Ugly Win

Riders win ugly, but a Win is a Win..its games like this that might just pull this team together..The Defense played well but room for improvement... Joesph had his usual up & down game but fired a brilliant pass to Murphy.. I could go on but you all saw the game.

We needed this game desperately.. I think for the moment we can all put away our knives and dwell on the positives..

GO RIDERS!!!!!

The difference tonight, imo, was that Joseph not only looked comfortable, but healthy…

Joseph, imo, has got to be close to if not the most clutch quarterback in the league. He didn't necesarily have the most stellar game, but when the game was on the line he got the job done. He has done that a few times this season for the Riders.
Hats off to the defense. Without them this game isn't even close.

Well hes not 100%… that scramble late in the game, he was still limping quite badly…nonetheless HE DID get the Job done when the game was on the line…
and one other tidbit, it was not his fault Dominguez fumbles on the one, that probable touchdown may haved turned the tide sooner than later

I realy dont think he is anywhere close to being clutch!
He had a good late game comback but to call him a clutch player..... I dont think so

Your opinion Ro..late game comebacks = clutch in my books.

IN all fairness to your comment Ro, is he a clutch player? and I would have to say overall no, He was clutch tonight which is what I meant to say.

Spelling, spelling, spelling,,,,,,,,, clutch is spelled Fantuz

No kidding, 'cider.....Fantuz had no business catching that tipped pass from Joseph for the TD last night.....that was a little unreal to me.....

That was the best catch of the kids career to date, for sure.
And kudos to Kerry Joseph for once again vindicating those of us who believe you play your best players, even if they are knicked up, and that you don't pull them because of a slow start.
That was clutch. By a lot of guys on both sides of the ball, and it was a gritty performance by KJ.

Now we'll see. The rest of the season could become just tune-up games in the west, and then if guys are really dinged up, maybe give them a breather.
Of course hope springs eternal that next weeks game against the Argos will give us a chance to tie Calgary...

Go Lions, Go!!

LoL great line Dentor, and I fully agree, I guess DB can keep his job for another week, but if he loses in Toronto then back out they come I guess.

As well, ugly but a win none the less. Today the sun seems brighter and the wind less bitter and DB seems like a better coach and some hope is back for a GC. Go Green.

Glad that the boys won, but, yes it was ugly. Nice to see someone else snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

MD played huge! Nice to see referee Johnson give us the benefit of the doubt on MD'S sideline Fumble. We haven't experienced that too much this year!

Could Shamar's ability make KK expendible for next year?

The Vegas odds would likely suggest KK will not be a Rider next year.
He should be in his option year, and unless a miracle occurs and Barret is resigned, there will be snowballs in hell before KK signs another contract under a Tillman/Hopson regime.
Add in the fact that KK is the poster boy for all the "bad and evil" that occurred under the Shivers regime, (at least according to the book of Hopson, amen)
and chances are he is gone...

Look for between 50 and 75% of the players on this team to turn over in the next year or two.
And that will be a shame, because KK is still a contender to be the best back in the league. He is likely third this year.

The only thing that Fantuz can't catch that comes his way is a cold. Another stellar performance by this guy again last night. Some people wear superman pyjamas, I wear Andy Fantuz pyjamas.

ps. Andy Fantuz can win a game of connect four in only 3 moves.

All teams have ugly wins. I'll take it. I thought the defense played great and Joseph came through when needed. I'm from Ottawa, been an Ottawa Rough Rider fan/Renegade fan all my life. Saskatchewan has been always my 2nd favourite team - well now my #1 team this season. Now with the Renegade connection (Joseph, Armstead, Murphy) in Saskatchewan, I love the Roughriders even more. When I heard Joseph was going to Saskatchewan I was elated. He plays with so much heart and is a perfect fit for the team. Riders all the way this season! They will be the dark horse in the playoffs. Go Riders!!!

If Tillman fails to resign KK he isnt fit to be a GM in any league. KK is the most explosive back and the best offensive weapon the riders have!

Hey...I love KK and hope he is back.
I am just saying it is unlikely, largely for the reasons I give.
I hope I am wrong!

And kudos to Kerry Joseph for once again vindicating those of us who believe you play your best players, even if they are knicked up, and that you don't pull them because of a slow start.

:lol:

Like who else were they gonna start???? Durant? pretty tough to even consider pulling a guy when you dont have any options...Dont Ya think?

:roll:

If Tillman fails to resign KK he isnt fit to be a GM in any league. KK is the most explosive back and the best offensive weapon the riders have!

And also attached to the hip of Barrett..would be very surprised if KK stayed... with Barrett probably exiting Riderville.

Which makes me ask the question…why would we fire Barrett? In the last five years he has only made the playoffs every year and has not had a lossing season. In fact he has a winning record in that time. Sure he has not yet delivered us a home playoff game but then who has in the last 20 years besides John Gregory. Sure he has not won the Grey Cup but who has for us in the last 20 years besides John Gregory. We have already fired the GM who gave us the talent to be over .500 in the last 5 years and make the playoffs every year and replaced him with a GM who had a losing record over that same span. Why now fire the head coach who has lead Saskatchewan to respectibility. Who has finaly in my lifetime given us a better overall record then Edmonton for perhaps the first time. Unless John Gregory is available (tongue in cheek) we really should keep him. Though that is hard to pass by the old boy network of our upper echilon and our media.