After moving from Montreal to Calgary 6 months ago, I was so looking forward to attending today's game.
It was great!.... for the first 15 minutes of play time.
What my son and I witnessed after that from my beloved Als was unbelievable:
- High school level play calls
- Offensive play calls that my midget level son could read even before the play got off (notably AC's attempt to Noel Devine - imagine how the Stamps defense saw that one coming!)
- A punt returner who can't secure the football
- Players chirping at the head coach while the game was in play
- Obvious disrespect of the Als roster for the coaching staff and vice versa
- Players taking the game into their own hands with unnecessary roughness calls (playing with a "who gives a crap" attitude)
- A lethargic offense which once again could get little to nothing going - again
- An undisciplined and frustrated defense with the notable exception of Chip Cox who gives 100 % all the time.
- Players removing their helmets on the field on a regular basis - once again a "who gives a crap" attitude.
These coaches have to go! Pretty much all of them! The Montreal Alouettes, with their all-star line-up, have gone from being a dynamic force to looking like a bunch of guys who just want to go home.
I love my Als, but Mr. Wettenhall, I hope you are listening. Something major has to change now!!