UFL COULD PUT A TEAM IN CANADA..........

WHAT IF THE THE UFL PUT A TEAM IN CANADA THAT WOULD BE A GOOD MOVE ON THERE PART THEY COULD DRAW TALENT WITH HIGH SALARIES FROM CFL TEAMS PLUS IT WOULD BE A GOOD MARKETING TOOL AND WITH 32 MILLION PEOPLE LIVING IN CANADA THATS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AT STAKE TO BE HONEST THINGS COULD GET INTERESTING IN THE WORLD OF FOOTBALL

And which city do you suppose they would put it in? The only league that could usurp CFL dominance in Canada, is the NFL.

I sure hope they try though....the sooner the UFL dies, the better.

the UFL will, like every other competing American Football league.. DIE

i’m curious as to why the CFL fans on this board seem to want this league to die, before it even gets off the ground. Why not embrace the possibility that this league could feed talent INTO the CFL … Instead, CFL fans have this knee jerk reaction that anything other than CFL football must be evil and it should die. Quite pathetic really.

Im just happy to hear there will be more quality football available to watch … yea - more pro teams generally means a bit of watering of the talent pool … But really, I dont think the CFL is going to be overly affected … we may lose a few quality players, we may gain a few quality players.

If CFL fans are confident that their CFL product is of true quality, then there should be no concern when a new league pops up … I wish them luck - its a tough market.

As for potential Canadian cities … I’m sure Toronto or Montreal is on that potential list.

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

If Ottawa wants football as bad as some fans say they do, put the UFL team team there... :stuck_out_tongue:

CFL fans have this knee jerk reaction that anything other than CFL football must be evil and it should die.
Wrong....Anything other than the CFL AND THE NFL is evil and must die. :wink:
Im just happy to hear there will be more quality football available to watch .. yea - more pro teams generally means a bit of watering of the talent pool
You contradict yourself. If it's watered down, that means LESS quality football to watch.

The problem I have with these start-up leagues, is that it wastes our time, while taking quality players, that could be seen on Canadian football fields.

Hmmm, be careful about over saturation. Looking at this objectively, Besides catching most of the CFL games, I watch Junior Football in Kelowna, (Now Kamloops has a team again). Should I want to watch NFL Style Football, I'll pop over the border to Seattle and catch a game there. Would another league work? I doubt that it would make head ways into the entertainment dollar. (In Vancouver the Canucks and WHL have a good slice of the entertainment dollar)

I think it would be a good thing in that it would have more football on the American news, which most of us get and probably watch, and therefore get more people into thinking football here in the spring and early summer. I'm all for it and I bet with the new commish we'll be seeing some more cooperation between NFL, CFL and this new league. Just my thinking anyways. NFL Europe isn't working out and there aren't many football leagues around so they must work together to keep promoting gridiron football or else we'll all be stuck with that other kind of football as our only football, not good.

But really, I dont think the CFL is going to be overly affected .. we may lose a few quality players, we may gain a few quality players.

Well said Statik!

Good Point Hillbilly!

Watered down talent looks like the XFL. Those XFL receivers couldn't catch a pass if they're jobs depended on it.

I don't mind Area league football either.

But for sure:
Anything that isn't CFL, NFL or Area Football League must die. ( oh wait i was diggin' the NFL europa league too but that might count as NFL )

Typical response.....
I don't like it so no-one else should have it.

If the league is based in the US, its only a matter of time until someone in Toronto wants a franchise. :smiley: :twisted: :lol:

And what stadium would this league put a team?

Frank Clair?
the Big Owe?

Every other large Canadian stadium has a CFL team, have fun with the legal troubles playing in a CFL stadium.

I would think most teams have a lease agreement that disallows another team from playing in their stadium.

Sask, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg and Hamilton have Leases where they run the stadium too(I beleive)

BC place, Rogers center and Molson all have long lease/rent agreements which should give the team the ability to stop another pro team from playing out of the stadium.

THERE IS NO WHERE TO PLAY UNLESS THEY DECIDE TO SPEND OVER 100 MILLION DOLLARS TO BUILD A STADIUM MAYBE THIS LEAGUE COULD START SANDUSKY TEAM IT COULD BE GOOD IF THEY WATCH THAT BAD KIND FOOTBALL THAT IS 3RD OR 4TH BEST IN NORTH MERICA.

I'm guessing this is the new league that Mark Cuban is thinking of starting?

Honestly, I don't know why people bother. These leagues have only two fates: 1) They die, or 2) They merge. Don't waste my time.

That is the part I thought was a good point.

. . . If I could take back my post it would look like it does in the box above.

Relax. I was just meaning that the watered down talent will be a problem.

I enjoy the NFL, I think they are managed in a very correct manner (IMO).

Bringing in another football league that has to try to compete with indefinate foothold the NFL has, not only on the American public but the American Sports Media and the NFL sponsers and investors will be a daunting task.

Sure go for it UFL and Cuban. I will even fly into to Toronto to watch the Toronto UFL team's 1st game.
I will be the Guy with a sign that reads: "ro1313 knows his stuff!!!"

What if you found that caps lock button and pressed it once? That would be a great move on your part so people may actually take you seriously, which is a great tool to have on these boards. With as many respected members as there is here, things could get interesting, all you have to do is press that magical caps lock button.

c'mon, who cares if he types in CAPS LOCK?
IS IT THAT DEVASTATING?
Really?

Its annoying.

Another football league, WOW-WEE! (YAWN!)

It will go the way of...............

WFL
USFL
WLAF
XFL

Well if they do last a couple of years, and teams start moving places, maybe they can be sponsered by U-Haul!

THE UFL=======SPONSERED BY U-HAUL!
WHEN TEAMS MOVE, THEY GO U-HAUL!

UFL could be the future American Division OF the CFL- :cowboy:

UFL could be the future NFL development league since the NFLE is almost DEAD!