Uniforms

Wondering why the Lions were wearing their road unis while the Eskies were in full green homes? Nice to have a change but if that's the case, wish they would have worn their classic 60's retro ones they wore last season on a couple of occasions... Would be especially fitting this season back at Empire.

I am going to make a wild a$$ guess.

I think it comes down to cost. The last four years I have noticed (Based on TV High lights) That Edmonton and Saskatchewan have always worn Green, but never played each other in Exhibition. BC and Calgary have always wore their whites. (and not played each other).I think when you have so many players, making two sets of jerseys with name and number doesn't make sense. I think the four teams in each conference must sit down and pre-determine who wears what. That way, one set of jersey covers both pre-season games.

Again.... its just a guess but it makes the most sense to me and it has been that way for a few years now.

Anyone out there confirm my guess or not?

That seems way too logical sportsmen!

I always thought that the home team has the right to decide on which coulor of uniforms (either home jerseys or road jerseys) they will be wearing for the game. Is this true?

Saskatchewan and Edmonton played against each other in preseason in 2009 and 2008. Ditto for BC and Calgary.

I like that theory for this year, though, because all eight teams wore only one set of jerseys for both preseason games. It makes sense.

That's true.

I know there are times when a team will wear their road jerseys at home just so their team photographer can take pictures of the players in them.

I'm not sure what is going on with these jerseys. I thought I heard "someone" say that the home teams would be wearing their white jerseys and solid colours on the road during this regular season. Can anyone confirm this? That would sure be a switch and a little hard to get used to. :?

I think Sportsmen is right. From looking at the highlights from this year's pre-season, half the teams wore white for their games (Lions, Bombers, Argos and Stamps) while the other teams (Als, Riders, Ticats and Eskimos) wore dark for both.

I haven't heard anything about a switch for regular season games though.

No, that's not our rule. . . but I do believe that to be the case in the NFL. . .

Well, back in the 50s/60s, that's the way it was. . . home team in white. . . here we are in the 21st century and I'm still finding it hard to get used to visiting teams wearing white. . .

theyve always done the whites at home during preseason for some reason