Ummmm....sad

Gonna leave this blank.....topic title says it all I think

A lot of justified calls on us that game. A LOT bogus calls on us that game though to. Apparently getting jammed by a defender is offensive pass interference and blocking and knocking someone down is a hold.

But you have to accept it and move on. In Football, if you aren't ahead by at least 10, you're behind.

Hamilton Sucks, I had enough of this team and BS Politics on the new field go right along with it!! How many years have we seen this crap, in an eight team league now nine we still suck!!

Yeah...it's not like we made it to the Grey Cup recently, and still have a massive amount of injuries on the roster. :roll:

Made it to the Grey Cup and were man handled. Injuries are no excuse.

Agree 100 %. Hamilton the punching bag of the CFL.

Don't feed the troll...and this BIGCAT is a troll...

A tough way to lose a game. I thought we were way too inconsistent offensively in the fist half...and penalties killed us, big time. Mrdlock was up and down punting as well. Too many no yards calls flipped field position!

LeFevour finally got on track and McDuffie looked great in the return game, but we needed to see more touches by Gable. It was a nailbiter and a winnable game that we didn't finish.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

It seems that the team put shackles on Lefevour and took him away from what made him successful last week. If they did this loss is on the coaching staff for not letting him be what he is.

And six other teams didn't make it. Three others from the east didn't make it. Yes, we made it to the Grey Cup last year. An accomplishment in my books.

Three games this year against the top three teams in the league, lost by a total of eight points. Basically three plays away from winning all three.

If I may ask, in what way? I mean apart from the final drive that TSN even commented that it was a hard balance to hit between being too conservative and too risky, what would you say the staff did with their play calling that hurt LeFevour.

Also keep in mind, our defense was doing a pretty good job that entire game. Leaving it to them doesn't seem out of the question.

I still so very much disagree with Lefevour getting on track, hes not a good QB and i really dont see it in him even. Id get him out of there he's Quentin Porter all over again someone who wont get any better as a QB but who we stick with for no good reason.

Field goal range with 5 minutes left and a chance to go up 9 --- Rule #1 -- don't leave FG position. A penalty and a sack, and then no FG. Coaching should assure play calling at that position of the field does not allow for those mistakes. Quick runs. Quick hits. Then kick 3 and win the game.

Not kicking a single point to go up 7. TDs plus converts equal 7. We were only up 6. The coach decided for field position (which, ironically, we didn't get). Kick a single and the game is still on. Field position is important, but, the scoreboard at the end of the game only counts points, not field position.

Almost never handing off. Rarely using your star running back. Failure to eliminate penalties.
One handoff for no gain, and the running game is abandoned. But.....throw ICs, INTs, get sacked....never would he abandon the pass.

Austin gets a lot of credit here, but, he is only in his third season as a head coach in the CFL, and, it shows.

The way that they stopped him from running and playing his game which worked well last week. Lefevour didn't take off with the ball at all. But like I said in my earlier post IF they stopped him, not that they did for sure.

Ok, so a penalty that Austin has little to no control over and is almost completely player fault item, and sack on a pass where a large amount of yardage is needed to secure a first down and to seal the deal on a field goal kick. IE: Showing confidence in your QB.

As far as never handing it off, yes completely agree.

As far as failure to eliminate penalties, there were a LOT of official blame calls, and everyone is getting hit with swarms of penalties this season.

So one valid point, that might hurt LeFevour's ability to pass the ball somewhat, in favor of him given plays the allow him to both run and pass the ball, which I might add he attempted to run several times, and each time for short yardage (being unable to escape the line).

Not saying there isn't room for some improvement, but I think saying Austin shackled LeFevour who seemed to have quite a bit of free reign is not a fair comment.

Easy Cat fans.I still think you are the best in the East.The Bombers are a very underestimated team.Don'tworry we'll see you Grey Cup weekend.

Definitely a tough loss in a game that again we could-should have won. Calling a running play on 2nd and long against the Bomber D killed the drive that could have ended in a FG at least. WAY too many penalties!!! most of the DUMB and avoidable kind but there seemed to be some borderline calls against the Ticats too. However you can NOT give up the length of a football field to the opposition. :thdn: :thdn: Very disappointing loss :frowning: :x

Penalties killed us. End of story.

We gave the game away because of bonehead mistakes at inopportune times.

A few guys also proved that they aren't starters. King isn't ready. Gagne-Gascon was unbelievably ineffective on Grigsby's game-winning TD...he was close enough that he could have knocked the ball down if he had just turned around. It was in the air for like 5 seconds. Instead, he blindly waved his wands in the air in a halfhearted effort at the worst time. Not impressed.

Field goal range with 5 minutes left and a chance to go up 9 --- Rule #1 -- don't leave FG position. A penalty and a sack, and then no FG. Coaching should assure play calling at that position of the field does not allow for those mistakes. Quick runs. Quick hits. Then kick 3 and win the game.

Not kicking a single point to go up 7. TDs plus converts equal 7. We were only up 6. The coach decided for field position (which, ironically, we didn’t get). Kick a single and the game is still on. Field position is important, but, the scoreboard at the end of the game only counts points, not field position.

Almost never handing off. Rarely using your star running back. Failure to eliminate penalties.
One handoff for no gain, and the running game is abandoned. But…throw ICs, INTs, get sacked…never would he abandon the pass.

Austin gets a lot of credit here, but, he is only in his third season as a head coach in the CFL, and, it shows.[/

quote]

Ok, so a penalty that Austin has little to no control over and is almost completely player fault item, and sack on a pass where a large amount of yardage is needed to secure a first down and to seal the deal on a field goal kick. IE: Showing confidence in your QB.

As far as never handing it off, yes completely agree.

As far as failure to eliminate penalties, there were a LOT of official blame calls, and everyone is getting hit with swarms of penalties this season.

So one valid point, that might hurt LeFevour’s ability to pass the ball somewhat, in favor of him given plays the allow him to both run and pass the ball, which I might add he attempted to run several times, and each time for short yardage (being unable to escape the line).

Not saying there isn’t room for some improvement, but I think saying Austin shackled LeFevour who seemed to have quite a bit of free reign is not a fair comment.

[/quote]
My point is the coach should be more aware of the game situation. He should recognize that a FG wins the game, and he should ensure no call jeopardizes that FG, anymore than if they were on the one yard line. No yards were needed. The game was in the bag with an easy FG. Don’t jeopardize it. Do not allow players bonehead mistakes cost you the game.

Play calling there was poor. Two no gains and a FG, and we are all happy right now. The coach needs to be more “math” aware…

I will agree that I see similarities between Porter and LeFevour. Both are tall QBs who have good running ability but their share of shortcuts. However, LeFevour to me has three things going over Porter.

1. LeFevour doesn't step back too far from the pocket. This used to drive me nuts about Porter, he'd step back, even in shotgun a ridiculous amount, and made it next to impossible for his linemen to make an effective pocket for him. That brings us to my next point.

2. LeFevour doesn't get the deer in headlights. LeFevour doesn't encounter pressure and just bolts, hoping for the best. He steps up into the pocket and uses it, he throws the ball away when he knows the play is hopeless, he will run but does so smartly often. He also doesn't seem to key in on a single receiver as much. The second Porter got pressure of any kind, he'd try to run a sweep, every single time.

3. LeFevour has rope and less mentoring. This is LeFevour's 2nd game as a starter and he's performing far better then most second strings manage. He has no veteran QB to learn from, except for a few seasons with Burris and is reliant upon his head coach, who while having impressive QB credentials, has a team to manage and coach. Porter on the other hand had Kevin Glenn for several seasons, Cortez a QB coach in his own right and several different OC's and QB specific coaches working with him. He also had almost an entire season as a starter before we finally pulled the plug on him in favor of KG.