gm search in any way, but nooooooooooooo!

Mitchell isn't dragging. He just can't find anyone good who'll come here.

I don't think Mitchell is dragging his feet either. I do think he underestimated the task at hand and I further think he'd better get on with it or his career president could be short lived.

I don't think Mitchell is dragging his feet either. I do think he underestimated the task at hand and I further think he'd better get on with it or his career as president could be short lived.

it would have been nice if Scott didn't let it be known how much he's in luv with Charlie so that it didn't influence the gm search in any way, but nooooooooooooo!
Good point, Drexl. That was not a wise move

Agenda alert:

Why do you hate Mitchell so much? What did he ever do to you? Why do you want him fired?

Lets' see who he gets. See what kind of team they field and see how they perform before we start a web campaign to get him fired.

Mitchell has also made it quite clear Taaffe remains here only if the new GM wants it that way and no doubt made that clear to whomever he's interviewing.

Where is the "What He Said" :thup: emoticon?

I think we all, should give Mitchell the benefit of the doubt until we find out how the changes he wants to make play out for the 2008 season. He is not stupid.
I would have to think all the phone calls were made before he dumped Marcel. I am guessing he has his ducks in a row already and is dealing with the fine print right about now.
He's leaving all the speculation to us.
I hope thats the situation.

(Zontar) Agenda alert:

Why do you hate Mitchell so much? What did he ever do to you? Why do you want him fired?

Lets' see who he gets. See what kind of team they field and see how they perform before we start a web campaign to get him fired.

If you are referrencing my hatred for Mitchell, Zontar, as so frequently is the case, you're way off base.

I don't hate Mitchell at all, in fact, he seems like a nice guy who is trying his best to to a good job.

I am only SUGGESTING that he may have under estimated the work that needs to be done before the team can move forward.

I wish Scott Mitchell nothing but success and in doing so, I know that I am the same as yourself and all other Ticat fans.

I'm sorry that you are reading hatred in my posts. I don't hate ANYONE per se, but admiitedly, some folks DO get under my very thick skin. (But not Scott Mitchell!)

Disagree. Your motives are clear and quite familiar. A clear and consistent pattern.You have an agenda. People are catching on.

(Zontar) Disagree. Your motives are clear and quite familiar. A clear and consistent pattern.You have an agenda. People are catching on.
People are catching on ? I presume you are referring to "people" you know personally.

Can we agree to disagree on this one, Zontar?