UFA Safety Tristan Clovis

Games started 3 games; on the bench THE REST OF THEM. That’s some good stats.

Also, I don’t “hate” TC, I just don’t think he is as good yet as others do. He has more to prove in my eyes, and just because he was on a winning team (and on the bench for most of that winning season) does not mean that he is a great player.

i think he would be a great addition to your team. Much more athletic then Ian Logan and better special teamer

OK… seriously what does this have in relation with my post other than adding you don’t “hate” TC. If you wanted to avoid my question I would just rather you not post. SO let me lay it all out in a few points.

1. No one has said anything about him being a great player people have said they would like him on the Ti-Cats. Where do you get great player out of everyone saying he would be better than what we had last season.

2. Someone just pointed out that he has a Grey Cup ring not that he single handedly carried the team to victory. Whether of not he started 3 games when you put up the stats he did last season he must have performed very well.

3. Players are judged on their stats from the past season and Tristan Clovis has one of the best if not the best stats out of the players playing his position. Clovis, Steinauer, and Hebert were the best safeties in the league in 2007.

So let me just list what he did last season on a WINNING TEAM!..

Tristan Clovis 2007 stats…

32 Tackles, 3 STT, 3 Sacks, 3 Interceptions, and 1 Fumble Recovery.

So I will speak for 99.9% of the Tiger-Cats fans on here I would love Tristan Clovis to dawn The BLACK AND GOLD!!!

And now I will finish by saying if you have something negative to say about a player you BETTER! come on here with your facts straight. Because we Ti-Cats fans will LOVE to prove you wrong.

Have a nice time avoiding this in your next post :wink:

i agree, he is an improvement. our secondary is slowly improving, with the new guy from EMM, the resigning Gordon and hopefully soon the resigning of Bradley. I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie Davis in black and gold either or Tad Kornegay.

Have you ever hear the term “stats are for A**holes”? It is clear that you have a “thing” for this guy. I don’t. He gets a few tackles and a few picks because the system is good and he is surrounded by other solid players. Put him on a team without those other factors and, In my opinion, he has not shown that he has what it takes to be as good as you think that he is. If he can prove me wrong I hope he does it. I think that he is in the CFL for a reason, and is no doubt a great guy. Until then, he is not a solid choice for the safety spot on the cats. It seems that the coach of his last team, who would have been in the best position to make that determination, thought that he was not a starter for that team either. That, my friend, speaks volumes.

Speaking of speaking, please don’t ever assume that you speak for anyone or everyone because I can make my own statements thanks.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story

2007: Dressed in all 18 regular season games…started 12 games at safety

Alright... here we go again another hard headed negative person to argue with.

Well first off I have never "hear" of that statement nore would I believe it has been used by anyone with any clue on what they are talking about...

Also by you trying to insult me referring to me as an "A**hole" and having a "Thing" for a player because I believe that one of the best ways to know if a player is worth signing is to look at his stats to see how productive he was the year before. Just makes you look even more pathetic and unbelievable.

Now should I insult you for having an opinion that is different than mine? Absolutely not because I wouldn't like to stoop to your level.

Now that I know you are an AMAZING! talent scout :roll: that can judge players just by your knowledge of the game... Let me ask you this, if a player is surrounded by solid players and he still produces these kind of numbers in ONLY his sophomore season in the league. You wouldn't want him as part of your team? Not to mention this team is building for the future?

Just like you said "there is a reason Tristan Clovis is in the CFL", So where do you get he still needs to prove something to you? 2007 was his second year in the CFL for god sake. I don't care what player we are talking about. If a player had the numbers he put up I would love to sign a young guy like that for my team. The players who he compared to in 2007 stats were 4-11 year vets in the league and are also surrounded by solid players and in a good system.

So you are telling me that if you were looking at the free agent list this year and your team hasn't had a decent safety at best in the past few years you wouldn't like him on your team?

If you didn't at least offer a young talented player like Tristan Clovis a contract when your team needed a safety I would seriously question your thought process.

So now I must comment on your statement "he is not a solid choice for the safety spot on the cats." Who is your "solid" choice for the Safety spot on the Ti-Cats then? I would love to see who you come up with...

Also when I said I was speaking for 99.9% of the fans here I was not including you in the 99% by the way so you can say whatever your little heart desires.

Now I am done arguing with you as I will probably have to repeat my self over and over because negative people that post on here are all the same and just see their point as being greater than anyone else's.

Whatever.... I stand by my statements.

Tristan, if you read this, please prove me wrong. I support Candians in the Canadian game and I hope that you do well in the league. It would be great to see you succeed.

Yawn.... Moving on.

Thank you for not replying like every other negative poster on this site before you.

I hope you didn't take my posts personal, I just wanted to get my point across that Tristan Clovis would be a good pick up for the Ti-Cats.

I understand what you trying to say that his stats do not make him a great player, but it definitely gets him noticed by other teams. I was just stating his stats are great considering the guy is only entering his 3rd season as a pro.

I just think you were reading into the fans here too much when they say they would like Tristan Clovis here.

dont get me wrong..having tristan clovis would be an asset to our team but i think were missing something..what do you people think of Nick Kordic? he played in the preseason with the cats last year and he actually made a few interceptions i believe and looked really good. I wouldnt mind giving him some playing time at safety this year also. He kind of faded right off the radar after preseason and im not sure why. He kind of faded off the radar like Jykine Bradley and i think Bradley could be a starter this year for us.

Nick Kordic, Wants to come back. He went back to finish his last year of University ball.He i sjust waiting to see if the team intends to bring him back.

Nothing wrong with signing Mack,products, Clovis can help with depth in the secondary, why not sign him?

because he has re-signed with Saskatchewan

Kordic played 2 preseason games for the Cats and had 2 intercepts.He makes plays! I too hope to see him at training camp this year.
Pat Lynch (the old guy in section 7)

Finally, SOMEBODY gets it right.